🇺🇸Problems About US Army Recruitment

Isabella Weisberg

Reactions
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Hi!

Recently, the US government stated that US Army couldn’t meet recruitment targets after going woke and there will be a 28,000-soldier drop from the original projections.

I am wondering what are the main reasons for that? How will those changes impact US army? Could you please kindly quote any army-served incidence, experience or stories when illustrating your ideas?

My brother aimed to join the army first, but later seemed to abandon. Me and my family were confused and looking for more specific information to judge whether to encourage him to join the army or just persuade him to find a job somewhere else.

Hope to get your help! Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 4,890
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
28,000-soldier drop from the original projections.

I am wondering what are the main reasons for that? How will those changes impact US army?
28,000 is a relatively small number, if won't have a large impact at all. Now if it were Australia, then yes that would be a huge deficit here.

On the topic of wokeness, it seems to be spreading into all Western militaries.. Publicly listed companies promote woke culture to boost their ESG score, thus making their investors happy. Due to the military-industrial complex, woke culture trickles into the military itself. I'd also wager that high profile military officials get a hefty pay out to promote wokeness. The reasons why, I can not explain here.

My brother aimed to join the army first, but later seemed to abandon. Me and my family were confused and looking for more specific information to judge whether to encourage him to join the army or just persuade him to find a job somewhere else
If he truly wants to join, he should. He shouldn't let woke culture, or any other issues get in the way. Military's aren't the place for politics, and wokeism won't last for much longer in the military. Particularly if things begin to heat up.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,916
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
This isn't unique to the US military, there has been a major reassessment in all Western militaries on revising troop numbers down (UK is another notable example). Part of it has to do with recruitment targets not being met (which does need to be taken with a grain of salt as the US military does have a habit of claiming that they aren't meeting their projected targets whether it's in recruitment or elsewhere in order to get extra funding) while the rest has to do with changing military doctrine in response to newly proliferated weapons technology.

There is an issue with "woke" politics in some sectors but it's usually shuffled off to places where it can do the least harm. They might make you take a few courses on harassment and microaggressions or whatever but that's usually just a matter of sitting there bored while a HR person lectures the room on personal pronouns.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom