Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,698
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
And some people on Twitter supports this move. They say ‘‘Why should we sacrifice our relation for one person ?’’ Really ?
It hurts and truly infuriating but I guess nothing you can do about it

When a nation as mighty as the US decided to throw the Kashoggi case into the dustbin, even though he had the american green card and was a journalist, dont expect little Turkey to protect Kashoggi's rights when TSK soldiers are dying on the front line and the US doesnt give a single shit! Turks arent slaves to the US for gods sake; I keep reading reports from US news channels about how bad Mr.Dictator Erdogan is and they completely forgot that the mighty leader of the country of freedom, Mr. Biden and Mr.Trump threw the case even before Erdogan

Either way, the main reason for the reconcilliation is to prevent Greece from gaining way too many allies; it reached to a point where the Saudis and Greeks were about to exchange their F15s and Patriots respectively! This shouldnt be allowed until Turkey finds stop gap fighters

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
10 4,934
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
It hurts and truly infuriating but I guess nothing you can do about it

When a nation as mighty as the US decided to throw the Kashoggi case into the dustbin, even though he had the american green card and was a journalist, dont expect little Turkey to protect Kashoggi's rights when TSK soldiers are dying on the front line and the US doesnt give a single shit! Turks arent slaves to the US for gods sake; I keep reading reports from US news channels about how bad Mr.Dictator Erdogan is and they completely forgot that the mighty leader of the country of freedom, Mr. Biden and Mr.Trump threw the case even before Erdogan

Either way, the main reason for the reconcilliation is to prevent Greece from gaining way too many allies; it reached to a point where the Saudis and Greeks were about to exchange their F15s and Patriots respectively! This shouldnt be allowed until Turkey finds stop gap fighters
Do you also have an opinion about the music/song they played? The Saudi troll pages are laughing their ass off.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,698
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Do you also have an opinion about the music/song they played? The Saudi troll pages are laughing their ass off.
Why not! The Saudis proved to the whole world that they won. A fact that all of us should admit

The Saudis proved to the whole world that as long as I have oil and gas, I will just keep arming your enemies if you kept being against me!
That is what the Saudis ahve done when they courted the Russians in response to Biden's strong words pre-election and courted the Greeks when Erdogan said that having a journalist killed in our lands is an insult

But at the end money rules and I still believe Erdo did the right thing by making peace with them since Greeks were just getting way too full of themselves.

To Turkey, its priority is protecting its EEZ claims and Erdo's plans depended on rallying Western support to control the Saudis using Kashoggi but I hope this was a lesson to Erdogan that the West is the worst nation when it comes to True democracy. The democarcy card is only played when the West is winning something and not for the case of protecting human rights

And this👇

Why should Turkey keep fighting for a US journalist when TSK soldiers are being butchered and the US doesnt even give a rats ass about it. I would have understood if the USA kept its position but they even backtracked way before Erdo did; I wonder who is more democratic now, shameful how the world became tbh

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,916
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Why not! The Saudis proved to the whole world that they won. A fact that all of us should admit

The Saudis proved to the whole world that as long as I have oil and gas, I will just keep arming your enemies if you kept being against me!
That is what the Saudis ahve done when they courted the Russians in response to Biden's strong words pre-election and courted the Greeks when Erdogan said that having a journalist killed in our lands is an insult

But at the end money rules and I still believe Erdo did the right thing by making peace with them since Greeks were just getting way too full of themselves.

To Turkey, its priority is protecting its EEZ claims and Erdo's plans depended on rallying Western support to control the Saudis using Kashoggi but I hope this was a lesson to Erdogan that the West is the worst nation when it comes to True democracy. The democarcy card is only played when the West is winning something and not for the case of protecting human rights

And this👇

Why should Turkey keep fighting for a US journalist when TSK soldiers are being butchered and the US doesnt even give a rats ass about it. I would have understood if the USA kept its position but they even backtracked way before Erdo did; I wonder who is more democratic now, shameful how the world became tbh
Greece is an irrelevant distraction as has been pointed out before. And Saudis don't control shit when Israel has the final say on who does and doesn't get the latest US tech. Also worth noting that the Saudi "embargo" was mostly on-paper only. Many Saudi businesses continued trade with Turkey despite it.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
If the Gulf Arabs who we see as beneath us.

Able to outsmart us and embarass shows me once again how racial superiority is bullshit.

Ottomans usually able to keep the Gulf Arabs in check with their military boots while todays Republic of Turkiye is getting embarassed by Gulf Arabs shows how far we have fallen.

Im waiting for the damage control by Erdogan supporters.

Once again how money runs the show. All that bs of principles is a facade once money comes into play.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
But but they have oil.

Yeah they have oil and drive in fcking Ferraris while Turks are living with fcking inflation and a economic crisis in a decade.

At the end of the day the people of Turkiye as if are made to suffer.

I think a boiling point is going to happen in the heartlands of Anatolia.

None of the cards will work on the Turkish people that Erdogan played so many times.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Lets not forget how he buckled against Russia when we shot down their Jet.

33 Turkish soldiers were killed. Erdogan would have covered it up if he had the chance.

But the attack was so big and thanks to the internet it cant be hidden. Erdogan could not do any save face because this would have brought down his presidency if he done nothing.

Lets not forget Russia once killed 3 Turkish soldiers when we were fighting Isis in Al Bab while the Russians said it was an "accident".

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,916
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
But but they have oil.

Yeah they have oil and drive in fcking Ferraris while Turks are living with fcking inflation and a economic crisis in a decade.

At the end of the day the people of Turkiye as if are made to suffer.

I think a boiling point is going to happen in the heartlands of Anatolia.

None of the cards will work on the Turkish people that Erdogan played so many times.
One thing I appreciate about Gulf Arabs is that they don't really hoard their wealth. They've got f**k you levels of money and they spread it around enough that even the average citizens can live a fairly comfortable upper middle-class life. Turkey does not have that, neither does Azerbaijan or many other Turkic nations. The governments there feel comfortable just taking all of it for themselves and their friends.

Turkey is a (flawed) democracy and Saudi Arabia is a theocracy yet it seems to me that the citizens of the latter live far better than that of the former.

It's a flaw in Turkic people that we are far too passive towards rulers when we should make them terrified for their lives of being so brazen. Something like the 2nd amendment would work wonders in Turkey, no AKP member would dare show their face in public knowing that they could get domed by a .556 at any moment.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,698
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
One thing I appreciate about Gulf Arabs is that they don't really hoard their wealth. They've got f**k you levels of money and they spread it around enough that even the average citizens can live a fairly comfortable upper middle-class life. Turkey does not have that, neither does Azerbaijan or many other Turkic nations. The governments there feel comfortable just taking all of it for themselves and their friends.

Turkey is a (flawed) democracy and Saudi Arabia is a theocracy yet it seems to me that the citizens of the latter live far better than that of the former.

It's a flaw in Turkic people that we are far too passive towards rulers when we should make them terrified for their lives of being so brazen. Something like the 2nd amendment would work wonders in Turkey, no AKP member would dare show their face in public knowing that they could get domed by a .556 at any moment.
Hahahahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Man, you are funny, truly funny!

First of all, you cant compare Turkey to KSA and other gulf monarchs. You have a problem with Turks living poorer than Saudis? Hell man! The average Saudis are living a better life than the average koreans, japanese, american, or European citizen!

It seems to me that you just dont realise HOW MUCH MONEY Saudi Arabia makes from oil sales mate! The answer is a fqing loooot!

First of all, for each barrel of oil sold, around 20-30% goes to the Royal family coffers. Just get a calculator and check how many barrels are being sold per day! The Royal family hoards a lot of money and still has a lot of money to throw around at other nations as if it was toilet paper. A proof of that is the monthly trade balance of Saudi Arabia; they make a surplus of 80 billion dollars per month and this is a nation which literally imports nearly all of their food, clothing, appliances, and other aspects of living. The only thing Saudi Arabia is manufacturing locally is probably water and dates. While Turkey has a domestic food and manufacturing industry and yet records a negative balance of trade by about 6 billion per month thanks to gas

when i went to the USA 3 years ago, I met a Saudi national and talked about his country; he said the average Saudi can make around 8-15k riyals per month and in some occupations may even reach to 35k! And with the massive current account surplus, an exchange rate of 1 US= 3.5 Riyals, everything will be piss cheap to the Saudis. An average Saudi can buy a high brand japanese car if he saved for 2-3 months only
And this is with a country of only 20-30 million ppl

if there is something to learn from Saudi Arabia, it is that having oil and gas will make you filthy rich both economically, politically, and internationally as well

it isnt about democracy or theocracy, it is about money and again money! Democracy allows improvement which Turkey is Going through. On the other hand, Saudi Arabia has nothing other than shit toons of lucrative oil and gas

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,698
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Lets not forget how he buckled against Russia when we shot down their Jet.

33 Turkish soldiers were killed. Erdogan would have covered it up if he had the chance.

But the attack was so big and thanks to the internet it cant be hidden. Erdogan could not do any save face because this would have brought down his presidency if he done nothing.

Lets not forget Russia once killed 3 Turkish soldiers when we were fighting Isis in Al Bab while the Russians said it was an "accident".
Saudis scored themselves a diplomatic victory while Erdogan embarassed the country.

Erdogan shows us again how his a paper tiger who buckles under pressure.
These 2 events highlight the two chronic problems Turkey faces ever since its founding; A weak military and a dependent economy on foreign gas

It isnt the AKP's fault only; it is the fault of each leader which have ruled Turkey till this day! Erdo is just paying the price for his former (2000-2010) inaction and his predecessors inaction!

When the Russian killed TSK soldiers, what did you want Turkey to do? To wage war on Russia? Will Turkey which has no indigenous jets, cruise missiles or effective drones at the time really win against a nations whixh has all of those? Will the US and NATO support Turkey against Russia when they threw Turkey away when they downed the Russian jet? It is all about hard power!! Turkey is weak compared to the monoliths like Russia and USA; however, Turkey needed to act against the YPG sinc3 they got way too emboldened after the Syrian civil war and presence of US troops in the region

The same with Saudi Arabia! Thx to the shit tons of money they have, they started arming both the enemies of USA and Turkey in relation to Kashoggi killing! The saudis even reached to a point of wanting to switch to Russian weapons as an act of defiance against USA. The US didnt want to lose its primary milking cow ($$$$) and give a source of funding to its enemies and thus they threw kashoggi case into the dustbin. The same with Turkey, the Saudis even reached to a point of supplying F15s to Greece on an exchange/lease program. Erdo did the right thing to cut that source of funding as Turkey's primary concern isnt a US/Saudi Journalist but its EEZ which is being stolen by Greece rn

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,698
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Greece is an irrelevant distraction as has been pointed out before. And Saudis don't control shit when Israel has the final say on who does and doesn't get the latest US tech. Also worth noting that the Saudi "embargo" was mostly on-paper only. Many Saudi businesses continued trade with Turkey despite it.
Not really
The weapons provided to KSA are generally inferior to Israel and KSA wasnt going to give such planes (F15s) to Iran but to its long time allies the Greeks to ensure air superiority against the Turks (which was even initially approved by the US). This was a mkve done by Israel to balance the region as it doesnt want either Greece of Turkey to get the Med East gas or Israel will lose its primary energy market in the EU which had just started to take shape. When Turkey becomes too strong, they will either weaken it by (snatching away their weapons like lobbying against the F35s) or strengthening their enemies and the same will be applied to Greece if it become too strong. The Israeli froeign policy is well-known and effective till this date.

And while I do agree that Greece may seem irrelevant, I would like to say that no matter how small a "tumour" is, it is at the end of the day a tumour that can metastasize and kill you. When the lovely Turks followed such a mentality, they were surprised to find out that Greece plotted a coup in Cyprus to join it with the mainland and have a bigger excuse for its EEZ claims; sadly, the Greeks are learning from theri mistakes and are improvising while you Turks are still stuck within the same broken belief system

War completely changed from then and the nation that doesnt have the advanced weaponaries are always deemed to lose and the best way to ensure so is to cut any possible funding to ensure no sort of "foundation" would be built in Greece

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

This has been going on for centuries.

Problem with Turkic rulers they never spread their wealth to their citizens and even employed non Turks to the top positions.

When the Ottoman Empire collapsed guess who had all the top positions it was the Greeks, Armenians and Jews. Ataturk actually tried to rectify the problem but his successors have not done a good job either.

Turkic peoples we just prefer suffering in poverty while our rulers dont give a shit.

What makes it worse we even use religion to justify it. Who said Islam or even Tengrism allows its own people to suffer from poverty? I dont want hear any religious scholar or even Imam telling me to accept it when they drive a BMW or a merc!!

Gulf Arabs despite all that oil live a nice life really. Life is a
short they get to enjoy the resources they have while in the political arena it buys them lots of influence. Look at this the Gulf Arabs are so rich they are buying land in Turkiye itself.

Us Turks will never spread the wealth. We never learn and never will. After Erdogan is gone we will continue the same way. Next government will bring their own people in and give their family members jobs and money.

While outsourcing to other countries.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,514
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sure,if we were a country without enemies just waiting to make a move at the first sign of weakness from our side.
What can we do against Greece in such a case(NATO article 5)?
And if Russia makes a move,who is coming to help?
Is our country totally independent on weapons(engines etc)?
What if they refuse to supply what we need(already weapon embargos from allies)?
Still want to be non aligned?

Even in Nato they are still embargoing us while taking our F35s away.

Greece can only fight a defensive war
among other things the day we left NATO will be declared national holiday both in Greece & Greek side of Cyprus. I am not writing this because I am in love with NATO. Prudence is the key!

Last edited:

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,916
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Hahahahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Man, you are funny, truly funny!

First of all, you cant compare Turkey to KSA and other gulf monarchs. You have a problem with Turks living poorer than Saudis? Hell man! The average Saudis are living a better life than the average koreans, japanese, american, or European citizen!

It seems to me that you just dont realise HOW MUCH MONEY Saudi Arabia makes from oil sales mate! The answer is a fqing loooot!

First of all, for each barrel of oil sold, around 20-30% goes to the Royal family coffers. Just get a calculator and check how many barrels are being sold per day! The Royal family hoards a lot of money and still has a lot of money to throw around at other nations as if it was toilet paper. A proof of that is the monthly trade balance of Saudi Arabia; they make a surplus of 80 billion dollars per month and this is a nation which literally imports nearly all of their food, clothing, appliances, and other aspects of living. The only thing Saudi Arabia is manufacturing locally is probably water and dates. While Turkey has a domestic food and manufacturing industry and yet records a negative balance of trade by about 6 billion per month thanks to gas

when i went to the USA 3 years ago, I met a Saudi national and talked about his country; he said the average Saudi can make around 8-15k riyals per month and in some occupations may even reach to 35k! And with the massive current account surplus, an exchange rate of 1 US= 3.5 Riyals, everything will be piss cheap to the Saudis. An average Saudi can buy a high brand japanese car if he saved for 2-3 months only
And this is with a country of only 20-30 million ppl

if there is something to learn from Saudi Arabia, it is that having oil and gas will make you filthy rich both economically, politically, and internationally as well

it isnt about democracy or theocracy, it is about money and again money! Democracy allows improvement which Turkey is Going through. On the other hand, Saudi Arabia has nothing other than shit toons of lucrative oil and gas
Not nearly as funny as you are.

I am well aware of how much money Saudi Arabia makes from oil sales. And my point was that they still don't hoard it away in corruption as much as, for example, Turkey does. The Saudi royal family is extremely open about the fact that they are taking up to 1/3 of the proceeds and yet there is still enough for the rest of their citizens to live extremely comfortable lives. If Turkey had the same levels of natural resources that everyone wanted, AKP and their buddies would take up to 50% and put it into various embezzlement schemes while claiming they are only taking 10% and Turkish people would simply take it up the ass because Turkic culture has not developed the same revolutionary spirit to fight back against parasites from within that they do when fighting against hostile forces on the outside.

This is NOT good. When even a theocratic hellhole is more generous towards its citizens (not talking about foreigners - Gulf states are notorious for exploiting foreigners for slave labor) than most Turkic states, that throws up questions - see Turkmenistan, for example.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,916
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Not really
The weapons provided to KSA are generally inferior to Israel and KSA wasnt going to give such planes (F15s) to Iran but to its long time allies the Greeks to ensure air superiority against the Turks (which was even initially approved by the US). This was a mkve done by Israel to balance the region as it doesnt want either Greece of Turkey to get the Med East gas or Israel will lose its primary energy market in the EU which had just started to take shape. When Turkey becomes too strong, they will either weaken it by (snatching away their weapons like lobbying against the F35s) or strengthening their enemies and the same will be applied to Greece if it become too strong. The Israeli froeign policy is well-known and effective till this date.

And while I do agree that Greece may seem irrelevant, I would like to say that no matter how small a "tumour" is, it is at the end of the day a tumour that can metastasize and kill you. When the lovely Turks followed such a mentality, they were surprised to find out that Greece plotted a coup in Cyprus to join it with the mainland and have a bigger excuse for its EEZ claims; sadly, the Greeks are learning from theri mistakes and are improvising while you Turks are still stuck within the same broken belief system

War completely changed from then and the nation that doesnt have the advanced weaponaries are always deemed to lose and the best way to ensure so is to cut any possible funding to ensure no sort of "foundation" would be built in Greece
If you think a handful of F-15s could provide air superiority for Greece against Turkey, you need a reality check pal.

Turkey was not surprised in the slightest over Cyprus. It was a problem that was talked about all the way back in the early 1950s and the only reason Turkey didn't intervene earlier was because they spent a decade begging the UK and the US to do something. The UK more or less caused the problem to get worse so they washed their hands of it and fucked off while the US government tried to pretend the problem didn't exist. Comparing it to the current dispute over the EEZ is dumb.

Your logic here is not making sense.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,698
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

I am well aware of how much money Saudi Arabia makes from oil sales. And my point was that they still don't hoard it away in corruption as much as, for example, Turkey does. The Saudi royal family is extremely open about the fact that they are taking up to 1/3 of the proceeds and yet there is still enough for the rest of their citizens to live extremely comfortable lives. If Turkey had the same levels of natural resources that everyone wanted, AKP and their buddies would take up to 50% and put it into various embezzlement schemes while claiming they are only taking 10% and Turkish people would simply take it up the ass because Turkic culture has not developed the same revolutionary spirit to fight back against parasites from within that they do when fighting against hostile forces on the outside.

This is NOT good. When even a theocratic hellhole is more generous towards its citizens (not talking about foreigners - Gulf states are notorious for exploiting foreigners for slave labor) than most Turkic states, that throws up questions - see Turkmenistan, for example.
Are you seriously saying that or are you trying to make a joke here?
This is insanity!

Let me tell you something that you dont know
In the Saudi law whixh is made by the scholars/advisers close to the king, the ppl feed the king and the royal family. In other words, ever since a member of the royal family is born, he doesnt have to worry about something called "expenses". Whatever he/she wishes for is done by the state no matter the cost as they are providing a "service" of "ruling" the nation. Yet even when they take such massive amounts from the national budget to live in castles, yachts, and masnions abroad etc from the ppl's taxes; they are still entitled to 20-30% of the profits of each barrel of oil sold. And the royal family is around 5000 only ffs! This isnt hoarding? This is outright stealing

In case you didnt understand, let me explain it in simple terms! Suppose that Iam royalty and you are one of the 10 plebians who lives within my territory; my territory's main revenue is oil and I earn around a 100$ per day from it. This 100 dollars will be divided into 30$ for me alone and 70$ for you and the other 9 plebians. Moreover, Iam entitled as the monarch for all my extravagant living expenses to be paid from the 70$ shared between the 10 plebians while my 30$ remains untouched and preserved.

Now imagine this scenario in a large scale where 5000 royal family members are leaching of the 70% portion of the yearly national budget that is supposed to be distributed to 30 million ppl while the 30% preserved from the royal family remains untouched

This is outright stealing and hoarding ffs! The only reason the ppl arent making a fuss is that even after stealing all this, there is still way too much money to be distributed around the 30 million ppl

and that is why it seems that you just dont understand the plethora of money that Saudi Arabia makes for gods sake. The money they make is sooooo much that even after stealing amd wasting money, there is still a lot to spare for the general populace

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,698
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

And this isnt about the AKP or the CHP in particular for gods sake

Iam saying that the average Saudi has a better standard of life than even European themselves and those within the top 10 economies. If we go by your theory, then the reason that Saudis are living better isnt only because AKP is embezzeling money from Turkey, but because liberals and republicans are embezzeling money from USA, and the political parties within UK are embezzeling money as well ever wince their nation's founding! If that is the case, then how do we know the appropriate standard for what a "democracy" should be?

It is all about excessive oil revenues and a small population that makes it easy to steal while having a decent standard of living for your people. There is a reason why oil is considered a black gold for a reason

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom