Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
Latest Logistic Trucks used for ASELSAN solutions seem to be all from BMC Defence.

ASELSAN has decided to mostly use BMC Trucks in there newest Magazine Update.

Examples below:

BMC 5 TON Armored
BMC 5 TON
BMC AMAZON

For the first time we see BMC AMAZON Vehicle being used

View attachment 22253
View attachment 22254
View attachment 22255
View attachment 22256
View attachment 22257
This is correct ... If there is a local alternative ...why would they give the money to foreigners

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,513
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
As much as I critisize sometimes BMC, I agree to the fact to use BMC trucks for our projects. Why use Mercedes, MAN trucks while we have our own company.

Masesebe

Reactions
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
A new vehicle from katmerciler will be shown in idef 21 along side fnss and bmc , tumosan .
As we all know every armored vehicle company in turkey have been already produced 4x4 armored vehicles , one lf thr best quality 4x4 in the world .
And i admire that .
Turkish forces including police border security used and boight most of these systems like otokar kobra 2 , katmerciler hizir , fnss pars 4x4 , nurol makina edjer .
And we saw a lot of countries around the world buying these vehicles and even we saw more than three turkish companies battling to win the contract in some countries and un the end one of the turkish companies win the contract while there are other great foreign companies in the tests .
I think turkey soon will be the in the lead of 4x4 armored vehicles and now with domestic power packs will be available it will be unstoppable .
What we will see in idef 2021 , idef 2021 will be the first step for turkey to be in the leader in 6x6 , 8x8 , mraps and trucks .
As we all know that otokar arma and fnss pars family have been adapted by countries such as Malaysia , oman , uae and other african countries .
Katmerciler announced that they will show a new armored vehicle , it could be an 8x8/6x6 configuration or it could be Mine resistant , we will see a huge collection of products from tumosan with domistic level rate more that 90 percents , fnss also will show pars generation four and i am sure there are more of tracked vehiclez will be shown , bmc will show their latest 8x8 , i think nurol makina will make some surprises .
So what is important about that is that turkey will flood the market with its 8x8/6x6 vehicles as they have been done with 4x4 .
And a lot of countries will start to adapt these vehicles since they are cheaper than othee foreign companies and also more reliable .
I think turkey will accept some of these vehicles in its inventory .
And we all hope that the next step for turkey is tracked infantry fighting vehicle .
That is a huge thing !
But turkey should also work on their advertising skills

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
A new vehicle from katmerciler will be shown in idef 21 along side fnss and bmc , tumosan .
As we all know every armored vehicle company in turkey have been already produced 4x4 armored vehicles , one lf thr best quality 4x4 in the world .
And i admire that .
Turkish forces including police border security used and boight most of these systems like otokar kobra 2 , katmerciler hizir , fnss pars 4x4 , nurol makina edjer .
And we saw a lot of countries around the world buying these vehicles and even we saw more than three turkish companies battling to win the contract in some countries and un the end one of the turkish companies win the contract while there are other great foreign companies in the tests .
I think turkey soon will be the in the lead of 4x4 armored vehicles and now with domestic power packs will be available it will be unstoppable .
What we will see in idef 2021 , idef 2021 will be the first step for turkey to be in the leader in 6x6 , 8x8 , mraps and trucks .
As we all know that otokar arma and fnss pars family have been adapted by countries such as Malaysia , oman , uae and other african countries .
Katmerciler announced that they will show a new armored vehicle , it could be an 8x8/6x6 configuration or it could be Mine resistant , we will see a huge collection of products from tumosan with domistic level rate more that 90 percents , fnss also will show pars generation four and i am sure there are more of tracked vehiclez will be shown , bmc will show their latest 8x8 , i think nurol makina will make some surprises .
So what is important about that is that turkey will flood the market with its 8x8/6x6 vehicles as they have been done with 4x4 .
And a lot of countries will start to adapt these vehicles since they are cheaper than othee foreign companies and also more reliable .
I think turkey will accept some of these vehicles in its inventory .
And we all hope that the next step for turkey is tracked infantry fighting vehicle .
That is a huge thing !
But turkey should also work on their advertising skills

At IDEF Nurol Makina will present a new TYPE of Vehicle and Katmerciler an upgraded HIZIR.

I am Convinced that at some point in the near Future Companies will need to merge since TAF isn't going to buy many Wheeled Armored Vehicles anymore.
There are Currently

1622905867520.png

> Many don't seem to know but FNSS belongs to Nurol Holding so the same people. Perhaps Nurol Holding acquires Tümosan since they have a cooperation going.
> BMC belongs to Ethem Sancak and Katmerciler to a guy who is was a Representative for the Government Party in IZMIR, so there might be a logical Fusion
> ANADOLU Savunma belongs to the ANADOLU Group which is massive. They could fusion with KOLUMAN.
> OTOKAR could get into Civil Armored Sector with Best Group.

It could roughly look like that and I believe 4 Companies are more than enough.

1622906692858.png

At the end of the Day it comes down to Money and TAF has a limited Budget. In order to leave space for new requirements they need to save where it makes and the best way of achieving that is UNIFICATION. There are too many different Vehicles and Mixtures which seem unnecessary. Unifying those would save a good amount of Money and Time as well increase Mission Readiness due to identical Parts.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
@Test7 Can we increase the size of this image ? The vehicle seen at the background is manned 6x6 Izci or some kind of wheeled IKA ?

IMG-20210607-WA0007.jpg

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What about an Omtas launcher on the turret? I thought that hole was left for placing a TOW launcher like Bradley have.. Again and always under-armed stuff. Besides even now turret is to big and bulky, look at the height.
As in the turret of Puma IFV, not Bradley.

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
What about an Omtas launcher on the turret? I thought that hole was left for placing a TOW launcher like Bradley have.. Again and always under-armed stuff. Besides even now turret is to big and bulky, look at the height.

That is for munition canister ejection.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
That is for munition canister ejection.
Yes temporarily it was, now covered. It was too big for ejection anyway, might be left open during test period. Would be nice to have some anti-tank missile on them

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes temporarily it was, now covered. It was too big for ejection anyway, might be left open during test period. Would be nice to have some anti-tank missile on them
As in the Puma, the driver’s and the commander’s hatches placed left side of turret. That’s why you can’t put anything you want. I think, it’s clear by now.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom