Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

-100000rpm operating test of a 200 N jet engine, all locally produced by Devrezli machine. Electronic control unit made by us.-

:love: Everywhere in Turkey small startups get inspired by turbine engines...
Very dangerous testing environment for a prototype.. I am glad to see that they are not harmed. It is not about doing / making / building.. it should be stable and reliable. Which is why it takes years to mature it.

E

Elaser

Very dangerous testing environment for a prototype.. I am glad to see that they are not harmed. It is not about doing / making / building.. it should be stable and reliable. Which is why it takes years to mature it.
Yes no fire extinguisher or protection and engine is too close to fuel tank but only daredevils try this and become succesfull... not couchpotatoes sitting at home...

E

Elaser

This is what we mean when we say defense industry.
Not all R&D is done by scientists in a laboratory environment, the friend who does the fluid mechanics modeling of that engine is drinking tea on the side. The precision machining company can make jet engines for small missiles. Don't ask about job security.

The engine could explode. They did a very careless job.

When it comes to the culture that comes from its production, it actually does not bother me at all, it is the main idea to taste that happiness as soon as possible.
If it explodes in the hive around it, nothing will happen.
But share the excitement of the company that makes such a production. Thanks to the approaches of such companies, the costs are reduced.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,533
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey

This is what we mean when we say defense industry.
Not all R&D is done by scientists in a laboratory environment, the friend who does the fluid mechanics modeling of that engine is drinking tea on the side. The precision machining company can make jet engines for small missiles. Don't ask about job security.

The engine could explode. They did a very careless job.

When it comes to the culture that comes from its production, it actually does not bother me at all, it is the main idea to taste that happiness as soon as possible.
If it explodes in the hive around it, nothing will happen.
But share the excitement of the company that makes such a production. Thanks to the approaches of such companies, the costs are reduced.
Working without safety is nothing to brag about. Maybe things might be going smoothly today but there is no guarantee it won't next time. In military posts, there were signs written on that phrase: Önce Emniyet Sonra Hareket. (First safety, then action)

By the way, the guy sharing the tweet is an academician hence a scientist.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,148
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Working without safety is nothing to brag about. Maybe things might be going smoothly today but there is no guarantee it won't next time. In military posts, there were signs written on that phrase: Önce Emniyet Sonra Hareket. (First safety, then action)

By the way, the guy sharing the tweet is an academician hence a scientist.

This size of turbines are in the realm of RC planes and amateurs dealt with them regularly in the near past and still. There is not much hazard to it, there is no point to being overcautious.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
This size of turbines are in the realm of RC planes and amateurs dealt with them regularly in the near past and still. There is not much hazard to it, there is no point to being overcautious.

I would not put my hand anywhere near a working RC Jet engine while it was in operation. What is being pointed out here is the lack of safety - safety precautions should be part of any project that's in development.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,148
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would not put my hand anywhere near a working RC Jet engine while it was in operation. What is being pointed out here is the lack of safety - safety precautions should be part of any project that's in development.
People doing the research there are not idiots. Safety precautions are for every kind of work that involves risk of injury. Yet people wear working jet turbines on their arms and fly with them. Those people doing the actual work know better what to do.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
People doing the research there are not idiots. Safety precautions are for every kind of work that involves risk of injury. Yet people wear working jet turbines on their arms and fly with them. Those people doing the actual work know better what to do.

Naked flame, hand on top of the [prototype] jet engine housing
a.jpg

What is this person doing here, testing the output temperature with his hand?
a.jpg

There's no need to defend these guys lack of safety, and I say that while hoping they achieve what they are working for!

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,148
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Naked flame, hand on top of the [prototype] jet engine housing
View attachment 34215

What is this person doing here, testing the output temperature with his hand?
View attachment 34214

There's no need to defend these guys lack of safety, and I say that while hoping they achieve what they are working for!
These are common practices working with such small turbines.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,148
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,262
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Another engine project by Tubitak MAM ? I guess it is marine since displacement 30 liters.
Source: https://star.tubitak.gov.tr/
View attachment 33254
As far as I understand, TÜRASAŞ also participates in the project. It was announced that the prototyping process of the new generation 8-cylinder diesel engine with a minimum of 1200 horsepower, whose work was started in 2018, continues.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kale Ar-Ge Cüneyt KENGER: “Our current production plan has been determined as 150 KTJ 3200 engines per year based on the needs. Our production capacity is well above these numbers.”

@Defence Turkey reportage

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kale Ar-Ge Cüneyt KENGER: "Rulman", which are the most critical of the components connected abroad, have also become domestically produced with the work of Kale Aviation and some other subcontractors of Kale. We started to produce "Rulmans" of different structures and types according to our turbojet engine needs.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,148
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kale Ar-Ge Cüneyt KENGER: "Rulman", which are the most critical of the components connected abroad, have also become domestically produced with the work of Kale Aviation and some other subcontractors of Kale. We started to produce "Rulmans" of different structures and types according to our turbojet engine needs.
That would be bearings, magnetic or air bearings are best for maintenance free applications but ceramic ones are good for medium workload, steel ones are the least durable.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kale Ar-Ge Cüneyt KENGER: We are not yet able to share details of information about new turbojet engine projects. We are producing prototypes of these engines. Performance tests will begin soon.

Source: @Defence Turkey

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom