Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,076
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ufuk reminded me of my times when I was on a cargo ship being responsible for communications. The bad thing about that job was all communications equipment were old and broken, I had to do with what I could fix with my limited electronics training. That's when I kept finding little holes on my pants out of the blue, turns out it was because of the lead acid batteries that I had to deal with.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
105 14,566
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
At last, the first of our new submarines is coming home!
Piri Reis Sub, has started port acceptance tests. Upon completing these tests the sub will go through the sea acceptance tests.

1642856380791.png

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
105 14,566
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
They seem to be doing something at the back of the ship.
Arresting wire system?
When “fully” operational with the correct equipment, this is going to be one hell of a ship for our navy. No matter how much you are a critic of it, being too expensive to build and maintain, it is an undeniable fact that she is going to be a game changer platform for us.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
57 28,553
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Acceptance of TCG Preveze Submarine Equipped with MÜREN SYS

The diesel-electric powered TCG Preveze (S-353) Submarine, which proved that it is ready for Navy missions in a much more powerful and enhanced way after the Sea Acceptance (SAT) cruises carried out in the past days and the Actual Firing Tests (training torpedo firing) carried out afterwards. The official acceptance of MÜREN-PREVEZE Modernization Project was made by DzKK a short time ago.

According to the information I have received, the TCG Preveze Submarine, whose last dock maintenance was carried out at the Gölcük Shipyard Command before it was re-entered into service, is expected to continue its duty at the Submarine Fleet Command from the end of January 2022, after the PREVEZE-MÜREN Combat Management System Modernization work. It was aimed to perform the first Sea Acceptance cruise with the TCG Preveze Submarine on September 27, 2021, when the 483rd anniversary of the Preveza Naval Victory was celebrated, but this schedule could not be met due to the delay.

As it will be remembered, the ISUS-83/2 Combat Management System (SYS) with 4 Operator Consoles on the TCG Preveze Submarine, the first submarine under the MÜREN-PREVEZE Modernization Project, whose contract was signed on August 1, 2017 (which will be the last submarine of the PREVEZE MLU Project), GENESIS/ADVENT It was replaced with a new generation and fully integrated MÜREN SYS with 5 Operator Consoles, and 20 different sensors and navigation systems were renewed.

After passing all environmental condition tests and electromagnetic compatibility tests in accordance with submarine platform requirements, the sensors and systems were subjected to Hardware/Software Combined Acceptance Tests with MÜREN software provided by TÜBİTAK in the test environment installed in ARMERKOM (Land-Based Test System established in MÜREN Laboratory). were then transferred to the submarine via restricted access lines and installed. In the project, the Port Acceptance Tests (HAT) were completed in the last months of 2021 (in November), and then the Sea Acceptance Tests (SAT) Phase was started.

With the modernization, the TCG Preveze Submarine DM2A4 SeeHecht, which was previously capable of firing Mk24 Mod 2 TigerFish Heavy Topido (HWT), also gained the ability to fire Mk48 Mod 6AT/7AT and AKYA National Heavy Torpedoes. A contract was signed between TÜBİTAK BİLGEM and DzK Istanbul Naval Supply Group Command on March 8, 2021 for the integration of AKYA National HWT. TCG Preveze, which has gained the ability to fire AKYA Milli HWT, will perform live fire against a surface target with the warhead AKYA National Heavy Torpedo in the coming days.

On the other hand, it is planned to provide AKYA National Heavy Torpedo capability to GÜR Class Submarines in the service of DzKK. The first guided fire test from a submarine to a representative target in the AKYA National Heavy Torpedo Project, which was initiated on May 8, 2009 in order to meet the 533mm (21 pus) heavy torpedo needs of the Turkish Naval Forces Command with national resources, GÜR Class in the Marmara Sea at the Submarine Training Field in the Gulf of Izmit. It was carried out on January 20, 2021 with the AKYA Training Torpedo (without warhead) fired from the TCG Gür Submarine. However, the aforementioned shot was carried out with a different technique without the full integration of the torpedo into the SYS (the technique of firing from the head of the shell, without the integration of the remote firing into the SYS).

PREVEZE Class Submarines are expected to gain ATMACA Block II Anti-Ship Cruise Missile capability after the MUREN-PEVEZE and PREVEZE Half-Life Modernization (MLU) projects, which continue to operate under two separate contracts.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom