Reactions
73 15,920
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
BMC Power UTKU 1000HP Power Pack is planned for 2023

View attachment 16631

I had posted about the Timeline on the Firtina SPH. I Guess it was accurate and that's why they will go with a interim solution until 2023.
Also not to forget MKEK's E-Fırtına project which is aiming at introducing hybrid propulsion to Fırtına.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Also not to forget MKEK's E-Fırtına project which is aiming at introducing hybrid propulsion to Fırtına.

You are absolutely Correct!

MKE collaborates with Tübitak for the Project

E-Firtina is a Hybrid which connects a Common Rail Diesel Engine with an Electric Engine incl. Battery

- The Project was Announced in 11.2017

> Back then they had a 1000HP MTU Engine to work with, nowadays thats diffrent, possibly a Caterpillar Engine with a similiar performance output.
> Possibly 1000HP Diesel + 300HP Electric

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M113 Electric Armored Combat Vehicle (E-ACV)

> Has a similar Layout. Diesel + Electric

> According to this News report Serial Production will begin in May 2021.

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 970
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Turkey to conduct fields tests with its local-made Altay tank fitted with Turkish powerpack​

According to the President of the Turkish Defense Association (SSB) Ismail Demir, Turkey will conduct field tests in April 2021, with its local-made Altay Main Battle Tank (MBT) fitted with the powerpack developed by the Turkish company BMC under the BATU Project.

I dont know if this is true But that is Latest from Armyrecognation.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Turkey to conduct fields tests with its local-made Altay tank fitted with Turkish powerpack​

According to the President of the Turkish Defense Association (SSB) Ismail Demir, Turkey will conduct field tests in April 2021, with its local-made Altay Main Battle Tank (MBT) fitted with the powerpack developed by the Turkish company BMC under the BATU Project.

I dont know if this is true But that is Latest from Armyrecognation.

This is incorrect, BATU will have first ignition this month on a engine test stand in lab conditions - Ismail Demir said this multiple times in several interviews.

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
8 931
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's a Russian V2 type engine, my guess a little bit uprated V2-84 engine.....so bs from the mullah

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's a Russian V2 type engine, my guess a little bit uprated V2-84 engine.....so bs from the mullah

I did a little search and found out that the engine is infact not 1500hp as the Twitter post says, but is officially claimed to be 1300hp.

Iran Inaugurates Production Line of National Diesel Engine​

13970329000770_PhotoJ.jpg

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran on Tuesday inaugurated the production line of a home-made 1300-horsepower hybrid diesel engine.

The new national diesel engine comes in two types of hybrid and gasoline-consumption types and its production line was inaugurated in the presence of the defense, road and industry ministers as well as the vice-president for scientific affairs

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Iranians on pdf said that us Turks are poor.

While in reality Iranians are smuggling themselves to get into Turkey.

Our industry and military is way ahead of them.

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
8 931
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well the Russians themselves get a max of 1130 hp of it's V2 type engine....so go figure how true that can be what the mullahs say

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
8 931
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just asked a Russian expert on discord if that can be true, he just said that the gasoline one could be true....so again figure gasoline engine tank....

Masesebe

Reactions
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
I just went through a photo of an engine during akar visit to bmc power plant , i think it is the 1500 hp engine because it doesnt look like the 1000 hp engine we saw lately and definitely not 600 hp azra engine .
Screenshot_2021-04-07-14-12-44-615_com.android.chrome.jpg

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
105 14,566
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I did a little search and found out that the engine is infact not 1500hp as the Twitter post says, but is officially claimed to be 1300hp.

Iran Inaugurates Production Line of National Diesel Engine​

13970329000770_PhotoJ.jpg

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran on Tuesday inaugurated the production line of a home-made 1300-horsepower hybrid diesel engine.

The new national diesel engine comes in two types of hybrid and gasoline-consumption types and its production line was inaugurated in the presence of the defense, road and industry ministers as well as the vice-president for scientific affairs

That engine, if not a wall mounted “picture”, but in real life, looks too big to be a tank engine. Most probably a locomotive or naval engine.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,799
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
That engine, if not a wall mounted “picture”, but in real life, looks too big to be a tank engine. Most probably a locomotive or naval engine.
Problem is not to develop a 1500 hp engine. The problem is to produce it small enough for a tank. Not to mention with a high lifespan with low maintenance costs.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

@TheInsider

Can you tell us when BMC POWER Engines and Transmissions are going to be ready

For:

-Vuran (400HP)
-AZRA (600HP)
-UTKU (1000HP)

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,600
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Vuran and Azra are very close to being ready. They are installed on real platforms and mobility tests are going on but they won't be using national transmissions. They are coupled to commercially available off-the-shelf transmissions. There are also Tümosan national transmissions available at those classes if BMC wishes to use them. I think we will hear more about Vuran and Azra this year. I expect late this year or early next year for initial availability.

Utku is in the bench testing. Bench tests will probably be finished this year and mobility tests will start after that. Mobility tests will probably take 1 year and if all things go well probably in the second half of the next year, it will be ready for duty. There is also a national 1000hp class transmission project but I don't know the state of that project. 1000hp transmission can be found on the commercial market in case the transmission project doesn't go well.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
The General Manager of Military Factories Imdat Ersoy and the accompanying delegation visited our Eskişehir Campus. They received information from Mahmut F. Akşit about our projects and discussed potential collaborations.

TEI-TJ300 Medium Range Anti-Ship Missile Engine in test cell
EyyFmiDWUAI5Tje.jpg

TEI-TJ300 is the first engine in the world to produce power in the specified thrust class within a limited diameter of 240 mm, for adaptation to missile systems. The strictly constrained engine size allows its prospective missile systems to fit into multiple platforms. The TEI-TJ300 engine is capable of operating at high speeds of up to 90% speed of sound at an altitude of 5000 ft. The engine also has the capability to start by windmilling without the need for any starter systems (e.g starter motor), which enables the platform to be applicable to air, marine and land based defense systems.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom