Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,601
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The vertical limit for the tests is ~48kms (160k feet) This is probably A-A missiles or air defense missiles. Other possibilities include artillery missiles and a sounding rocket for the space program or the combination of all the things written above. The tests will continue for 8 days. It is nearly certain that multiple tests will be conducted.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Eysh5JCWYAQWo_M

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Maybe shadowed by rocket science but what is with that underwater casing on that camera?

Protection of the camera and 3/8 thread adapter for the suction mount, i would presume.. also nice tactile button extensions which would be useful for gloved operation of the camera ..

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
SMART PNEUMATIC QUAD RACK
Smart Racks are essential units that enable the integration and employment of guided munitions on fighter aircrafts. Aselsan's quad rack has capability of carrying 4 Miniature Bombs (MB). Two quad packs can hit 8 different targets in one sortie.
rack.png

ww.png

Last edited:

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We will see Gökdogan BVR missile trials in following days as well. These are strategic ame changer missile systems. I hope Tübitak SAGE will present Akdogan missiles in IDEF21.

T

Turko

Does Bozdogan have datalink? Or it is just in Gokdogan?
If it didn't have datalink , there wouldn't be any difference from Stinger/Sungur missiles. I think it does have %100.

I am looking forward to seeing ground launched Bozdoğan SAMs.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Tsenal

Committed member
Reactions
1 714
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
In the video you can see the feed from the missile approaching its target from 0:55.

This doesn't mean it will have datalink. It's a test missile, so they would have integrated a link to relay information so that the engineers can asses its flight and seeker performance.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom