what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,004
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kinda pissed me off that General Electric is partly owning TEI and harvesting the fruits and profits while contributing little. That's why I think that TR Motor if done right and 100% Turkish owned is a good step for the future and TEI as a subcontractor a good thing.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
105 14,568
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kinda pissed me off that General Electric is partly owning TEI and harvesting the fruits and profits while contributing little. That's why I think that TR Motor if done right and 100% Turkish owned is a good step for the future and TEI as a subcontractor a good thing.
If you listen to Mahmut Aksit, you will understand that GE has made TEI, what it is today. All the machinery they brought over and know how of turbine engine building TEI has accumulated has GE written under it.
We are reaping the benefits of what GE has given us.
We still need them going forward. It will help us keep one foot in with the latest developments of turbine engines.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Aselsan Naval electric propulsion
IMG-20210302-WA0002.jpg

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A detailed national engine roadway will be revealed soon. I believe the official roadway will include the plans for marine engines as well. A strategic milestone will be passed if we can develop these engines succesfully.

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope so. Its 2021 and a very big scandal that Turkey - a nation with a heavy industrial infrastructure since 1940 - has not developed a domestic engine. What did our governments and scientists do al those years? Building statues and drinking raki.

First, create a engine. Than, talk about spacemissions.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,084
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A detailed national engine roadway will be revealed soon. I believe the official roadway will include the plans for marine engines as well. A strategic milestone will be passed if we can develop these engines succesfully.
l have seen the 919 products to support list but l see that they are missing aviation grade electric motors that can be used for commercial flying cars. They barely touched it in a broad range of electric motors.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,084
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Oh please, we don't say "if" in Turkey anymore we say "when" instead.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,084
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is this news in Turkish saying that engines that are to be used in oil and gas pipelines have been developed.
"Petrol ve gaz boru hatlarında kullanılan motorların yerlileri geliştirildi."

Can anyone shed more light on this?
As far as I know these kind of engines are turbines.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
57 28,561
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

TEİ General Manager Mahmut Akşit: At the end of 2013, R&D personnel were less than 100 people. Currently, R&D and URGE personnel have exceeded 900 people.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I Think I have found something again.
Interview with Yakup Evirgen from March 13th 2021.

His Occupation: Ministry of National Defense Military Factories general manager assistant.

At the End He talks about recent achievements and mentions the following: " TEI is producing the Engines for TB2A from Baykar Makina."

I have linked the Video. Around 1.45.08

Considering the Announcements of Engines by TEI in the Recent years the only realistic choice would be the TEI PG115.

TEI PG115:

1615928176496.png

Statement from TEI CEO Mehmet AKSIT dated 11.12.2020:

"TEI General Manager Mahmut Aksit said that PG115 has left 30 thousand hours of flight time behind as of December 2020."

E

ekemenirtu

I Think I have found something again.
Interview with Yakup Evirgen from March 13th 2021.

His Occupation: Ministry of National Defense Military Factories general manager assistant.

At the End He talks about recent achievements and mentions the following: " TEI is producing the Engines for TB2A from Baykar Makina."

I have linked the Video. Around 1.45.08

Considering the Announcements of Engines by TEI in the Recent years the only realistic choice would be the TEI PG115.

TEI PG115:

View attachment 16139

Statement from TEI CEO Mehmet AKSIT dated 11.12.2020:

"TEI General Manager Mahmut Aksit said that PG115 has left 30 thousand hours of flight time behind as of December 2020."

Amazing progress.

Accumulating flight hours is important. It is irrelevant if some turbopropeller engine was derived from another land vehicle engine, or otherwise. What matters is they have been indigenized and improved upon. With a strong foundation, our Turkish brothers are well on their way to achieving what was once only a dream.

Like him, or hate him, it is only under Reis Erdogan that such tremendous progress in the defence industry has been witnessed, irrespective of how it has happened, or how some projects could not always satisfy all citizens.

If I may say so, the territory of the Republic of Turkey is too small for the ambitions of the Turkish nation and for the ambitions of President Erdogan. He maybe destined for something bigger.

Top Bottom