TR Refugee Problem|News & Discussions

borchadinho

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Truth hurts

To give you an idea of the danger, a flood has happened in Karachi, Pakistan and now there are ethnic tensions and riots between Pashtuns and Sindhis. We see the same ethnic tensions in all four ethnic areas in that country.

Now imagine what will happen if forbid an earthquake in Turkey happens, will they help or do the same if not worse. I will tell you, there will be rapes and murders.

These are the very same people crying racism lol.

Edit they are forcing ethnic shops to shut down, attacking families in cars, inter ethnic violence, police siding with there ethnic community. What happened to "ummah" lmfao.

Last edited:

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,050
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

The other side of our refugee problem. Over 8000 Turks have been registered crossing the US border illegally from Mexico this year.
Paying up to 15k Dollars for the "journey" we can safely assume, that we're losing many well-educated citizens. These citizens prefer living in the US probably in other (lower) professions instead of continuing their lives under the current circumstances in Turkey.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

The other side of our refugee problem. Over 8000 Turks have been registered crossing the US border illegally from Mexico this year.
Paying up to 15k Dollars for the "journey" we can safely assume, that we're losing many well-educated citizens. These citizens prefer living in the US probably in other (lower) professions instead of continuing their lives under the current circumstances in Turkey.
They got ripped off, with the current border policy they could've just walked across and nobody would stop them.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,001
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

I really hope AKP won’t bring more refugees into Turkiye.

This is disgusting even dehumanising. Rich countries using developing countries as a dumping ground.

How insulting the countries who accept this have no honour themselves because Western rich countries are willing to use money as a way to bribe corrupt politicians to accept. They know politicians like in Turkiye and Rwanda have no problem in pocketing the money into their wallets and bank accounts.

Last edited:

Asena_great

Contributor
Reactions
13 1,487
The 700k Syrian kids will be automatically be eligible for Turkish citizenship. Correct?

We need to deal with the reality that many Syrians will be staying in Turkey for good. So get the educations' ministry working and make sure that they are brought closer to Turkish values. Otherwise, this will be a disaster for the coming decades.

I can tell you that much as one of the 3-5m Turks in Germany and the issues we are facing here ;)
according to Turkish constitution citizenship are given by blood not place of birth either mother or father of the chelid need to be Turkish citizen . any such citizenship given are both against Turkish constitution and international law since those people don't have refugee status and those who are giving them citizenships are committing crime

Just out interest AK party has gradually been handing the syrian refugees passports, the estimates are anywhere from half a million to a million already given Turkish passports? Are these people now untouchable from a legal perspective?

Also the syrian refugees have given birth to over a million babies while in Turkey are they granted citizenship status?
no citizenship can be revoked even for Turkish people for example during 80s coupe Kenan evren remove citizenship for 1600 people including Kadir Mısıroğlu
revoking citizenship can be done just need a political will

It was all part of the plan. Give those refugees / illegal immigrants Turkish citizenship so they can vote for you during election. A nice machiavellian plan from AKP.
idk what to say about this best and brightest are leaving and in their place are being filled by kaçaks

painful to watch how our people are suffering

Last edited:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,734
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Who’s going to verify the revoking of visa and residency permits ?

also illegal refugees or unregistered are potential organ donors. Where is alaattin cakici ?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,376
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
UNTERSTANDING THE PAKISTANI IMMIGRATION PROBLEM AND ITS IMPLICATION FOR TURKEY IN DETAIL AND SOME OTHER THOUGHTS.

Unfortunately as far as i understand as foreign observer, There is or was a serious policy mistake! Compassion, empathy is all good, if it is for the right cause and most importantly in a right way! These Pakistani immigrants will be a considerable problem for turkey and very likely to be cause a cultural pollution! ( I am not a bigot nor I hate Pakistani people for their ethnicity) sadly, This is the reality and what happened pretTy much every where they immigrated! Most notably London! Drugs, sex trafficking and gang violence mostly controlled by people of Pakistani origin.

Now, to have a decent understaning of the implication of the problem for turkish society let's have some detailed look in thE country pakistan itself.

FIRST AND FOREMOST, Pakistan is a country that is undergoing complete social breakdown for decades now! This is mostly because there is a tremendous lack of education in every shape and way you can imagine for decades and generations! And of course, these are all caused by some serious strategic policy mistakes that pakistan policy makers made in their domestic educational and public institutions repeatedly for a long time! Turks should have consulted us before taking to much illegal immigrants! ( I see lot of people using refugees instead illegal immigrants, which is not correct ) I mean, there is a reason why in 1971 we separated from them! Does that mean I am claiming we are far more developed than them economically or technologically ? No! Surely we don't have nukes! But It's the culture that we are blessed with! At least that's how we think when compared to pakistan! We don't have hundreds of tribes that run their own regions! Who frequently go to war with each other with lethal weapons for dominance! We don't have thousand of tribal leader who think their words is the law in their own areas! We don't have somebody get shot or same place get blown up every week in our country! But most importantly we don't kill hundreds of our women for 'honor' every year. I mean, this is the most horrific trend a society can have!

Surly! We are not perfect! We have many problems in our country! And definitely far from being developed! But when I look at pakistan I feel very lucky having not any these socio cultural disasters in my country! Now the irony here! Pakistani mindset predominantly believe that, they are the most devout muslims in the world! They used to consider us ( bengali muslims) missguided and heavily influenced by hindu culture! When in reality, they are the one who has most common with pre islamic dark ages! I had a chance to ask a Pakistani 'freind' ( should I call him friend? ) once, 'wasn't one of islam's triumph and our prophet's great success to stop 'honor' killing in arab culture and completely demolish the tribal mentality from most 'tribalish' region in the world?' And before I even follow up with the actual question ( why do you guys do these horrible things then ) he immediately got worked up and I had to stop there! Unfortunately this is the reality! They can't tolerate slightest criticism and they always take everything personally or 'tribally', which is make it harder to engage with them in a civilized manner!

Now, of course I am not putting all the Blame on mass people, as I stated before Pakistani policy makers made some historic mistakes. SECONDLY, AND MOST SIGNIFICANTLY, THE PAKISTAN'S BIGGEST BAD LUCK CAN BE SUMMARIZED IN A SINGLE EVENT THAT IS, WHEN PAKISTAN WAS CREATED BY MASS IMMIGRATION FROM INDIA TO CURRENT LAND THE WHOLE POPULATION WAS DEPRIVED FROM WHAT WAS THE SUBCONTINENT MUSLIM'S CULTURAL AND EDUCATIONAL CENTERS FOR CENTURIES, MOST OF WHICH ARE IN CURRENT DAY INDIA AND SOME IN BANGKADESH. AND THEY ARE DEPRIVED FROM IT FOR MORE THAN HALF CENTURY NOW. AND THAT CONTRIBUTED SIGNIFICANTLY IN A BAD MANNER FOR MANY CURRENT DISASTERS THAT ARE ON GOING NOW.

last but not the least, my assessment for the current problem's solution is obvious, like many others pointed out to take a strong and secure border policy to stop the illegal immigration ( not the actual refugees who fled an actual war and critically need humanitarian assistance. And the actual 'refugee policy' can be disscuss in detail later) For example, like Pakistani illegal immigrants there were lot of 'afghan criminals and corrupted people' who actually fled the country for fear of being prosecuted by the taliban. Now return to pakistan issue, the only realistic way to help that Country for other developed muslims countries is to take a 'LONG-TERM COMBINED STRATEGY' (this is very important, because not one country like turkey can't do it along) and establish as many schools and colleges as possible in pakistan and try to make a educational revolution for the next generations to come! It may take decades but this is best that you guys! ( my turkish freinds! ) AND OHTERS can do.

Also in that long process turkey may give some selective scholarship for higher education to those bright Pakistani students who will be graduating from those 'colleges'. It will create slowly some cultural influence ( in a good way) from turkey to pakistan. I think this is plausible and possible because this is now what i observing, happening between two of our countries (bangladesh and turkey). it is a win win situation for both countries! ( 90 percent of Bangladeshi that currently lives in turkey are university students, The rest 10 percent mostly businessemen) there is lot of investment happening in both countries from each other! Turks are helping us with some technological development! We are helping them with our expertise in clothing and garments industry as bangladesh has the world second largest industry after china.

Special add: I see some people here with ultra nationalistic views claiming that, turkish citizenship should only determined by blood! In 21th century this is totally outdated and obsolete concept! And this assessment is has nothing to do with so called 'ummah mentality' or liberalism! You can ask a 'dead secular' economist! He will still tell you that, in a free market based heavily interdepended capitalist world this is a very bad idea! And it will only hurt the development of a developing country! As a national strategy You want to attract foreign talents and bright minds for your own benefit! Like the way America does! Of course this is not the same as taking unprecedented numbers of refugees that you can't handle! And also, from a advanced civilized point of view this is (citizenship based on race) a ridiculous idea! Turkish identity should be based on turkish culture and way of life. not on the race and color of skin. ( this is same for every country, including mine)

Last edited:

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,520
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
@Afif And this is precisely what we are pointing out since the beginning, but unfortunately some people doesn’t understand. They will call you a racist for pointing out the obvious. These Ummah lover clowns.

This is why I personally want Erdogan and AKP out, because their policies are seriously threatening the national security of an entire country.

This is also why religion and emotions shouldn’t be mixed with politics and state affairs. You don’t bring in millions of refugees / illegal immigrants just because they are your ‘’Muslim brother’’. Border exists for a reason you know.

Australia does have a very good and appropriate border policy for example, and Turkiye should definitely do the same thing as soon as possible.

Top Bottom