Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
View attachment 36246
why greeks are like this? @Foulgrim lmao
The question you are asking me is off topic.
The answer to your question is simple. The average Greek rejoices at the disintegration and disintegration of Turkey because for 400 years he lived under the Turkish yoke, the Greek population was expelled from Anatolia in 1922 and 1955 while 36.2% of Cyprus was divided and occupied by the Turkish Army with the Attila operation in 1974. The same is done from the Turkish side, some are happy and hope that Thessaloniki will become Turkish along with half of the Aegean Sea and 2/3 of Crete. This topic of discussion is off-topic and i do not think that the forum administrators would agree to open a topic with such a discussion content in a defense forum.

M

Manomed

The answer to your question is simple. The average Greek rejoices at the disintegration and disintegration of Turkey because for 400 years he lived under the Turkish yoke, the Greek population was expelled from Anatolia in 1922 and 1955 while 36.2% of Cyprus was divided and occupied by the Turkish Army with the Attila operation in 1974. The same is done from the Turkish side, some are happy and hope that Thessaloniki will become Turkish along with half of the Aegean Sea and 2/3 of Crete. This topic of discussion is off-topic and i do not think that the forum administrators would agree to open a topic with such a discussion content in a defense forum.
looks like CHAD Turko took everything and Greeks are seething big time

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,927
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
View attachment 36246
why greeks are like this? @Foulgrim lmao
I don't really think it's said in a happy "YAAAY, Turkey is gonna break apart" manner (Greece has got a fair amount of their own issues coming up that will cause plenty of tears everywhere) more in a "wow, s**t's going down big time in Turkey".

Civil was is a misnomer though. It's like outside observers who thought that several dozen right-wingers and left-wingers throwing punches in Washington DC meant that the Second American Civil War was nigh.

T

Turko

İf now External powers manipulate Turkish economy, it means They made 2002 economic crisis to bring Erdoğan power .

Tayyip Erdoğan signed the biggest devaluation after Tansu Çiller. The monthly depreciation of the Turkish Lira experienced the second highest increase since 1981. The first was April 1994, the second was now before the end of the month. The third was in February 2001. $=12.75 taken, 14.25 will be 1st.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Dont forget the expelled Turkish population from north Greece and rest of balkans, and ofcourse rhe massacred and oppressed Turkish minority in Cyprus until recent history.
Sounds like Greek side was angels from your description...

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,850
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Dont forget the expelled Turkish population from north Greece and rest of balkans, and ofcourse rhe massacred and oppressed Turkish minority in Cyprus until recent history.

2,5 Million Turks have been killed, raped, tortured and burned alive by the Greeks with help of their western buddies in the balkans. But according to our Greek „friends“ they never touched anyone.

Calling Cyprus a occupation shows the hypocrisy of these so called „neighbors“ who can’t accept the widely accepted fact that the Cyprus Greeks with help from the then fascist Greek government (not that the one current is far off from the one then with its policies and love for former golden dawn members) planned and tried to commit a genocide on Cyprus against the Turkish population to „cleanse the island and make it fully Greek to incorporate it into Greece“.

Nah they were angles don’t you know.
We haven’t forgotten though. As much as they want to play the three monkey with their European „friends“.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
110 14,683
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
When talking about Greeks one should also remember that people who were sent to Greece during the post 1920s exchange were not really Greek by descent.
Byzantine was actually Roman. People living in Anatolia who were not Muslim were descendants of the Lydians, Luwians, Cilicians and most importantly Romans and a large population (400000 by 1920) of Kipchak Turks who were brought by Byzantinians as mercenaries from Today’s Southern Ukraine and had accepted Christianity. But could only speak Turkish who were settled in Karaman in Turkey.
In Turkish the non Muslim population were called “Rum”. Meaning Roman. Cypriots we’re predominantly the remnants of Venetians and Crusaders. As Byzantine tried to separate itself from Rome, they adopted Greek as their state language and ceased to speak Latin. It was easier to adapt as the Greek was also widely spoken among the then Anatolian people. So a lot of (~1.5 million) non Greek but Christian and Greek speaking population of Anatolia including the “Karamanli Turks” who could not speak Greek were deported to Greece.
These people were part of this land and it’s culture. It was a wrong move in my opinion. Many of them stayed behind accepting Islam. During the centuries of living together their DNA had been mixed with the DNA of all Anatolian people including Turks. That is why the two nations although separated by religion and language, are close to each other with many aspects of daily life.
I believe in a world where animosities are put aside and problems are resolved between two nations by way of peace benefitting both parties whereby border and trade barriers are lifted. Instead of using Rafales and S400s against each other, we should be defending each other with them. Instead of stirring old hatreds 100 years later, we should be looking in to a peaceful future.
As the English proverb goes ; “ If there is a will there is a way”

Last edited:
T

Turko

Individuals may hate, but states do not. States have to be smart.
Today You even made peace with the United Arab Emirates, which you called the architect of July 15 .

Nowadays partnerships long just a week or a month.

So there is no need to demonize the closest neighbor country.

Last edited by a moderator:

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,850
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Today You even made peace with the United Arab Emirates, which you called the architect of July 15 .

Expecting noise from the other side of the Aegean any hour now after the meeting.

T

Turko

Anyway Greece is not in the today Turkey's agenda:

Look here are the external powers. Are we going to label UAE as external power?

"It has been claimed that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed al Nahyan of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) who is expected to come to Turkey on November 24 to meet with President Erdogan of the AKP, allocated a budget of 10 billion dollars for investments in Turkey."

What a shallow economy do we have? 20 billion USD financial investment could save us. After one year whom we will beg money?
Also remember The UAE won't donate any money.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
I do not deny the fact that there were expulsions of Turks living in the Balkans. Today, between a third and a quarter of Turkey's population of 85 million have ancestry from these Muhacirs(15.000.000-20.000.000). But do not forget that all these populations settled in the Balkans after the victorious wars waged by the Ottoman Empire against the Byzantine Empire and the Empires of Central Europe. With the war, the countries that rightfully owned these lands expelled the Turks from the Balkans. A total of 5,000,000-7,000,000 Turks emigrated from the Balkans during the period 1783-2016, of which 4,000,000 had emigrated by 1924. Of the 5,000,000-7,000,000 Turks, 1,500,000 lived in Bulgaria and 1,200,000 in Greece. If these Turkish populations never lived in the Balkans then there would not be all this uprooting. Also today live in European countries 10,600,000 Turks. The massacres of Turkish Cypriots that took place in Cyprus before Operation Attila by Grivas Digenis 'EOKA B' is a historical mistake that everyone recognizes. Archbishop Makarios had a completely opposite political direction.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,533
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I do not deny the fact that there were expulsions of Turks living in the Balkans. Today, between a third and a quarter of Turkey's population of 85 million have ancestry from these Muhacirs(15.000.000-20.000.000). But do not forget that all these populations settled in the Balkans after the victorious wars waged by the Ottoman Empire against the Byzantine Empire and the Empires of Central Europe. With the war, the countries that rightfully owned these lands expelled the Turks from the Balkans. A total of 5,000,000-7,000,000 Turks emigrated from the Balkans during the period 1783-2016, of which 4,000,000 had emigrated by 1924. Of the 5,000,000-7,000,000 Turks, 1,500,000 lived in Bulgaria and 1,200,000 in Greece. If these Turkish populations never lived in the Balkans then there would not be all this uprooting. Also today live in European countries 10,600,000 Turks. The massacres of Turkish Cypriots that took place in Cyprus before Operation Attila by Grivas Digenis 'EOKA B' is a historical mistake that everyone recognizes. Archbishop Makarios had a completely opposite political direction.
So, as they are not native, it's "rightful" to expel people who was living there hundreds of years.
Greeks were not native in Anatolia and they were just colonizers.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
So, as they are not native, it's "rightful" to expel people who was living there hundreds of years.
lets face it. that is just small part of never ending east west conflict, pick a side.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,951
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Our friend here just proves again how shameless hypocrictes Greeks are when it come to Turks in Greece or Cyprus.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
I never said that the persecution of Turkish populations from the Balkans was well done. But these population rearrangements have taken place and that is no longer changing. Because these expulsions of Turkish populations took place, does it mean that we should applaud the expulsions of Greek populations from Anatolia where they lived there for 2,500 years? The genocide of the Armenians and Greeks of Anatolia is as much a crime as the expulsion of the Turks from the Balkans.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,823
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Here one golden rule of politics. There are no permanent friends or foes.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,823
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I never said that the persecution of Turkish populations from the Balkans was well done. But these population rearrangements have taken place and that is no longer changing. Because these expulsions of Turkish populations took place, does it mean that we should applaud the expulsions of Greek populations from Anatolia where they lived there for 2,500 years? The genocide of the Armenians and Greeks of Anatolia is as much a crime as the expulsion of the Turks from the Balkans.
Spoken like a typical European massmurderer. "We do wrong with jews." - Germany

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Spoken like a typical European massmurderer. "We do wrong with jews." - Germany
That's not what i said! I said that the expulsion of populations is a crime and reprehensible wherever it comes from. Turkey & Greece have used such methods several times in the past. Greece fought in the Balkan Wars with the aim of regaining the territories it had lost for almost 500 years. The Greek population in Macedonia has lived there for over 3,000 years.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
So its their fault that they were living in Balkans for god knows how many generations?
Well by that loginc one can also argue that the Greeks in Anatolia are not native either but descendant of the conolalist Greek empires.
Maybe you shoul define how many year must pass once one becomes native to a land, 70, 700, 7000 years?

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
So its their fault that they were living in Balkans for god knows how many generations?
Well by that loginc one can also argue that the Greeks in Anatolia are not native either but descendant of the conolalist Greek empires.
Maybe you shoul define how many year must pass once one becomes native to a land, 70, 700, 7000 years?
Check my comments a little better. I mentioned that the expulsion of Turkish populations from the Balkans and Greek populations from Anatolia is criminal and reprehensible. I think what i am saying is clear! A local is considered to be someone who lives in a place and comes from it genealogically, that is, his parents and grandparents lived there. It is not considered local only a people who live in an area for 700 or 1,700 years. Nor did i support such views.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom