Turkiye, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia have agreed to activate “deterrence measures” under the Mecca Alliance to deter the Houthis.
Hakan Fidan pointed out that a diplomatic and peaceful solution is being discussed as well. So, I don't expect a full blown war that Türkiye is involved. They will settle for a deal after a little bit of beating.
Meanwhile, we should hopefully get a base in SA to ensure security of Bab al Mandab and to project power south of Israel.
Apart from securing bases I'm completely opposed to this adventure.
I'm sorry but PKK is politically stronger than ever within Türkiye, Greece feels emboldened, Cyprus is arming up, but sure, let's deploy troops in Saudi Arabia to defend a holy site
This isn't about Israel either. Do you seriously think the US would be so supportive if this alliance was about Israel?
It should be pretty obvious already, that this is all about Iran. We're literally assisting with hunting their proxies lol. We're literally hunting proxies that have fires ballistic missiles at Israel, yet we're supposed to believe that this alliance somehow aims to combat Israel.
What happened to the "ummah"?
I'm not pro-Iranian, but Sunni Islamists are a perplexing bunch.