Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,735
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
At some point Turkey stopped accepting population. I think this was done on purpose to hinder european countries from erasing turks from europe.

The turks in Thrace have had to deal with the worst possible treatment. Denial of their cultures, names, identity etc.

But they’re still hanging in I just hope Turkey underneath it all have supported them as much as possible.

bsruzm

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Last edited:

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,452
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

Turkey can turn Thrace into an issue like Artsakh

Admittedly, Turkish diplomacy is emerging stronger after the Artsakh conflict. Sooner or later the time will come when Thrace (along with the entire agenda of Greek-Turkish issues) will be brought to the forefront.​

Start of the article "Connections between the situation in Greece’s Thrace region, that Turkey is claiming, with Armenia’s Artsakh region."

Turkey is doing what? That article looks like it is for internal consumption. "So, what will be the handling of the Greek government in a similar case, with possible consequences even for the territorial integrity of Greece?"

Why these guys are so obsessed with Turks??!!? If not other at least they have to learn from Armenia that such "we are superior" behavior and enmity against Turkey is not healthy in any way. If they are on the level that the narration of "the evil" Turks are keeping the national morale high I just don't have anything to say about that. This is a sign of ancient nations and cultures losing their national pride in them and deciding to play victims in front of the world while at the same time are expressing maximalist ideas and trying to force it when they don't have either the legal basis nor the capabilities needed. This is wrong and will lead to disaster!

bsruzm

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Start of the article "Connections between the situation in Greece’s Thrace region, that Turkey is claiming, with Armenia’s Artsakh region."

Turkey is doing what? That article looks like it is for internal consumption. "So, what will be the handling of the Greek government in a similar case, with possible consequences even for the territorial integrity of Greece?"

Why these guys are so obsessed with Turks??!!? If not other at least they have to learn from Armenia that such "we are superior" behavior and enmity against Turkey is not healthy in any way. If they are on the level that the narration of "the evil" Turks are keeping the national morale high I just don't have anything to say about that. This is a sign of ancient nations and cultures losing their national pride in them and deciding to play victims in front of the world while at the same time are expressing maximalist ideas and trying to force it when they don't have either the legal basis nor the capabilities needed. This is wrong and will lead to disaster!
This is one of the modest that they wrote =)

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,735
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well the thing is the west turns a blind eye to the happenings on their own side, it’s amazing how little they acknowledge what they are doing. So this kind of creates a reflective response which means, if you don’t want to see your own problems why should I.

old EU before enlargement was a group who worked together to increase political pressure on countries, and with a common new enemy in Turkey they do all sorts of things. New EU countries are new to the game, so they are not quite in the fold.

which is why we get unexpected support from some of these countries, the older EU countries just shut up, and do nothing.

That is partly why countries with muslim majority are being kept out of EU, because one country is enough to render EU unison completely useless.

Vaggos

Reactions
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Greece
I don't think that Pomaks and the other muslim minorities are struggling in Northern Greece. They are respected and they have the same rights as the Greek orthodox or catholic Christians. They are Greek citizens after all! They even have more possibilities compared to a Greek orthodox to find work or enter the university. There are members in the parliament, in different parties also that are Muslim and swore oath under the Koran and the Greek constitution when their parties entered after the elections. So, it smells like another cheap propaganda to me.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,001
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
We should have pushed into Western Thrace during the Turkish independance war too bad we were exhausted at this point.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom