TR Politics

S

Sinan

Everything is relative, success is relative thing.
You need to look around to see what the success of the government is.
Turkey is one of the least indebted countries. Both the government and the people.
Giant economies are faltering with the virus and the world is entering a new are. No one other than the Ak parti government can take Turkey through these times in one piece.
Your post is assumptions and commenting. I gave real numbers and facts. Like i said before. You can even Turkey has greater Economy than the world and gave a reasoning for it.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The details you are giving are meaningless, they are not even verifiable and they portray only one side of the situation. We may not be as rich as the rich economies but we don't have debt either. An American can not survive jobless for more than a couple months because of debt situation while we can survive years. The best selling product in the US nowadays is an assault rifle for self protection / or a pistol as a minimum. There is something called the purchasing power parity. Income calculated on this bases shows how people are faring and we are more then $27.000 with that calculation. I can't understand some of your words.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
When you step on toes of big players, you get this kind of backleash. Turkey should "dedolarise" economy as much as it could in order to abosrb tnis kind of speculative effects..
As long asyou expand ypu techonolgy base and production capabilities, you will be more then fine.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
The details you are giving are meaningless, they are not even verifiable and they portray only one side of the situation. We may not be as rich as the rich economies but we don't have debt either. An American can not survive jobless for more than a couple months because of debt situation while we can survive years. The best selling product in the US nowadays is an assault rifle for self protection / or a pistol as a minimum. There is something called the purchasing power parity. Income calculated on this bases shows how people are faring and we are more then $27.000 with that calculation. I can't understand some of your words.
Source for that claim ?

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

If PPP is so high, I do not understand why Public workers would take bribes... I doubt they're living a life full of lavish...

Unless of course, they have more than one creditline (having withdraw credit from more than one bank).

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

If PPP is so high, I do not understand why Public workers would take bribes... I doubt they're living a life full of lavish...

Unless of course, they have more than one creditline (having withdraw credit from more than one bank).
An ordinary citizen working in an average paying industry should get along alright. But there are gang members who have been paying and probably are still paying gratuities to their hidden masters need more money then that will be enough for themselves alone. This is in addition to those who are simply greedy.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I saw his reactions on pdf as well and I too am surprised he is here. He should be banned immediately, he provides nothing but trash wherever he goes.
I wouldn't call the graph he provided "trash", I would call it gold. And if you are calling gold as trash you have got a problem.

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 588
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wouldn't call the graph he provided "trash", I would call it gold. And if you are calling gold as trash you have got a problem.

nah, we were talking about yourturkishmaster, he posted but then an admin deleted it.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
People always throw around numbers and terms claiming those are the truth, but I'd appreciate it if ppl would take the time to explain every step for better understanding.

It's in danish. BNP stands for GDP.

GDP givers an overall on a country's collective productivity as shown in squares. btw Denmark is on a 35th place while Turkey is doing much better (16th spot).

But the problem with GDP is you need to adjust it to the cost of living (PPP), which again adjusts the graph, and Turkey gets a 13th place. (billion danish crown / USD exc. rate 6,8, which gives 2.296 billion USD)

1601014143458.png

But none of the above says anything about how much money each person has in their pockets. As total population has an impact on the numbers above. So you need to adjust for the average income per person, 2.296/84 = 27,3k roughly the same number as Zafer gave. (btw it's 55k in Denmark).

However even though this method is being used extensively globally it's not the perfect tool for measuring wealth. Because it doesn't take into consideration Welfare. Work-Life-Balance, economic inequality, life expectency and such, but these are not measurable categories.

For instance I work 37 hours a work, no more, no less, roughly 160 hours a month which would leave me with 55k/160 = 3437 USD in my pocket.

I have free doctor, education, hospital and other things I don't need at the moment through the welfare. So I have to pay mortgage, gas, water, electricity, subscriptions. that would leave me roughly 2000 usd for food expenses and other stuff.

A bank employee in Turkey works 10-12 hours a day (+2 hours overtime gives 12 hours and they have to work overtime often). And for less salary, but renting in Turkey is expensive.

So when ppl throw around GDP and PPP I start wondering do they ever do the math, and what are the criterias ?

Do the math, and stop pulling up non existing excuses like "hidden masters".

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do the math, and stop pulling up non existing excuses like "hidden masters".
Obviously you are at least half an outsider and you are unaware of the realities of Turkey. Hidden masters refers to fetö members paying "himmet" to their big brothers who put them in undeserved positions that they are in. Paying back their gratuities which leaves them with less money than they actually make therefore forcing them to collect unearned money in bribes to feed their network. Similar working going on other sides like HDP where workers feed their hidden masters with gratuities. If people were left on their own there wouldn't be any need to resort to unethical means to collect money. Bribery is high with the newly elected "millet ittifakı" side as they have to feed their supporters on the HDP side as well. You can pretty much get anything done with those local municipalities with some extra cash.

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 588
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well, it seems like akp is gonna win 2023 if things are going like this.

I swear AKP biggest helpers to winning the election are always the CHP.

Also having people like this in the party.

Last edited:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Davutoglu asking what the price of selling out East Turkestan was.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom