Administrator
Reactions
112 14,717
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Any new news about bora 2?
I think everyone in this forum would like to know if there is any news on Bora 2 including me!
TSK is keeping all news regarding Bora-2 very close to it’s chest.
We know that, there is one, as a government minister once claimed that it is much more of a newsworthy item than anything else at the moment. But since then nothing else has seeped through.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,783
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think everyone in this forum would like to know if there is any news on Bora 2 including me!
TSK is keeping all news regarding Bora-2 very close to it’s chest.
We know that, there is one, as a government minister once claimed that it is much more of a newsworthy item than anything else at the moment. But since then nothing else has seeped through.
I think everyone in this forum would like to know if there is any news on Bora 2 including me! You can count me too, buuuuuuut

Turks live in area where WAR is going on and there are neighbours which already use and for Sure they will use all opportunities to Harm Turkiye. This is a FACT!

So let me ask you -> which is the BEST military tactic give you almost 99% chance to succeed or advantage to win?

By knowning what Military products you competitors use/have you need to Invent/Develop a Product which give "Advantage" to you.

If this is the case with Bora-2 platform as new developed/updated product and It have properties which are big differense in militry strategy->

Then HIDE it as much time is possible. Why? As I said Turkiye at present days is in danger from surround neighbours. Wars is going on next you door!!

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
I think everyone in this forum would like to know if there is any news on Bora 2 including me! You can count me too, buuuuuuut

Turks live in area where WAR is going on and there are neighbours which already use and for Sure they will use all opportunities to Harm Turkiye. This is a FACT!

So let me ask you -> which is the BEST military tactic give you almost 99% chance to succeed or advantage to win?

By knowning what Military products you competitors use/have you need to Invent/Develop a Product which give "Advantage" to you.

If this is the case with Bora-2 platform as new developed/updated product and It have properties which are big differense in militry strategy->

Then HIDE it as much time is possible. Why? As I said Turkiye at present days is in danger from surround neighbours. Wars is going on next you door!!
The surrounding neighbors are not that strong to be honest with you, and many other wepaons are being displayed officially. I remember i read that the j600 yildrim started it service in 2001, but then got displayed in a millitary parade 6 years later.

M

Manomed

The surrounding neighbors are not that strong to be honest with you, and many other wepaons are being displayed officially. I remember i read that the j600 yildrim started it service in 2001, but then got displayed in a millitary parade 6 years later.
First time hearing about J600 looks like a still capable missile

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,717
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
J600 was the first short range tactical ballistic missile we had. It was developed with tech obtained from Chinese. It is a derivative of B611 missile. It has no precision guidance. CEP values are too big and hence the accuracy is not great. Range was limited to 150km.
Greek media somehow found out about it and then it was revealed.
Since then there have been rumours that there are 300km, 600km and 900km versions of it in the form of blocks 1,2 and 3. But unless the missile is made much larger, it is physically not possible to make it reach such long ranges. B611 family of missiles can not go more than 450-500km, with their current size. Bora too, is subject to these limitations unless it’s size is changed.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,734
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
The damage It can give with that small missile is impressive can it be used against terrorists effectively?
Imagine how effective it would be on smugglers in Adalar Denizi or pushbackers :)

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,734
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
What systems will carry these munition?
Small UAV that units can bring along. I imagine that one soldier will be carrying the UAV in a bag like old radio operators. Able to deploy it quickly and another soldier will carry the mini missiles. Base pack used to be around 25kg. I wonder if it's still the same...

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Chinese (CASIC) take on the 40mm guided mini-missile concept similar to the Roketsan METE, Raytheon PIKE. The future's going to be fun!!

FBDXDsTX0AIZszX.jpg

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TÜBİTAK SAGE's new Guided Munitions Family: KAYI
🔸Two different versions; KAYI 30 kg (KAYI 30) and 50 kg (KAYI 50)
🔸Wide range of Warheads; Anti-Personnel, Armor-Piercing/Penetrant, or Thermobaric
FE82EA40-F022-4C75-ADCA-F54FB9884BCE.jpeg

PS: Where’s the gliding type aka a large folding front horizontal winged one.

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
hi

I want to ask if som missile did reach to 800km range , long time ago an turkish-arab member in another arab forum posted a news on 2013 that SOM was tested and reached 800km . after googling it I didn't read any reliable source on that matter until I found this old news , saying and I quote :

(( In 2011, the Turkish government announced plans to develop a missile with a maximum range of 2,500 kilometers, not revealing whether it would be ballistic or cruise. Although little information about the program has been released, a Turkish Cabinet minister claimed in January 2013 that Turkey possessed capabilities to produce a missile with a range of 800 kilometers. That claim has never been confirmed ))

so is it true ?

S

Sinan

hi

I want to ask if som missile did reach to 800km range , long time ago an turkish-arab member in another arab forum posted a news on 2013 that SOM was tested and reached 800km . after googling it I didn't read any reliable source on that matter until I found this old news , saying and I quote :

(( In 2011, the Turkish government announced plans to develop a missile with a maximum range of 2,500 kilometers, not revealing whether it would be ballistic or cruise. Although little information about the program has been released, a Turkish Cabinet minister claimed in January 2013 that Turkey possessed capabilities to produce a missile with a range of 800 kilometers. That claim has never been confirmed ))

so is it true ?

Over years, we heard many rumors, also in some defense websites. However, officially Turkish government never announced any missile or rocket over 300 km.

Don't hold your breath, i think Turkey will never officially declare anything over 300 km.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,717
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
hi

so is it true ?

As @Sinan has said due to MTCR Turkey will not reveal and sell any missile more than 300 km range and 500 kg in explosive weight.
SOM, as it is, physically will not go 800 km. It's engine and fuel will be the limiting factors. If the engine is upgraded and the missile is enlarged to carry more fuel, then it may be possible.
However now that more and more composite materials are being used in newer Turkish built missiles, their overall weight is decreasing. This will allow missiles like SOM to travel further. Or carry more explosives.

Last edited:

Trakya_forever

Committed member
Reactions
4 572
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is sure that there will be new Turkish ALCMs. One is around 500+km and another is similar to JASSM ER with heavier warhead than SOM.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom