Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Slowly Turkish soft power is rising in Pakistan which should slowly squeeze Saudi influence which gained traction since late 1970s oil boom. The Turkish series Ertrugul has been shown on national PTV and has been a hit.

N

Null/Void

Erdogan the watermellon seller has somwehat tarnished the Turkish brand But I will welcome any soft power push by Ankara towards Pakistan but it has to be realistic portrayal of Modern Turkey none of this neo-Ottoman fantasy please

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Erdogan the watermellon seller has somwehat tarnished the Turkish brand But I will welcome any soft power push by Ankara towards Pakistan but it has to be realistic portrayal of Modern Turkey none of this neo-Ottoman fantasy please
Trust me right now let it be Neo-Ottoman Islamic la la fantasy. Let the Turkish influence first make inroads in Pakistan displacing the Saudi's. Then down the road that will mature and the secular nature will slowly seep in. Over decades consolidating amongst the younger generations.

N

Null/Void

Trust me right now let it be Neo-Ottoman Islamic la la fantasy. Let the Turkish influence first make inroads in Pakistan displacing the Saudi's. Then down the road that will mature and the secular nature will slowly seep in. Over decades consolidating amongst the younger generations.
I hope so but Pakistanis can be a disappointing bunch I fear once the AKP and Erdogan goes bellies up the Turks will focus more on the Turkic kin the ex USSR and also the Balkans more than us we will then have to find someone else to look up to

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,062
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Neo ottoman fantasy promotes our soft power also gets tourists in.

In the past we were usually ashamed of the Ottomans because we saw them as backwards now times have changed.

N

Null/Void

Neo ottoman fantasy promotes our soft power also gets tourists in.

In the past we were usually ashamed of the Ottomans because we saw them as backwards now times have changed.
Its cringe tbh Pakistania take it too seriously

N

Null/Void

Just as I was trying to clear the misconceptions of Turkey certain Pakistanis have the mods screw me again

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Erdoğan only shines the Turkish brand that was tarnished by losers.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom