Turkish Politics

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reaction score
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Please don‘t comment stuff that is not your business you are not a Turk nor live in Turkey.

If there is some BIG NEWS about political corruption then share it why are you waiting…

Ardabas34

Reaction score
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Dont worry bro
I dont think anyone will care to even tell the government though
I mean this site is for criticising and discussing
If they will arrest those in defence hub, it will be after they arrest all opposition parties in Turkey, lol. Iam sure that we are on the bottom list of their agenda though, lool

Regarding the issue though, I still dont understand what is new though
It is quite known that the AKP appoints close affliates in critical institutions to consolidate their power even if they dont deserve it
Still nothing new though
Idk why Sinan considers it as the "scandal" of the century; although it is a scandal for sure
It is widely known that many circles around Erdo are corrupt

For me though, a true scandal is when the CHP leader considers the detainment of top HDP/PKK asshole as unfair
If Erdo or even some other party said that, I would say these parties are newly founded and are easily considered as traitors
But for the party that Ataturk founded, and span for as long as the Turkish republic is founded, to say such things is just...... unfathomable tbh

This is different than typical partizan favoring. You need to see the leaked lists. There was a meme sentence in Turkish politics ''rüşvetin belgesi mi olur pezevenk?'' They got as cocky as making excel lists.

This was the tweet shared at eksi sözluk in this topic:

Lool

Contributor
Reaction score
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Please don‘t comment stuff that is not your business you are not a Turk nor live in Turkey.

If there is some BIG NEWS about political corruption then share it why are you waiting…
Didnt mean to offend anyone
Deleted the post
Didnt know about the news though; searched about it in details when Sinan posted about it
All what I said though is that it isnt new for the AKP to commit such acts though

Ardabas34

Reaction score
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Didnt mean to offend anyone
Deleted the post
Didnt know about the news though; searched about it in details when Sinan posted about it
All what I said though is that it isnt new for the AKP to commit such acts though

Just translate the tweets in the tweet chain I sent you. It is so demoralising. Tügva was just one structure. Many islamist structures like this were even competing for dormatiories, positions etc. It is so fucking scary.
According to tweet account even taxes were being dealt to these structures and stuff. This is literally a national security level threat.

Akp is a national security threat. One would think they must have learnt some lessons after gulenists but nope. They are just determined to carve the fundamental of this country. They wont go until they deal the maximum amount of damage.

Government and opposition literally are in a race to pose more threat to national security. Is it too much to ask for a secular nationalist government?

Anastasius

Committed member
Reaction score
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Government affiliated foundations(ones with religious/culty sauce), private dorms place people on state institutions, bureucracy, law and army. I followed the issue on ekşi sözlük.

Edit: Should I be worried over getting in trouble with the government here? Mods?
Haven't there already been scandals like this a decade or so ago? I thought it was an open secret that AKP-affiliated organizations put their people in high places in state institutions. Nothing's been done so far.

TheInsider

Contributor
Reaction score
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Every state has corruption in varying degrees. Good states fight against it and try to keep it at an acceptable level, a bare minimum. The problem with AKP is AKP institutionalized, organized, and monopolized corruption. It is sad, this is what one-party banana states do. Sorry to hurt AKP fans but this is high treason.

Sinan

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reaction score
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What the issue is? Can you enlighten us with some info as I haven't heard nor researched anything?
Erdogan's son started a foundation back in 2014.

Today, we learned that this foundation was home to massive corruption, huge amounts of money laundered, and gained illegally.

For example, Istanbul municapality rented this below place to Tügva for €250/month.

42296674_303.jpg

Tügva is claming that they are a foundation that are giving scholarship to students etc...

What Tügva did with this place?

kapak_154824.jpg

kapak_081528.jpg

They rented the this place for organizations like wedding, engagement parties etc... They can gain at least €10.000 in a single way.

This is just one of the examples, there are basically hundereds of places like this.

All of Tügva's high-ups, were employed in Istanbul municapality before İmamoğlu win the elections.

More over, they send people to Police Special forces, Army, Judicary, even to MIT because Tügva = AKP.

So, they basically formed a paralel state within the state, a very similar way like Gülenist scums. Looks like many AKP members within the state will be in jail in the future for this treason. AKP turned into a very big thieving organization.

Now, AKP fanboys can continue saying opposition is responsible for the governance of the country.

Spook

Contributor
Reaction score
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
odatv_image_62__7d5c763539c045.jpg

affan3_1.jpg

Affan Holding owns ACM Air Charter. Ethem Sancak is an shareholder. All of them AKP related. These aircraft wasn't sold for no reasons.

Deliorman

Contributor
Founding Member
Reaction score
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
My avatar summarizes it all.

I live in the most corrupt shithole in the entire EU and still all the schemes I read about happening in Turkey every day make me only say "WTF bro?". They indeed revolutionized and perfected corruption and managed to reach levels unseen before.

Elaser

Reaction score
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Sweden
I am surprised it took so long for this to come out and it doesnt surprise me at all. This is the only way TUrkey can achieve succes. I see people talking about coups, death penalty, decapitations, generals ruling etc.

That time has pased. Evren was needed in 1938, not in 1980. Too late and the best thing that brings stability and prosperity is now with glorious AKP under glorious leadership of our glorious President!

And no i am not bieng sarcastic. Secularizm and its proponents has failed to change Turkey for decades so now Turkey has to make the best out of the situation and that is islamist-light politics that caters to the majority of Turks. Wheter you like it or not...

Also with delvaluation of lira, now turkey can be export giant in the next decades and it needs to make a name for itself with international turkish brands like industrial giants like germany, france etc...

Some want turkey to become like high income country with high export figures in less than 20 years of AKP rule. That is impossible with no oil and gas like iran and the gulf countries but Turkey is half way to become high income country. It just another 19 years...2040...

Spook

Contributor
Reaction score
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am surprised it took so long for this to come out and it doesnt surprise me at all. This is the only way TUrkey can achieve succes. I see people talking about coups, death penalty, decapitations, generals ruling etc.

That time has pased. Evren was needed in 1938, not in 1980. Too late and the best thing that brings stability and prosperity is now with glorious AKP under glorious leadership of our glorious President!

And no i am not bieng sarcastic. Secularizm and its proponents has failed to change Turkey for decades so now Turkey has to make the best out of the situation and that is islamist-light politics that caters to the majority of Turks. Wheter you like it or not...

Also with delvaluation of lira, now turkey can be export giant in the next decades and it needs to make a name for itself with international turkish brands like industrial giants like germany, france etc...

Some want turkey to become like high income country with high export figures in less than 20 years of AKP rule. That is impossible with no oil and gas like iran and the gulf countries but Turkey is half way to become high income country. It just another 19 years...2040...

**Lives in Sweden**

Elaser

Reaction score
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Sweden
My avatar summarizes it all.

I live in the most corrupt shithole in the entire EU and still all the schemes I read about happening in Turkey every day make me only say "WTF bro?". They indeed revolutionized and perfected corruption and managed to reach levels unseen before.
You don't need to see it as corruption but good governance that suits Turkey and it works quite well. Better than anything since 1938...

Anastasius

Committed member
Reaction score
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

It is very much possible if, you know, the government didn't wreck educational institutions across the board and wrecked the economy so bad that Turkey's best and brightest are fleeing overseas to contribute their talents elsewhere and help them develop even further.

But no, surely doubling down on making everyone in Turkey into a parody of the Victorian factory worker being driven to death by the cruel owner just so they could scrape enough to survive is the way to go! It's not like it's just going to make the brain drain even worse and f**k everything up even more.

You guys have a very low opinion of your fellow Turkish citizens as capable of achieving higher standards if given the opportunity. Imagine if the Japanese had so little respect for themselves and their nation during and after the Meiji Restoration.

Elaser

Reaction score
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Sweden
It is very much possible if, you know, the government didn't wreck educational institutions across the board and wrecked the economy so bad that Turkey's best and brightest are fleeing overseas to contribute their talents elsewhere and help them develop even further.

But no, surely doubling down on making everyone in Turkey into a parody of the Victorian factory worker being driven to death by the cruel owner just so they could scrape enough to survive is the way to go! It's not like it's just going to make the brain drain even worse and f**k everything up even more.

You guys have a very low opinion of your fellow Turkish citizens as capable of achieving higher standards if given the opportunity. Imagine if the Japanese had so little respect for themselves and their nation during and after the Meiji Restoration.
emotional appeals, not going to bother and do not compare hivemind east-asians with passionate Turks.

Blame the post 1938 politicians and intellectuals for failing to continue the modernization and social secularization of Turkey.

Turkey had enough pioneers and visionaries that were treated badly and out of shame these stories were buried only to be dug out decades later to be used as inspiration for a new generation under the guidance of glorious AKP!

Anastasius

Committed member
Reaction score
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
emotional appeals, not going to bother and do not compare hivemind east-asians with passionate Turks.

Blame the post 1938 politicians and intellectuals for failing to continue the modernization and social secularization of Turkey.

Turkey had enough pioneers and visionaries that were treated badly and out of shame these stories were buried only to be dug out decades later to be used as inspiration for a new generation under the guidance of glorious AKP!
Yeah, that's my point. Turkey has the potential for its citizens to do and have better but you seem to think that Turkey only deserves governments that excel at awful things like the above.

Japanese are no more a hive-mind than anyone else. Turks are originally from Asia too, don't forget. We share more than a little bit with the likes of Koreans, Chinese and the Japanese.

Top Bottom