Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,222
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
They now it and we now it, they don't have the money. If they finish the Viper upgrade how are they going to pay it?

Costin84

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Romania

Statement by U.S. Ambassador to Greece Geoffrey R. Pyatt on F-35 Acquisition​

The United States, at the highest levels, has welcomed Greece’s interest in acquiring the F-35 for the Hellenic Air Force. We have signaled our support for procurement and are working closely together on a future acquisition program, which would enhance Greece’s defense capabilities, ensure interoperability with U.S. Armed Forces and improve regional stability. All reports to the contrary are false and misrepresentations of U.S. policy.

The U.S.-Greece defense relationship is at an all-time high and is one of America’s strongest military relationships in Europe. We take great pride in our defense and security partnership with Greece and work daily to advance that from strength to strength, including through Greece’s future acquisition of the F-35. The path to acquisition of the F-35 is a multi-year process that would naturally build upon the successes realized in Greece’s F-16 Viper upgrade program.

The USA has announced that it will not sell F-35 fighter jets to Greece. First, they say, finish the F-16 Viper modernization you have.
It says exactly the opposite thing, that the F-35 is the thing they need and it's a logical step in tandem with the Viper upgrade.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
10 4,934
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
They don't have ports anymore and who is going to give credits? America but the have to pay billions of credits.
There is a big US interest in the Port of Alexandropolis in Western Thrace.

Don't worry the Americans will find something and "they" will gladly give it to them for some weapons they didn't learn anything.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
clear sign that usa see turkey as threat with this double standards game, in one hand it is good but also cause temporary troubles, i think that f35 is history for turkey, what is most important to implement stop gap measures until TFX would be ready.

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,351
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You guys here have to know about US politics, especially about the Democrat and Republican approach on this sales to UAE. Don't blame the whole country.

Senate is fill with Republican mainly. Republican tend to sells the F-35 to UAE, meanwhile the Democrats are not, don't ask the leftist in the Democrats like Ilhan Omar and else. But sadly the Democrats are owning the House of Representatives not Senate.

Don't see US as a kingdom with only one voice.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
You guys here have to know about US politics, especially about the Democrat and Republican approach on this sales to UAE. Don't blame the whole country.

Senate is fill with Republican mainly. Republican tend to sells the F-35 to UAE, meanwhile the Democrats are not, don't ask the leftist in the Democrats like Ilhan Omar and else. But sadly the Democrats are owning the House of Representatives not Senate.

Don't see US as a kingdom with only one voice.
nobody blames whole country, it is specific position towards turkey affairs in region, simply usa politics diverge from that in high degree and don't care for geopolitical consequences due some idiot ideological media pressure within usa, simple as that.

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,351
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
sdf/ypg freedom bringers bla bla and unconditional support for them altough they are national threat to turkey. simply you can not be trustworthy ally to turkey when you support them.
Haha... I expecting it. Yes, I aware Turkish problem with the PKK and I can't denied that the SDF does have connection with Qandil. But, sometimes for the greater good, things could be understandable.

Look. ISIS, they are the threat for the whole world even to my country miles away. US see the YPG and YPJ as the allies that can be rely, especially in the battle of Kobane (Ayn al Arab). Then, the assistance from the US continue until now to fight ISIS. It's for the world, for you too. It's not sacrificing Turkey for the world and I think US will or already have initiative for the peace or at least ceasefire for both sides.

Last edited:

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Haha... I expecting it. Yes, I aware Turkish problem with the PKK and I can't denied that the SDF does have connection with Qandil. But, sometimes for the greater good, things could be understandable.

Look. ISIS, they are the threat for the whole world even to my country miles away. US see the YPG and YPJ as the allies that can be rely, especially in the battle of Kobane (Ayn al Arab). Then, the assistance from the US continue until now to fight ISIS. It's for the world, for you too. It's not sacrificing Turkey for the world and I think US will or already have initiative for the peace or at least ceasefire for both sides.
you put things over proportions, isis was handled quite fine without kurds, they just came in like good chip for usa to put some more roots in area, it is fine you are global superpower and can allow yourself things like that but in bigger picture you made miscalculation, lost most important ally in process and your whole middle east policy is crumbling for the sake of that calc, now your influence there is limited on israel and saudi arabia, with risk of loosing saudis too if you become to loud about "human rights violations", so was it worth?

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,351
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
you put things over proportions, isis was handled quite fine without kurds, they just came in like good chip for usa to put some more roots in area, it is fine you are global superpower and can allow yourself things like that but in bigger picture you made miscalculation, lost most important ally in process and your whole middle east policy is crumbling for the sake of that calc, now your influence there is limited on israel and saudi arabia, with risk of loosing saudis too if you become to loud about "human rights violations", so was it worth?
And even without Syrian War, Turkey will going further from NATO. Your AKP is becomes more and more extreme. So, Every scenario, Turkey will getting further from NATO, it's just same the root between the crumble relation is Turkey itself. Know your self.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
and why is
And even without Syrian War, Turkey will going further from NATO. Your AKP is becomes more and more extreme. So, Every scenario, Turkey will getting further from NATO, it's just same the root between the crumble relation is Turkey itself. Know your self.
and why is that? isn't it because of dishonesty from nato allies? akp card is lame, they are legitimate democratic party which people of turkey choose on elections, why you can not respect that as whole world respected the fact that you elected proven idiot on last elections? Turkey will suite fine they managed it trough centuries with up and downs, usa arrogance to dictate what is extreme or what is moderate is insulting for brain cells. sir isac newton laws apply to the usa also you know?
anyway by your opinion will be there retraction towards turkey for this f35 deal as it is obvious that this rift does not good to both parties?

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,351
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
and why is

and why is that? isn't it because of dishonesty from nato allies? akp card is lame, they are legitimate democratic party which people of turkey choose on elections, why you can not respect that as whole world respected the fact that you elected proven idiot on last elections? Turkey will suite fine they managed it trough centuries with up and downs, usa arrogance to dictate what is extreme or what is moderate is insulting for brain cells. sir isac newton laws apply to the usa also you know?
anyway by your opinion will be there retraction towards turkey for this f35 deal as it is obvious that this rift does not good to both parties?
Trump was nightmare obviously. Anyway, I'm not American as you not Turkish based on your Bosnian flag profile picture. But, what I get from this conversation is that Anti American sentiments are growing in Turkish Politics. Don't worry, not just in Turkey, but everywhere, I assume Anti Semitism are growing too in Turkey, fucking conspiracy theories take over the world. Ok sir, enjoy your day.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Trump was nightmare obviously. Anyway, I'm not American as you not Turkish based on your Bosnian flag profile picture. But, what I get from this conversation is that Anti American sentiments are growing in Turkish Politics. Don't worry, not just in Turkey, but everywhere, I assume Anti Semitism are growing too in Turkey, fucking conspiracy theories take over the world. Ok sir, enjoy your day.
Have a nice rest of the day too.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom