TR Space Space Programs

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina

President Erdoğan, and Founder of Tesla and SpaceX Elon Musk had a phone call.
During the meeting, the public and private sector institutions in Turkey Issues related to cooperation in different areas including space technology between the companies was discussed.
Interesting call, Musk is kind demonized in usa ultra liberal cyrcles, it could be that he will go more out of the country with his bussiness.

uzaysan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Interesting call, Musk is kind demonized in usa ultra liberal cyrcles, it could be that he will go more out of the country with his bussiness.
Impossible. SpaceX is heavily funded by US army. They give core rocket tech(Merlin engine which used in apollo rockets) And they still funding spacex. Thats why company didn't go public. İn the near future, you will see US army will transport soldiers and ammunition to other side of the world under 30 minutes by using spacex rockets.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Impossible. SpaceX is heavily funded by US army. They give core rocket tech(Merlin engine which used in apollo rockets) And they still funding spacex. Thats why company didn't go public. İn the near future, you will see US army will transport soldiers and ammunition to other side of the world under 30 minutes by using spacex rockets.
He is not only in space technologies, recently he moved tesla from california to texas due better enviroment for his bussines, i am just saying it is interesting and who knows will some opportunity occur for some project in Turkey.

Last edited:

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
It might be to do with Turksat 5B - which is expected to be launched in 2021.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,049
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
It might be to do with Turksat 5B - which is expected to be launched in 2021.

That doesnt require a call with Musk/Erdogan, you simply place the order and SpaceX will be more than happy to gain the Dollars.

uzaysan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
He is not only in space technologies, recently he moved tesla from california to texas due better enviroment for his bussines, i am just saying it is interesting and who knows will some opportunity occur for some project in Turkey.
Yes possible for tesla. They recently launched battery production factory in germany (gigafactory). But since this is space thread, i thought you were talking about spacex. Sorry for that.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,260
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

The use of communication satellites for global positioning requires an extra radio navigation payload.(Page 154)
I have not heard of plans for this. Therefore, I think we can say that Turkey is only designing satellite communication purposes.
Our aerospace engineer friend clarified the matter.
The subject directly concerns the Turkish Space program. I added it here so that it will not be forgotten over time.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,260
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
thumbs_b_c_3178de89619d1dae4b1fc04b1e4b7aa8.jpg

6 cubic satellites designed by ITU in 16 years took their place in orbit

Istanbul Technical University (ITU) Faculty of Aeronautics and Astronautics and Space Systems Design and Test Laboratory (USTTL) Assistant Prof. Dr. Speaking to Anadolu Agency (AA), Alim Rüstem Aslan said that cube satellites were brought into life about 20 years ago to provide education for aerospace engineering students.

the planning of the satellites of the students that take part in all stages until the launch in 2009, the Lion, indicating that they have completed the design of Turkey's first cubic satellite, "Furnish we 'ITUpSAT1' is cube satellite was sent into space on 23 September 2009. Established the first signals in ITU 'ITU- USTTL 'sent to the ground station and the Satellite Communication and Remote Sensing Center. " he spoke.

Prof. Dr. Aslan stated that ITUpSAT1 has been sending signals for more than 11 years, and that all tests of the first designed satellite were carried out in ITU laboratories.

"After the first cube satellite sent to space, we continued with new cube satellite designs. As ITU, we have designed 6 cubic satellites in orbit in 16 years, and as the university, we have succeeded in raising a large human resource in this field. The satellite ASELSAT was sent to space. This satellite was successfully placed in orbit where SpaceX will operate with its rocket. 143 satellites were released into orbit at the same time in a single launch, and a new world record was broken in this area. As ITU, we were proud to be a part of such a project. We designed the satellite with local and national facilities. We realized everything from how the Cube satellite will look to its flight together with our project partners. "

Seventh satellite "SharjahSat-1" on the way

Prof. Dr. Aslan stated that they developed the seventh cube satellite under the name "SharjahSat-1" for the Sharjah University in the United Arab Emirates, and within the scope of the project, the cube satellite group of the university was given trainings on satellite design, tests, communication and ground stations.

Stating that satellite development studies are carried out mutually and tests will be carried out at ITU, Aslan said that cubic satellites can be designed and produced in a short time and at an affordable cost.

Stating that the cube satellite they designed for the United Arab Emirates is 3U in size and has a wide range of uses, Aslan said, "Due to their affordable costs, cubic satellites can be developed in large numbers and placed in orbit in sets. Thus, the temporal resolution in orbit is increased by the cube satellite. He spoke in the form.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,260
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
President Erdoğan said, "We have started the work to establish a micro-satellite launch facility, we will send the satellites of our country and our friends to space in the not distant date.

Animation of the micro satellite launch facility

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,142
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Translate: According to Ahmet Hakan we are going to send astronaut into space.

I know ahmet hakan is not reliable source but still.. I wanted to share.
That will happen sooner or later.
Sending a person in space is increasingly easier nowadays.
Something like Sierra Nevada's Dream Chaser should get in the range of our capabilities at some point.

lossy-page1-320px-Dream_Chaser_Atlas_V_Integrated_Launch_Configuration.tif.jpg

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,260
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ahmet Hakan claimed that the Turkish Space Agency's roadmap, which will be announced on February 9, 2021, includes sending an astronaut to space. In this context, cooperation will be made with Elon Mask. And the first astronaut will be sent into space with the SpaceX company.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,142
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ahmet Hakan claimed that the Turkish Space Agency's roadmap, which will be announced on February 9, 2021, includes sending an astronaut to space. In this context, cooperation will be made with Elon Mask. And the first astronaut will be sent into space with the SpaceX company.
I don't see the point in sending a person in to space as a space tourist.
Turkey is not UAE, there must be some technology gain in everything we do in accordance with the cost.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,260
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't see the point in sending a person in to space as a space tourist.
Turkey is not UAE, there must be some technology gain in everything we do in accordance with the cost.
He said the astronaut will be sent. Therefore, I do not think we will send tourists. Maybe a deal has been arranged for the International Space Station.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom