Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,717
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why are they rushing to purchase foreign engine? We have own engine projects, Don't we?
I think the only engine that fits is TEI’s TJ90. But the electrical output of the Czech engine is more suitable for the job.
As long as the supply line doesn’t falter, purchasing off the shelf engines is OK. It also takes the pressure off of our engine manufacturers. We really shouldn’t be producing every small engine ourselves.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Germans have developed this:

A multi grenade launcher, I like the idea very much. Such a launcher on armored vehicles (with out guided mini missile Efe) would be quite effective in urban warfare.

Wouldn't a high-velocity airburst 40mm GL be just as effective if not more so ?

1200x627-turkeys-domestic-anti-uav-system-successfully-test-shots-with-newly-integrated-launch...jpg

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,734
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
If it was for 40mm unguided rounds I agree and would chose for the Aselsan, but a multilauncher for guided mini missiles would give a nice punch
Didn’t we already share such a mini missile here i think the range was 1-2km and around 30-40cm long

T

Turko

Last edited by a moderator:

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
1635842730605.png

Answering a question on the speed of Kuzgun-KY. He mentions Goktug Missile, I believe he's referring to Bozdogan WVRM Air to Air missile. We get some insight into the speed of Bozdogan; a 3-4.5 Mach class missile.

Aim-9x ; 2.5+ Mach
IRIS-T ; 3 Mach
MICA ; 4 Mach
Python-5 ; 4 mach

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,717
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 34886

Source - The Hague Code of Conduct and China
It should also be noted that, unless the size and weight of the B611 missile is greatly altered it can not physically go further than 400-450km at best. That too would involve less explosive content and/or better and more efficient fuel.
There are rumours that our Bora 2 is being developed as an off shoot of this missile with a 500+ km range and will have capability to hit moving sea targets.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr. Varank: "Using our already established test infrastructures, we have carried out invaluable work in the development of a liquid fuel RamJet engine in a short time. The point we have reached in a short time in terms of liquid fuel RamJet engines in the project we are carrying out encourages us to become one of the few countries in the world in liquid fuel RamJet engine and, in the future, ScramJet engine technologies.

On the one hand, while continuing the development work on the existing infrastructures, on the other hand, our efforts to establish the infrastructure where we can perform RamJet engine tests and aerodynamic warm-up tests continue at full speed. When its installation is completed, the related infrastructure will be one of the largest in Europe.

Top Bottom