Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,144
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Şimşek II is announced the first time and it marks the phase when Turkey can be a player in space launch of satellites, space probes and cargo to space stations. I wonder what the timeframe will be for it.

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Şimşek II is announced the first time and it marks the phase when Turkey can be a player in space launch of satellites, space probes and cargo to space stations. I wonder what the timeframe will be for it.
if that date can be taken to to beginning of 2030s , it will be a big success for roketsan and turkish institutes.
USA is planning to send humans to mars after 2028, we can plan same for the years around 2035-2040 if we can make şimşek 2 around 2030

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,735
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Roketsan Mr Karasay: "It was decided that the spacecraft which will make a soft landing on the moon in 2028, will be launched with the "heavy launch" rocket that we will develop. This is in line with our goals."
I so much wanna believe this but we haven't even launched the 100kg version to orbit yet, let alone 150, 1500 and 3000kg versions. What's their timelines?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,144
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
if that date can be taken to to beginning of 2030s , it will be a big success for roketsan and turkish institutes.
USA is planning to send humans to mars after 2028, we can plan same for the years around 2035-2040 if we can make şimşek 2 around 2030
As long as money flows in the projects and payload customers can be found it can happen in a timely manner. It will depend on military satellite projects which can not be outsourced to foreign launchers as well as civilian customers.

Top Bottom