CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,951
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is Buying firearms legal to citizens in Austria? Are there heavy restrictions?
For semi automatic weapons (Pistols, Revolver, Rifles, Shotguns) you need a gun licence but for bolt action rifles no matter which caliber and break action shotguns are no restrictions.

Note it‘s pretty easy to get the licence.

T

Turko

For semi automatic weapons (Pistols, Revolver, Rifles, Shotguns) you need a gun licence but for bolt action rifles no matter which caliber and break action shotguns are no restrictions.

Note it‘s pretty easy to get the licence.
Look at the center of democracy and humanism, how they don't worry about armed citizens.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,951
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Look at the center of democracy and humanism, how they don't worry about armed citizens.
Actually the EU laws messed up a lot, gun laws were much more liberal 10 years ago. There is a political trend for stricter gun laws, last one 2019.

Switzerland is a ideal example how it should be like.

T

Turko

Actually the EU laws messed up a lot, gun laws were much more liberal 10 years ago. There is a political trend for stricter gun laws, last one 2019.

Switzerland is a ideal example how it should be like.
The influx of Afghan refugees will appear a big threat for Turkish citizens. Government should give more gun freedom to unarmed Turkish citizens.
A lot of neighborhood in big cities are under refugees' occupation. People feel unsafe.

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When you run out of any fancy news so you post a gadget that almost every gun manufacturer can make.

Masesebe

Reactions
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
When you run out of any fancy news so you post a gadget that almost every gun manufacturer can make.
When you cant build a lego house and you have a phone and start to spread negativity instead going and read about the huge problems of 60 round magazines .
Maybe you didnt touch a firearm during you're whole life , 60 round magazines and drum magazines are not an easy task to made , yes you can make one but can it operate well and good , for an example the american gun market you can find more than a dozen 60 round magazine designs but only one or two can operate well without jamming or double feeding .
Also here in israel they still use the american 60 magazines for their m16 style rifle and for gilboa because they are reliable .
This magazine will be a great solution to urban war against pkk rats in turkey .

T

Turko

My iphone 6S is too old, isn’t showing the content of your post 😕

Same news though.
Welcome Turkish RPK-74:) i like it, with longer and heavier barrel, the rifle can work as light machine gun.

İt will decrease logistic,spare part, ammunition problems for another new machine gun.

1628774782811.png

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,927
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
The influx of Afghan refugees will appear a big threat for Turkish citizens. Government should give more gun freedom to unarmed Turkish citizens.
A lot of neighborhood in big cities are under refugees' occupation. People feel unsafe.

Turkey should have more relaxed gun laws regardless. One of the greatest things about America that I will defend to the end is the right for all citizens to bear arms. Second Amendment is my jam.

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Curious how they handled the issue of weight. It's one of the things that led to world militaries ditching drum magazines.
What I dont understand is that dont these soldiers already carry a couple of mags with themselves? I mean at least the special forces?
So instead of carrying 3 20 round mags why not carry 1 60 round mag?

Masesebe

Reactions
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
What I dont understand is that dont these soldiers already carry a couple of mags with themselves? I mean at least the special forces?
These kind of magazines are not for all soldiers , every group of soldiers should have two or three soldiers with these kind of magazines along side soldiers with machine guns .
The goal of these kind of magazines is to support machinegunners with suppression fire . The advantages of this magazine is doing partly machinegun role with low weight and more movability and quick magazine change .
Its for special forces purposes .
And also for fun 😉

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When a magazine gets jammed you want to drop the magazine and attach another one.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,927
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Weight, size, etc. Where you might be able to fit 1 or 2 30 round mags, a 60 round one might not fit. Not to mention the weight, there's a reason militaries stopped using drum magazines, they made the guns too heavy to handle.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
79 16,378
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Welcome Turkish RPK-74:) i like it, with longer and heavier barrel, the rifle can work as light machine gun.

İt will decrease logistic,spare part, ammunition problems for another new machine gun.

View attachment 27773
While I don't support the idea of replacing the LMGs with that concept in ordinary units because of couple of reasons I find that concept very useful in CQB situations. I would like to arm counter-terrorism units with this and increase the mobility of the team while at the same time I keep the firepower potential high.
50 round or 60 round mags are going to kill off drum magazines.
Good luck shooting comfortably while you keep your silhouette low in prone position with this. As I said above I don't support that concept for every scenario. I would like to see that concept in a tactical response units which require lighter platforms that can still provide firepower superiority and also provides the capability of fast reloads in situations where every second can be of critical importance.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
79 16,378
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are some reasons behind that. The form is not very practical and is restricting the capability of the soldiers to shoot effectively from prone position which is very important.

For the fit yes it can be fit if needed but the weight is quite big. Aside the weight of the ammunition and the magazines on the vest also very important is the weight of the gun. If we imagine that the soldiers have to clean urban area which can take a lot of time and is very tough both physically and mentally then we realize that these soldiers have to use extensively different shooter ready positions like compressed ready, low ready/modified low ready and high ready positions. The lightest of these is the high ready position but it is recommended at least the poinman to move in low ready as it is faster to react from it and also it doesn't obstruct the vision of the second man behind (in a column formation) which is tasked to support and cover the same sector as the pointman.

1628809624927.png

1628809647321.png

1628809683195.png

Also apart from that it is often required to have an aim at the sector (without causing tunnel vision of course) which you are covering. All that requires very strong arms and shoulders with a normal 5.56 M4 rifle let alone one with 60 round magazine in it. One of the things that US soldiers still remember from their participation in urban warfare and especially in Falluja/Iraq is the strain on their shoulders from the ready positions.

As for the uses in Special Operations Forces it is a little bit different story. Apart from the Russian SOF many Western equivalents also start to use that concept more often. Our SOF units are also not strangers to the concept. One of the main tasks of our SAT Commandos (Navy SOF) is Visit, Board, Search & Seizure (VBSS) operations. These operations consist of storming maritime vessels. The boarding phase depending on the situation can happen by boarding by sea with a ladder attached to the ship or for example boarding from a helicopter. Both these methods require mobility to a very good extend in order the boarding phase to be completed successfully and safely. Then we have the storming phase which requires storming of the ship's different compartments. The ships can have very tight corridors, doors, tight stairs/ladders which require as much mobility as possible. In order to maintain fire superiority and if needed to open suppressive fire effectively our Navy SOF adopted PMAG 40 and 60 round magazines as replacement for Light Machine Guns (LMGs) in VBSS which will be to heavy, take to much space in that situation and also the reload procedure will be a pain in the a**.

1628810726932.png

You can see SAT doing VBSS training below

T

Turko

To be honest hi-cap magazines aren't reliable. As Kartal1 said i would prefer 30 round mag rather than unreliable and uncomfortable long magazine.

Another issue is you can't fire a lot of ammunition from an assault rifle in a short time. There are overheating problems. You will just burn your carbine. That's why there are LMG's which is made for repeating fire. They have open bolt system which reduces temperature. Also their barrel and stocks can resist UpTo 300 round in a minute. 300 round per minute critical number for LMGs.

You can't use your AR-15 or AK-47 like LMG.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom