Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am amazed how detached from reality most posters in here are.Absolutely NO ONE in Europe looks to Turkey as their protector from Russia. Nor will Russia invade and annex the 3 Baltic countries.

You heard it here first.

I recommend that you educate yourself a little bit about history. It is no coincidence that a Muslim country has been in NATO since 1951. I would also like to remind you that a part of Ukraine is under Russian occupation. If you are talking about France, Germany or England when you say Europe, you are right. It is impossible for the Baltic countries to protect their country with 3-5 million soldiers. When you wake up one morning, you can see Russian soldiers having breakfast in your kitchen. Russia has this power.. Why do you think Ukraine, which is not even a NATO member visited Turkey?

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
I recommend that you educate yourself a little bit about history. It is no coincidence that a Muslim country has been in NATO since 1951. I would also like to remind you that a part of Ukraine is under Russian occupation. If you are talking about France, Germany or England when you say Europe, you are right. It is impossible for the Baltic countries to protect their country with 3-5 million soldiers. When you wake up one morning, you can see Russian soldiers having breakfast in your kitchen. Russia has this power..

Everyone looks for security guarantees from the US and other Western Powers.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Everyone looks for security guarantees from the US and other Western Powers.

Do you have any idea where the United States are? If you do not have an idea, I continue to recommend you to improve yourself in geography too. There are 2 or 3 countries in Europe and the EU that are self sufficient in every issues. Why do you think Ukraine, which is not even a NATO member visited Turkey?

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,951
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am amazed how detached from reality most posters in here are.Absolutely NO ONE in Europe looks to Turkey as their protector from Russia. Nor will Russia invade and annex the 3 Baltic countries.

You heard it here first.
It was NATO who published it they also ackowledged that the Baltics will fall within 36-60 hours after a fullscale invasion, that means within few days Russia is inside Poland.

If you push Russia into the corner they will react maybe not now but tomorrow. Or do you think Georgia and Ukraine are just some random incidents?

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey may be in a political crisis and this opinion is acceptable. But no matter what, Turkey is an important military power in the world, region and especially in the NATO

BHcVAkjRoss6LZdQ2lFmNwdYT84-57Q0bqu3LnB5TgA.png

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey

You heard it here first.
You heard it from spokesperson of Europe guys.

Do you have any idea where the United States are? If you do not have an idea, I continue to recommend you to improve yourself in geography too. There are 2 or 3 countries in Europe and the EU that are self sufficient in every issues. Why do you think Ukraine, which is not even a NATO member visited Turkey?
The only reason Romania has warm relations to Turkey is the mutual hostility towards Russia, quite ironic isnt it?

Turkey may be in a political crisis and this opinion is acceptable. But no matter what, Turkey is an important military power in the world, region and especially in the NATO

BHcVAkjRoss6LZdQ2lFmNwdYT84-57Q0bqu3LnB5TgA.png
Only delusional people would deny this fact, espacially after recent years over-seas operations.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
You heard it from spokesperson of Europe guys.
Sry but I find it hilarious how people go around saying they won't do things that no one actually asked them to do in the first place. Nevermind the ridiculous "Russia will annex the Baltics",rhetoric..
Even if the Russian danger was real and Turkey an asset, recognition of the Armenian genocide is a separate thing.The only mistake Western/European countries did was to kowtow to blackmail and not recognise the genocide 50 years ago.I personally don't even see how this recognition harms the modern Republic of Turkey.
Still, just the fact that recognitions come now should tell people that Turkey isn't regarded as an asset anymore.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania

US presence is a deterence. Even if you have 100 American soldiers stationed in your country, it's not them you fear but the flag behind them.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
US presence is a deterence. Even if you have 100 American soldiers stationed in your country, it's not them you fear but the flag behind them.

So why are you buying billions of dollars worth of wepons? Hire 10 american soldiers.. I guess countries are stupid :)

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
So why are you buying billions of dollars worth of wepons? Hire 10 american soldiers.. I guess countries are stupid :)
Help yourself first as much as you can.
Seriously? It's not about hiring a mercenary wich happens to have US citizenship but having security guarantees from the US.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sry but I find it hilarious how people go around saying they won't do things that no one actually asked them to do in the first place. Nevermind the ridiculous "Russia will annex the Baltics",rhetoric..
Even if the Russian danger was real and Turkey an asset, recognition of the Armenian genocide is a separate thing.The only mistake Western/European countries did was to kowtow to blackmail and not recognise the genocide 50 years ago.I personally don't even see how this recognition harms the modern Republic of Turkey.
Still, just the fact that recognitions come now should tell people that Turkey isn't regarded as an asset anymore.
Turkey was never regarded an asset nor an ally by the west, more like a country to keep in check because of fears coming from history.
Well, times are changing and Turkey is having a proactive FP (even if its not good always). The more its gets independent in Military tech the more it will be proactive, Europe can either choose to keep an ally or make another uncontrollable enemy and go back to 16th century, the ball is in your court.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
Turkey was never regarded an asset nor an ally by the west, more like a country to keep in check because of fears coming from history.
Well, times are changing and Turkey is having a proactive FP (even if its not good always). The more its gets independent in Military tech the more it will be proactive, Europe can either choose to keep an ally or make another uncontrollable enemy and go back to 16th century, the ball is in your court.
It depends on what you define Europe's choices to keep Turkey as an ally.
Western Europe always had a love/hate relationship with Turkey, protecting it in the 19th century, dismantling it in the 20th ( you might think it was personal, it was not, Austro-Hungaria was dismantled to and Germany lost its colonial empire).
At a personal level,I am very much pro having Turkey as an ally and a partner but not at any cost .

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,957
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Western Europe always had a love/hate relationship with Turkey, protecting it in the 19th century, dismantling it in the 20th ( you might think it was personal, it was not, Austro-Hungaria was dismantled to and Germany lost its colonial empire).
At a personal level,I am very much pro having Turkey as an ally and a partner but not at any cost .

Ottoman Empire, Austro-Hungarian Empire and the German Empire collapsing were a catastrophy.

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania
Ottoman Empire, Austro-Hungarian Empire and the German Empire collapsing were a catastrophy.
It was actually natural, especially as the Ottomans and AH empires were just prisons of nations, not viable for the modern world.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sounds like the Problem lies only with Turkey, its is a fact that Europe has been treating Turkey unfairly since the beginning of the alliance, whats happening today is also a result of these European policies towards Turkey in the past.
Lets just say that Turkey decided not to take any chances anymore, i know its frustrating for Europe but you had it coming.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,850
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Russia will never invade Georgia and annex parts of it,
Russia will never invade Ukraine and annex parts of it,
Russia will never assist Assad and win,
Russia will never stay permanently in Syria they don't have the economy to support such an endeavour(Around this time the US tried acting as if they weren't supporting the Rebels to overthrow Assad and tried to paint their presence in Syria as an Anti-terror fight against the organization their own incompetence created in the first place),
Russia will never enter the Sahara region or Central-Africa, don't have the reach and economy for it.
Russia will never keep Belarus in its influence sphere(Couple months ago when europeans had their new delusions that they were gonna overthrow the pro-russia president with their eu-funded protests ) ,
Belarus will never become a russian puppet state <-- We are here

But we are delusional guys, not the people who have been stuttering the same shit on repeat for every conflict theater Russia has humiliated them in over the last decade. I'm sure the Baltics will be different, this time we won't let the russians get away! Its not like the US has abandoned Ukraine again just one month ago. Not at all.

I'm sure Putin won't invade and annex parts of a country and region that has significant Russian populations in it. Which Russia has been arguing now for years are being oppressed.

No no, not like Russia did it twice already. Oh wait....

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,957
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Europeans constantly lecture us about how we are letting Ataturk down.

Sorry but we dont need non Turks telling us about who Ataturk is and his legacy.

His legacy is simple dont be a bitch.

They want a Turkey that is a bitch to everybody that contradicts Ataturk's independance legacy.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom