TR Space Space Programs

RadarGudumluMuhimmat

Committed member
Reactions
1 619
We are in a situation beyond disgrace in space rockets. Since 1998, when we produced the Yıldırım missiles, the only tangible change they have made is the liquid fuel engine with a nozzle diameter of my hand, and we have no guarantee that it will work. Even in Iraq, there are more advanced liquid fuels left over from the Scuds, and are you talking about going to the Moon?

Last edited:

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,296
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
-- Posting this, because it has similar tail section to MUFA-TEST --

---

The Kuaizhou-11 (KZ-11), is a Chinese commercial launch vehicle.

Reportedly, the payload is about 1000 kg for low earth orbit and 700 kg for a sun-synchronous orbit.

The three stage rocket is possibly based on the DF-31 missile. It consists of three solid-fueled stages. The principal diameter is 2.2 m and the launch weight is 78 tons. the first stage features four grid fins. The vehicle is launched from a launch truck.
View attachment 2412
you could make an ICBM out of this

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,062
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Space Agency President Serdar Hüseyin Yıldırım said that Kazakhstan has opened a tender for the communication satellite. The Turkish company (TAI, I think) he said Turkey will produce satellites for Kazakhstan in case of winning the tender. The tender may be concluded this month.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,121
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Space Agency President Serdar Hüseyin Yıldırım said that Kazakhstan has opened a tender for the communication satellite. The Turkish company (TAI, I think) he said Turkey will produce satellites for Kazakhstan in case of winning the tender. The tender may be concluded this month.
Fantastic news.

S

Sinan

Micro and nano satellites, which is a start.
As technology progresses more can be achieved with less weight.
I mean, look at all the new CubeSat applications. A typical 1U form factor CubeSat weighs only 1 kg.
Those sats have no use.....

This is what i'm critisizing of this project. What's the first and end goal? What is the time frame?

Many of you are very excited about Turkey's space projects but if we are going to send our satellites for the 10x price of SpaceX then what's the point?

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Which satellites ?

Turksats are at Geo. Göktürks are at Leo but they weigh much more than 100kg.

S

Sinan

The point is to develop these technologies nationally and have the ability to reach space independently, which of course comes at a cost. Otherwise, everyone would just use American rockets and no other country would have the ability to reach space on their own.
The things is today, you have many options. Chinese, Russian, European, japanese, Indian. Today nobody can confine you to earth.

You don't get to be SpaceX overnight. And mind you, before SpaceX was able to develop "Falcon Heavy" and "Crew Dragon" and started sending people into space, they started with "Falcon 1", whose first payload was only 19 kg.
These are unrelated to my question.

Again my question was. What's the first and end goal? What is the time frame?

To make it simple.
1-) What are we aiming for, going to Mars? Placing satellites to which orbit, at what weight
2-) What is our time frame to reach this goal? 10 year? 20 year? 50 year? 100 year? What is it?
3-) Is it going to be feasible? SpaceX had the reusable rockets as a goal which enabled them to cut down the costs. If we are not gonna make anything comparable to SpaceX than we are doomed for the start. We would send 1-2 Rockets per year at max, no one would prefer Turkish rockets, and we would be paying much more per launch.

To add, i'm not asking for your opinion. I want straight answers from managers of these projects as this has potential to be a failed project.

S

Sinan

Well, then apparently you're a bit confused as to where you're asking your questions bro. All we can do here is speculate and provide opinions.

I for one think we should develop this ability even though the launches with our own rockets may cost more than launches with foreign rockets. The difference in cost is the price we pay for enjoying INDEPENDENT ACCESS TO SPACE.

Also, we should never underestimate the scientific gains we will make from these projects and the employment we will provide to thousands of our engineers.
1-) I'm not confused, maybe there had been some statement that i have missed but some other didn't.
2-) Like i said independent access to space it not very different from buying petroleum from abroad. It won't be a problem if you have various sources.
3-) Gaining know-how should serve something. Which bring us to my initial questions, "How, When, How Much".

S

Sinan

Independent Sat launch capability during wartime? Small purpose built sattelites for communication and intelligence when needed on a moments notice
Bro, i don't wanna repeat myself over and over. I expressed myself very in very simple words. Let me write again.

"
To make it simple.
1-) What are we aiming for, going to Mars? Placing satellites to which orbit, at what weight
2-) What is our time frame to reach this goal? 10 year? 20 year? 50 year? 100 year? What is it?
3-) Is it going to be feasible? SpaceX had the reusable rockets as a goal which enabled them to cut down the costs. If we are not gonna make anything comparable to SpaceX than we are doomed for the start. We would send 1-2 Rockets per year at max, no one would prefer Turkish rockets, and we would be paying much more per launch.
"

I can write in Turkish if you want.

Bayraktar TB2

Contributor
Reactions
"Bir taraftan uydu imalatı ile ilgili çalışmalarımız var. Haberleşme, gözetleme uyduları, alçak yörünge-üst yörünge uyduları zinciri devam edecek. O pazarın yılda yüzlerce ürün sattığınız bir pazar olmadığını biliyorsunuz. O açıdan gelecekte alçak yörünge uydularının çok ucuza mal edilip dünyadaki haberleşme ihtiyacının artmasıyla interconnect sistemiyle konuştukça iletişim altyapınız önemli olacak. Bunu da uydularla sağlama çalışmalarımız var. O döneme hazırlıklı olmamız gerekiyor. İletişim güvenliği çok önemli. Bu durum bizi siber güvenliğe, elektronik-elektromanyetik güvenliğe getiriyor.”

S

Sinan

By any means necessary; as soon as possible; and whatever it costs.

But that's my take of it, not necessarily the state policy.
I said, that i'm not asking for your opinion. Our opinion is not very important. It's important what our managers think.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,121
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
1.5 ton satellites being able to be launched above 700km orbit is on the road map of TUA.
Military satellites will be a piece of cake to launch.

Top Bottom