Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
You mean the part where AKP ganged up with the US and destabilized Syria, which lead to a PKK state supported by USA and millions of refugees in Turkey? Note that PKK terrorists moved to Syria through Turkish soil even their supplies for a time, that nothing was done for years they just watched how the YPG grow and when it reached dangerous scale (connection with Afrin) Operations were launched.

I rather have stupid incompetent Arab state as my neighbour than terrorists supported by our so called allies.
Agreed
The AKP did fq up way too much at first tbh
Not only the US deal but the political reconciliation with the HDP gave the PKK even more funds than ever
However, now they are getting screwed over at a greater pace compared to the 90s
I will say it again, PKK now has missiles that can reach 5-10 km+ (ofcourse not advanced like with IIR head etc); that is why they must not be allowed to touch the Turkish-Syrian border as some cities, town, or villages within Turkey are at risk. Not to mention that they may build a new cave network
Turkey must stay in Syria to ensure that none of these assholes ever enter again

At the end, I would say that it is the height of Stupidity to support the CHP when they are with the HDP in the same bed! We already saw what happened to Turkey when peace process was initiated with the HDP. Turkey must never allow a new wave of PKK into Turkey
Supporting the CHP-HDP alliance on the pretext that the AKP was the one which aided in strengthening the PKK in the past is pure idiocy tbh
It is as if
Akp: Chp is bad since they supporting the HDP
Chp: you are the ones who made and strengthened the HDP
Akp: But Iam killing the PKK now and you are supporting them
Chp: Not my problem, you fqed Turkey once and now it is my turn to fq it as well. Each player must get his chance!

I wonder who is the loser in this argument

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
You mean the part where AKP ganged up with the US and destabilized Syria, which lead to a PKK state supported by USA and millions of refugees in Turkey? Note that PKK terrorists moved to Syria through Turkish soil even their supplies for a time, that nothing was done for years they just watched how the YPG grow and when it reached dangerous scale (connection with Afrin) Operations were launched.

I rather have stupid incompetent Arab state as my neighbour than terrorists supported by our so called allies.
False chronology, Turkey did not gang up with anyone in 2011-2013 time, i wish you were, whole Syria would be under turkish portectorate or something like that.
Really do not understand why falsify thingsin order to score some cheap political points.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
10 4,934
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
False chronology, Turkey did not gang up with anyone in 2011-2013 time, i wish you were, whole Syria would be under turkish portectorate or something like that.
Really do not understand why falsify thingsin order to score some cheap political points.
You should do a proper research when exactly Turkey, USA and Russia intervened directly in Syria... then maybe you can add something useful to the discussion.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
You should do a proper research when exactly Turkey, USA and Russia intervened directly in Syria... then maybe you can add something useful to the discussion.
Not really, i followed conflict from very beginning. Beside free passage to the foreign fighters Turkey did nothing else significantly first couple of years. Not a single one backed fsa unit by Turkey at the time, pretty sure that if you did at the time with fsa like today with sna, it would be over rather quickky. You simply made mistake that you tought usa will finish the job with fsa sporrted groups. So, it is quite opposite of your claims.

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
İmamoğlu is winning big by going against taxi drivers. Those thugs and bandits should have thought a lesson long ago.

when I was in istanbul 3 years ago all my fights was with the taxi drivers , they charge a ridiculous numbers + they play with the meters . I once been charged 120 tl just from Fatih to the grand bazar , I didn't wanna make a scene since the police will never stand with me against a turkish citizen .

honestly , the reputation of the turkish tourism specially in istanbul is really bad because of the taxi drivers + police + the scammers

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
İmamoğlu is winning big by going against taxi drivers. Those thugs and bandits should have thought a lesson long ago.
If yoku say so butplease explain how when he introudce 5000 more thugs and bandits as you say so, on streets of Istanbul., woudnt people be even more pissed?

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
who lives in İstanbul? i do! and the last years "herşey bokdan oldu"
Say thx to your favourite party thats blocking everything in Parliament just to screw Imamoglu, you have only yourself to blame for voting these people.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
when I was in istanbul 3 years ago all my fights was with the taxi drivers , they charge a ridiculous numbers + they play with the meters . I once been charged 120 tl just from Fatih to the grand bazar , I didn't wanna make a scene since the police will never stand with me against a turkish citizen .

honestly , the reputation of the turkish tourism specially in istanbul is really bad because of the taxi drivers + police + the scammers
Not to mention some of their attitute against female tourists.

T

Turko

That's why we can't find taxi in Fatih district. The only way to stop taxi in Fatih is wearing national Arab clothes and pretending an Arab tourist😂

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,594
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
She did well there. You should keep your calm under those circumstances.

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
You are wrong,you should have called the police,they would stand with you.

am not trying to undermine the police , but I had a bad experience with them ( before the taxi incident ) that made me say no to calling the turkish police during my work stay there .

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
am not trying to undermine the police , but I had a bad experience with them ( before the taxi incident ) that made me say no to calling the turkish police during my work stay there .

With the Turkish police, the thing is they will be on your side if you find a good police officer or if you are the right kind of foreigner. I honestly enjoyed driving Uber in Turkey when it was allowed, the people were nice and the prices were transparent. There should be a local Uber-ish system for Istanbul.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom