Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 31780

SOM-B1 will be fired from warships and submarine.

Atmaca Block 2 is in development which is for submarines.

SOM-D should be developed from SOM-J.

If we can make radar homing variant of Atmaca and Gezgin, with developing from Akbaba seeker.

If Medium Range Anti-Ship Missile can be dual packed or quadpacked instead of 1 or 2 Atmacas canisters. Would be great for boosting land attack capabilities.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Could this be done by using CIRIT or Mini missile's seeker? We can use a attach/detach modular range finder if it's going to be used by single personnel.

I think it could be easily done with Roketsan's 40mm Mini Missile. May open up a massive market for RPG-7 users too imo..
1625648359_lazer-gudumlu-minyatur-fuze-sistemi-2.jpg

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think it could be easily done with Roketsan's 40mm Mini Missile. May open up a massive market for RPG-7 users too imo..
View attachment 31782

I hope. Since MKE trying to get their act together. Maybe it's time to make better variant of LAW, RPG, munitions etc. Nammo company has been very successful with LAW series. Modern RPG launcher like Airtronic would be great. We need better man portable bunker busting rockets etc.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,850
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Indigenous Ramjet Missile will also get a version to be used on the F-16(Most likely Özgur).

Ramjet BVR(which according to sources will be more advanced than even Meteor), AESA Radar(more advanced than even the APG-83), new avionics and EW/SP Suit.

Rafale who?

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,764
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Indigenous Ramjet Missile will also get a version to be used on the F-16(Most likely Özgur).

Ramjet BVR(which according to sources will be more advanced than even Meteor), AESA Radar(more advanced than even the APG-83), new avionics and EW/SP Suit.

Rafale who?

Mate, First of all I agree about our developed products which (I think) will be providing more.
But it is no matter about rafale or meteor. Why because we have own product mature enough and CAN be CHANGED, Configured what ever when ever we want it -> this is the big leverage which other does not have at moment (their prodcut is finished, mean there is not development or change )

Spook

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey

Rafale who?

I hope we don't wait until 2025-26s for response and integrate Gökdoğan Phase 2 before. We can integrate it to more F16s, far quicker. Also we should experiment with new concepts.

T

Turko

View attachment 31782
RPG-7 costs 500 USD, how much would laser guidance kit and laser pointer cost? Noone would buy it. If somebody needs laser guided mini missile, Turkey offers turnkey solution which is less complex and more compact. I don't think rpg with laser guidance will cost less than Roketsans mini missile.

Trakya_forever

Committed member
Reactions
4 572
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have a question. TRG 122 and TRG 230 will be integrated to Akıncı as it was said before. They will have 60-70 km and 150+ km maximum ranges respectively. Well then will they have the same CEP at maximum ranges when they are launched from Akıncı?

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
RPG-7 costs 500 USD, how much would laser guidance kit and laser pointer cost? Noone would buy it. If somebody needs laser guided mini missile, Turkey offers turnkey solution which is less complex and more compact. I don't think rpg with laser guidance will cost less than Roketsans mini missile.

That's what makes it so attractive, RPG-7 launcher is so cheap and can already readily fire different types of warheads. A perfect platform to develop a laser-guided missile for it. Take, for example, Saab and Raytheon who partnered up to develop a laser-guided missile for Carl-Gustav recoilless rifle. Roketsan's mini-missile was just an example of Roketsan developing a missile for originally unguided platforms.

A good and cheap alternative for less off countries to have smart weapons. Roketsan should get on it before other countries do.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
110 14,682
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Roketsan MD Murat İkinci has stated that the Atmaca has paved the way to produce this very advanced missile in other forms. The Land Launched version is a good example of this he has said. But now in a very short time you may see the air launched versions with slight modification to size etc for Medium Range targets.
This means most probably Helicopter launched version is In the cards as well as plane/UCAV launched ones.

OMGS-Füzesi

He has also mentioned that the first MIDLAS vertical launch system is going to be fitted to I- class frigate.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Roketsan MD Murat İkinci has stated that the Atmaca has paved the way to produce this very advanced missile in other forms. The Land Launched version is a good example of this he has said. But now in a very short time you may see the air launched versions with slight modification to size etc for Medium Range targets.
This means most probably Helicopter launched version is In the cards as well as plane/UCAV launched ones.

OMGS-Füzesi

He has also mentioned that the first MIDLAS vertical launch system is going to be fitted to I- class frigate.

I think people misunderstand Medium Range Anti-Ship missiles. It's being developed specifically to be launched from Helicopters, the follow on developments for surface and fixed wing platforms will come later.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom