275bd14decd1f5e086ed7cdaa1f30011.jpg
151a1e671a145f155e9bd985f6f25f81.jpg

Yaacov

Reactions
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
Turkish firearms have certainly come a long way, while older more established firearms manufactures are being shadowed into obscurity, Turkish firearms manufacturers seem to have a bunsen burner pushing out firearms consistently.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,719
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Turkish-made grenade launcher reports for duty​

BY ANADOLU AGENCY​

ANKARA NOV 17, 2021 - 10:43 AM GMT+3

The TG40-BA 40 mm drum grenade launcher developed by Turkish manufacturer TG Savunma. (AA Photo)
The TG40-BA 40 mm drum grenade launcher developed by Turkish manufacturer TG Savunma. (AA Photo)

The Turkish defense industry, under the coordination of the Presidency of Defense Industries (SSB), continues to produce new domestic solutions developed by Turkish manufacturers. The range of projects includes weapons developed based on feedback from security forces in the field as well as more advanced products, while research to address or detect new needs in the field of operation is also underway.
The latest example is the ready-for-duty 40 mm drum grenade launcher.

SSB head Ismail Demir said that Turkey was determined to end foreign dependency in all weapon systems.

"Our first multi-grenade launcher, the TG40-BA, which can fire more than one type of ammunition, will add strength to our security units with its adjustable skid optical sight and effective fire. We congratulate the successful representation of our industry," he told Anadolu Agency (AA).

The multiple grenade launcher TG40-BA was developed by TG Savunma and its qualification tests were successfully completed. The types of ammunition that can be used with the 40 mm Drum Grenade Launcher include 40x46 mm low velocity and 40x51 mm medium velocity ammunition.

The grenade launcher can shoot effectively up to 800 meters (2,625 feet) in the conflict zone with its adjustable SLED optical sight.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,140
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I heard many things but what I heard this SAHA EXPO tops it all.

They said that they will sell threaded barrel pistols to civilians, I didn't believe that and I told the guy that I found it unbelievable. But he has the credentials to say the truth.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,933
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

Turkish-made grenade launcher reports for duty​

BY ANADOLU AGENCY​

ANKARA NOV 17, 2021 - 10:43 AM GMT+3

The Turkish defense industry, under the coordination of the Presidency of Defense Industries (SSB), continues to produce new domestic solutions developed by Turkish manufacturers. The range of projects includes weapons developed based on feedback from security forces in the field as well as more advanced products, while research to address or detect new needs in the field of operation is also underway.
The latest example is the ready-for-duty 40 mm drum grenade launcher.

SSB head Ismail Demir said that Turkey was determined to end foreign dependency in all weapon systems.

"Our first multi-grenade launcher, the TG40-BA, which can fire more than one type of ammunition, will add strength to our security units with its adjustable skid optical sight and effective fire. We congratulate the successful representation of our industry," he told Anadolu Agency (AA).

The multiple grenade launcher TG40-BA was developed by TG Savunma and its qualification tests were successfully completed. The types of ammunition that can be used with the 40 mm Drum Grenade Launcher include 40x46 mm low velocity and 40x51 mm medium velocity ammunition.

The grenade launcher can shoot effectively up to 800 meters (2,625 feet) in the conflict zone with its adjustable SLED optical sight.

So it's basically a copy of the Milkor MGL? Not that it's a bad thing or anything but I'm a bit surprised since MKEK apparently produces MGLs domestically anyway.

Top Bottom