Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,707
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
It seems that the Turks did not read what was written in the agreement when signing this agreement 😅 How did they accept this? This agreement is worth at least 100 billion euros
Even more, or the downfall of EU with the refugee coming. But the real issue is why renew it.

If I were going to do something, I'd recall all retired army officers and military personelle, and start relocating refugees back to Syria, and have Israel style internal control, and ensure refugees are not tolerated. Thus they can only go to EU.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,927
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

EU: Turkey must stick to migrants deal​

Varhelyi-epa.jpg

The European Union wants Turkey to abide by the agreement on migrants reached in March 2016, European Commissioner for Neighborhood and Enlargement Oliver Varhelyi told Turkish officials in his two-day visit to the country on Monday and Tuesday.

The agreement, reached after a year of extensive migrant flows, commits Turkey to stopping undocumented migrants from crossing into the European Union and taking back those expelled by EU states, especially Greece.

Varhelyi met with Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu, Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu, Trade Minister Mehmet Mus and President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s spokesman Ibrahim Kalin.

In the wake of recent developments in Afghanistan, and given the continued presence of millions of Syrian refugees, the EU will provide an additional €3 billion to Turkey in aid.

EU officials say Turkey again raised its longstanding demand for visa-free travel to the bloc, but, as with the Cyprus issue, it “was not discussed in depth.” Varhelyi and Turkish officials also discussed the long-stalled talks over Turkey’s joining the EU.

LMAO. So it's basically like this:

Turkey: "So before we begin, about visa-free tr..."

EU: "God, I love your new suit. Armani?"

Turkey: "But I think we really need to disc..."

EU: "Isn't the weather just so nice today?"

Turkey: "But you promi..."

EU: "I SAID, ISN'T THE WEATHER NICE TODAY?"

Turkey: "...*mumbles* suit's Topman actually..."

EU: "Excellent, now about those extra refugees..."

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
It seems that the Turks did not read what was written in the agreement when signing this agreement 😅 How did they accept this? This agreement is worth at least 100 billion euros
As far as I remember, The EU did promise Turkey that they would take care of a oarge chunk of all the costs that the refugees would bring to Turkey; in addition to free visa travel to the EU along with updating the trade deal which would give Turkey a major boost to its exports. The deal was way too SWEET tbh! One should have at least had suspiscion about such a way too SWEET deal! Anyway, the moment Turkey started preventing the refugees from going to EU, the EU started providing stupid excuses for not obliging with its side of the contract and are trying to just buy time to not give any of the things they promised

For example, even the CHP leader kemal promised to talk to the EU to share the burden and 2 days later he states that in 2 years he will send them to Syria and not EU. It seems that even KK got am earful from the EU after his initial statements and was forced to change it
Sadly, this was a trap for Turkey and sadly Erdo is at fault for believing in the EU
I mean these are unions that proclaim freedom, democracy and justice while financing ISIS behind the scenes
It is just too sad

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Even more, or the downfall of EU with the refugee coming. But the real issue is why renew it.

If I were going to do something, I'd recall all retired army officers and military personelle, and start relocating refugees back to Syria, and have Israel style internal control, and ensure refugees are not tolerated. Thus they can only go to EU.
Renew the deal?
Like does the deal have a duration or something?

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,824
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think we should decrease dependency on the EU. More diversification is needed for our exports. We are too dependent on the European market.
China, India, Latin America, Africa, Russia, Indonesia...all huge markets.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,042
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
China, India, Latin America, Africa, Russia, Indonesia...all huge markets.

The government has been trying that, but the EU is simply an economic power house. Plus a lot of the diversification done has been done with good weather "friends" like Saudi Arabia or Egypt where any progress made has been lost within a short period of time.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,824
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
The government has been trying that, but the EU is simply an economic power house. Plus a lot of the diversification done has been done with good weather "friends" like Saudi Arabia or Egypt where any progress made has been lost within a short period of time.
Still, USA, Iran ...Even whole Iraq.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,707
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

3 plans for returning home are on the agenda​

Work has begun on models on how to ensure the return of asylum seekers. In addition to the safe corridor, the focus is on expanding briquette houses and improving camp conditions.​

September 15, 2021 10:27Updated: 15 September 2021 10:29
3 plans for returning home are on the agenda

Increasing immigration pressure from Afghanistan after the Syrian refugees increased the sensitivity of the international community to the migration problem. In this context, diplomacy accelerated for the safe return of refugees to their homes. Hosting three guests from the United Nations (UN) and Europe in the last two weeks, Turkey expects a joint solution to the problem with the international community.

According to the news of Kıymet Sezer from Yeni Şafak, it has come to the agenda that some steps can be taken in the solution proposals that will increase the return to home in the increasing diplomatic contacts.

SAFE ZONE RANKS FIRST​

In the news; “While President Tayyip Erdoğan's proposal to return refugees to their lands by establishing safe zones, which was brought to the agenda at the UN two years ago, is being talked about more these days, it has been learned that a new model is being sought for returning home, taking into account security concerns. In the case of Syrian refugees, various measures are being worked out along with the measures implemented by Turkey, such as accelerating the construction of briquette houses and improving living conditions in the camps, in addition to Erdogan's proposal.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,707
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Seriously though. Why ? So refugees can come quicker and EU can reject them and they'll stick on Turkey ?

This is what the generals are warning about. Turkey becoming the dumpster for refugees.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,951
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Eeey Avrupa, looks like EU gives a shit about empty talk and gladly finances this "joint project" in order to turn Turkey faster into a refugee center, this will keep the state busy with internal problems in the future. But heey it's humanitarian aid and they found some stupid victims who gladly cooperate and let them fool again and again.

EU is like we have to help refugees but not within our nor their borders let's do it in Turkey.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,951
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
"EU’s support to the removal of land mines also helps Turkey meet its commitments under the Ottawa Convention, to which Turkey is a party since 2004"

Can anybody please explain what the benefits are?

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan

Seriously though. Why ? So refugees can come quicker and EU can reject them and they'll stick on Turkey ?

This is what the generals are warning about. Turkey becoming the dumpster for refugees.
I am convinced that our government just wants to see the country burn. Funny thing is that this isn't even being shown in local media, but of course Daily Sabah posts it to get brownie points from westerners and ummah idiots.

Just last week Tayyip was talking about a new refugee wave coming from the Iranian border, now this... Any leader who cares about their country would cancel this stupid mine clearing deal at this point. But no, not Tayyip. Just say "Ey Avrupa, Eyy Amerika", get applauded by your fans and let in another few million refugees and hope that no one notices.

I hope 2023 elections bring an end to this madness.

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
Mine clearing also happened before (or during) the Syrian civil war... I think Israel "helped" clear the mines from what I remember. It paved the way for 5 million Syrians entering the country. Is our government brain dead or just traitors?

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
Looks like it all started in 2003. We know who is responsible for this crap. They always use the Humanist card to hurt the interests of the Turkish republic.

Have a look at these articles:

@Nein2.0(Nomad) @Manomed At this point I think a child could run the country better than AKP.

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If you cant stop refugees, than you must use them for your own benefits.

I never saw so much dump and trash at the street in any country other than Turkey. Rubbish and waste on riverbeds, in lakes, parks, beaches and even on the top of middle mountains. Let them clean the whole country and burn those plastics. Give them a salary and put them to work.

Or build a whole new SturmAbteilungen from them with pepperspray and wooden bats and send them to gay festivals and hard rock parties to beet the shit out of those degenerate generation. Or make a Strangerslegion like France and use them in your overseas operation zones and territories (North Cyprus, West Libya etc).

Asena_great

Contributor
Reactions
13 1,487
If you cant stop refugees, than you must use them for your own benefits.

I never saw so much dump and trash at the street in any country other than Turkey. Rubbish and waste on riverbeds, in lakes, parks, beaches and even on the top of middle mountains. Let them clean the whole country and burn those plastics. Give them a salary and put them to work.

Or build a whole new SturmAbteilungen from them with pepperspray and wooden bats and send them to gay festivals and hard rock parties to beet the shit out of those degenerate generation. Or make a Strangerslegion like France and use them in your overseas operation zones and territories (North Cyprus, West Libya etc).
just send them back home

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,951
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not gonna happen till we liberate all yellow coloured lands on the Syria Live Map.
What is the connection between Syria and the Iranian border/mine cleaning project?

People who didn't fought for their own country etc. will certainly not fight for your country.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom