Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,945
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
While I don't support the idea of replacing the LMGs with that concept in ordinary units because of couple of reasons I find that concept very useful in CQB situations. I would like to arm counter-terrorism units with this and increase the mobility of the team while at the same time I keep the firepower potential high.

Good luck shooting comfortably while you keep your silhouette low in prone position with this. As I said above I don't support that concept for every scenario. I would like to see that concept in a tactical response units which require lighter platforms that can still provide firepower superiority and also provides the capability of fast reloads in situations where every second can be of critical importance.

50 or 60 rounds could be just a limited tool for special roles.

But these magazines no doubt proved themselves more useful than drums.

Drums, helicals and other new forms of mags are barely used due to multiple reasons.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,945
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Has the TSK ever tested or used bullpups before?

Im really curuious about this. All I know is the FN P90 is being used by Jandarma.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,945
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
...and some Tavors by Bordo Bereliler

Wikipedia also states that the Aug is used by the special forces.

Whatever comes from wikipedia I no longer trust it neither have I seen any augs being used by them.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,945
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

New 100 drum magazine .
I think mpt76 should get 30 round magazine as well .

Good as a squad automatic weapon. But drum rounds are heavy when you can carry much more with 30 rounds.

Ian from forgotten weapons explained why drums, helical and other unconventional magazines are not so common due to price, weight, reliability and capacity carrying.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,120
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Canik updates Mete series SFT and SFx

mete-sft-6112a475d546c-lg.jpg

Improvement Highlights

Holster notch
Front grip stippling change from pyramids to same as sides
Trigger guard undercut
Flared mag-well
Co-witness optics cut
Canted rear sights for one handed operation
Unobtrusive ambidextrous slide stop/release (36mm from 37mm)
Easier field strip down to trigger mechanism
Beaver tail ergonomy improved (people had to file off excess to fit FGS)
More aggressive front serrations
Same color back-strap
Comes with one 18 rounds and one 20 round magazines

Canik is among top 3 handgun makers.

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Operating in Gebze, Kocaeli, System Defense delivered 3,000 MFR56 assault rifles to the Libyan security forces.

GNA soldiers with MFR56.

System Defense introduced its new products MFR56 and RF56 5,56 rifles in IDEF 2021.

The MFR556 is both a ribbon-fed and a magazine-fed submachine gun using 5.56 NATO ammunition. The MFR56 can be converted into an infantry rifle by changing the upper body.

The RF56 is an infantry rifle that uses 5.56 NATO ammunition. It uses the same lower body and fore-end as the MFR56. It has a pikatini rail and can be converted into a machine gun by changing the upper body.
PS: Seems that MFR have open bolt whereas RF have closed bolt upper body which are interchangeable

Last edited:

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That MFR556 is it a licensed production or did System Defence developed it themselves? I ask because a gun nerd friend of mine saw this and was curious to know, he thinks it has a lot of inspiration from fightlite
Fightlite_MCR_060-0012x.jpeg

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Top Bottom