Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,121
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Obviously it will be SAGE's job to take on ramjet propulsion development as it is a moonshot projet that will take some time to bear fruit. This can start from UAVs and go on with transportation planes including cargo and passenger varieties. A manned fighter is I guess neigther necessary nor practical.

Last edited:

Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think we should kick start dual-mode engine projects with an aim to reach 4+mach on unmanned systems. This can be done with existing turbofan/turbojet and ramjet technologies. Hypersonic is a really hard nut to crack we should go for high supersonic as a realistic target.
Considering research and development cost of sr71, making a drone engine, plane structure and providing materials seems not feasible for a country with 20bn usd annual defense budget.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,676
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Making a engine for a drone is easier than making an engine for a manned platform. WE can make use of the experience from projects like TF-6000 and ramjet engines and launch a turboramjet engine project for a drone.

Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Making a engine for a drone is easier than making an engine for a manned platform. WE can make use of the experience from projects like TF-6000 and ramjet engines and launch a turboramjet engine project for a drone.
So you are sure that non existent tf6000 will be enough to speed up a drone to mach 2+ levels that ramjet will take over then.
Also, i am talking about heat levels on aircraft structure due to speed levels of mach 2+
For Turkey, supercruise for a drone or fighter within 10 years would be superb. Later we ll talk about hypersonic cruise

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,676
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
So you are sure that non existent tf6000 will be enough to speed up a drone to mach 2+ levels that ramjet will take over then.
Also, i am talking about heat levels on aircraft structure due to speed levels of mach 2+
For Turkey, supercruise for a drone or fighter within 10 years would be superb. Later we ll talk about hypersonic cruise
Lol who said to use TF-6000 as is. I said we should use the experience gained from TF-6000. How many turbojet, turbofan and turboshaft projects Turkiye runs at the moment? KTJ series turbojets, Kale Turbofan, TF-6000, TS-1400, soon engine project for TFX will get in shape. We can use the experience gathered from those projects.

Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Lol who said to use TF-6000 as is. I said we should use the experience gained from TF-6000. How many turbojet, turbofan and turboshaft projects Turkiye runs at the moment? KTJ series turbojets, Kale Turbofan, TF-6000, TS-1400, soon engine project for TFX will get in shape. We can use the experience gathered from those projects.
It is a very long way depends on many if(s). I can only hope that we ll get there.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Hybrid Propulsion System Development Project, which can be used in military 4x4, 6x6 and 8x8 vehicles and will enable these vehicles to move more quietly and operate more efficiently in the tactical field, has been signed with BMC Power. In this project, which SSB attaches great importance, the electric motor, driver and axle systems will be developed locally and nationally. Work has started with the aim of developing Box Type ambulances, which are needed by the Ministry of Health. ASELSAN with equity to equip Armored Combat Carriers with electric traction system funded development project started

Screenshot_20220510-210802_Office.jpg

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,057
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Experimental Investigation of Sonic Transverse Jets in Mach 5 Crossflow

TEI is conducting experimental studies for hypersonic speeds (probably for scramjet engines).

@Combat-Master @Zafer @Saithan @nakaFH @Yasar @Kartal1 @Cabatli_53 @Nilgiri @yakusha @TheInsider @Fuzuli NL @Test7 @mulj @T-123456 @Stimpy75 @Stuka

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,546
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
FFS these kinda projects should be OFF the academic circles! DO NOT PUBLISH any details of these critical defence projects OUT IN THE OPEN!

and it lists Konstantinos Kontis as a CO-AUTHOR?!?! WTF?????

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
FFS these kinda projects should be OFF the academic circles! DO NOT PUBLISH any details of these critical defence projects OUT IN THE OPEN!

and it lists Konstantinos Kontis as a CO-AUTHOR?!?! WTF?????
You owe every inch of progress in those projects, you are bragging about, to those academic papers.. academic works and universities. Most aerospace projects in Turkey are just reinventing what others' already did, most of those things already in academic papers. Also today's achievements have not become possible in one day, today's aerospace projects are as a result of 40 year accumulation of knowledge and human resource. None of these could be possible without METU(ODTÜ) or ITU or others, and I can say I had professors from USA, Korea, India and more in METU, also worked with Greeks and other. We learned a lot from foreigners, my University extensively encourages working with foreign professors or going abroad to acquire knowledge. Racism has no place in academics, Greece and Turkey may have problems, like we have in Cyprus but that is irrelevant to human to human relations, cultural exchange, sports or etc. I don't want to brag but METU is one of the pillars of advanced technologies (defence projects) in Turkey today! and success of the University comes from open minded culture (where some are constantly trying to undermine). Nobody should hate or judge others because of their name or ethnicity, I hope one day problems could be solved peacefully.

Additional information, most of the time academic papers have multiple authors and most of the time one is Advisor / Professor of the writer. Of course education is important.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr. IsmailDemir :

We have seen positive approaches to the steps that need to be taken to make progress on some aspects of the MMU and its engine. We met with the Ministry of Defense and Trade officials. The general atmosphere is quite positive

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom