China World biggest ship bulider, China built 247 ships and 7.16 million CGT in the first five months with orders lining up to 2025

xizhimen

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
World biggest ship bulider, China built 247 ships and 7.16 million CGT in the first five months with orders lining up to 2025

Jun 17, 2022

China’s current handheld orders for shipbuilding, rank first in the world which have been scheduled to the year 2025. Three fifths of the orders come from foreign customers such as France and Switzerland.

Affiliated to shipbuilding, China has nine of the top 10 enterprises in the global ship repair business, with output value reaching 35 billion yuan ($5.23bn), another world’s first.

Jagdflieger

Committed member
China Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Germany
World biggest ship bulider, China built 247 ships and 7.16 million CGT in the first five months with orders lining up to 2025

Jun 17, 2022

China’s current handheld orders for shipbuilding, rank first in the world which have been scheduled to the year 2025. Three fifths of the orders come from foreign customers such as France and Switzerland.

Affiliated to shipbuilding, China has nine of the top 10 enterprises in the global ship repair business, with output value reaching 35 billion yuan ($5.23bn), another world’s first.
Switzerland? you sure?

Jagdflieger

Committed member
China Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Germany
This is what this report says, Switzerland does have fleets though.

The article (2020) states: Today, Switzerland’s high seas fleet consists of 27 ships, operated by four shipping companies.

That there are foreign shipping companies that might be registered in Switzerland - I would not exclude that possibility.
Just for a comparison:
German merchant ships operated under German flag around 200. (7 million t.) under foreign flag around around 1500 ships (35 million t.)

Maybe you can dig up some details regarding these Switzerland orders - otherwise I would rather tend to forward, that Switzerland just sounds nice so as to include in a name list.

Sami1234

Reactions
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria
Chinese are built different, i heard they have built 10,000km of highway a year since 2011.

Jagdflieger

Committed member
China Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Germany
Chinese are built different, i heard they have built 10,000km of highway a year since 2011.
Yes Infrastructure accomplishments in China are mind-boggling. And the same applies towards countries that are partners in the one road one world project.
E.g. the quality of highway's and country roads in China - especially those since 2012 are great. Before there was a lot of "dubious" sub-contracting business going on - and one can see the extensive repair-renewal projects that are presently on the way.

Xi's relentless efforts to rid the country of corruption are showing a significant improvement in all walks of life and the countries progress.

Hmm...Algeria - unfortunately I have never been to your country, but I imagine it to be a very scenic and interesting country.

xizhimen

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Xi's relentless efforts to rid the country of corruption are showing a significant improvement in all walks of life and the countries progress.
Hmm...Algeria - unfortunately I have never been to your country, but I imagine it to be a very scenic and interesting country.
But the government zero covid lockdown policies are too harsh than necessary, espcially to Beijing and Shanghai, they significantly disrupted our daily lives , public discontent over these policies is simmering. Beijing has just one locally transmitted case today, finally light in the tunnel after almost 2 months, hopefully our life could be back to normal soon. I have had done virus tests literally every single day for a month already...

Jagdflieger

Committed member
China Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Germany
But the government zero covid lockdown policies are too harsh than necessary, espcially to Beijing and Shanghai, they significantly disrupted our daily lives , public discontent over these policies is simmering. Beijing has just one locally transmitted case today, finally light in the tunnel after almost 2 months, hopefully our life could be back to normal soon. I have had done virus tests literally every single day for a month already...
I feel you xizhimen :) the look-down ended last week around my compound - and is getting hopefully even more relaxed after June.
Before the look-down Shanghai recorded at highest 20,000+ cases - now after 6 weeks it's back to 1-2 digit numbers. That people in general aren't happy is understood. Especially those running small businesses or shops.
But as long as Beijing sticks to it's Zero policy - these Lock-down's will not be avoidable IMO. Let's see if Beijing will continue to do so - or if they can come up with another solution.

In case you would want to continue in this topic - feel free to open a separate topic in the China section. :)

xizhimen

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China

Technology breakthroughs propel China's shipbuilding capability​

Chinese shipyards topped the three major metrics used by the global shipbuilding industry in 2021, with the highest number of completed orders, new orders and orders on hand. As one of the world's leading manufacturers of large-scale liquefied natural gas (LNG) carriers, the country has witnessed rapid development of shipbuilding technologies over the past 20 years. China has already successfully built and delivered more than 30 LNG carriers. China has also already witnessed rapid development in building aircraft carriers and cruise ships.

Top Bottom