Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
More like whiny for no reason.

I really cant understand how your brains operate.

The poet you took your nickname after, Fuzuli, was a supporter of the other side in the battle of Chaldiran.

It was a battle against uprising Turkmens and the Ottoman state. I mean it was a battle that brother blood was spilled. It wasnt even a close battle, it wasnt a brilliant victory or anything neither. The numerically and technologically inferior side was obliterated under musket volleyfires and cannons. Sth like Native American massacre.

Out of all the battles and wars and brilliant victories in Turkish history, was this what they could come up with?

I mean I really see no reason to name a drone after such a battle. I would still get Dandanakan, it was also a battle between two Turkic armies but at least the underdog side won the battle so it was an impressive victory.

And we sold the predecessor system of these to Azerbaijan, am I the only one seeing the irony here?

We dont need Armenians, we already have ourselves.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,264
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I really cant understand how your brains operate.

The poet you took your nickname after, Fuzuli, was a supporter of the other side in the battle of Chaldiran.

It was a battle against uprising Turkmens and the Ottoman state. I mean it was a battle that brother blood was spilled. It wasnt even a close battle, it wasnt a brilliant victory or anything neither. The numerically and technologically inferior side was obliterated under musket volleyfires and cannons. Sth like Native American massacre.

Out of all the battles and wars and brilliant victories in Turkish history, was this what they could come up with?

I mean I really see no reason to name a drone after such a battle. I would still get Dandanakan, it was also a battle between two Turkic armies but at least the underdog side won the battle so it was an impressive victory.

And we sold the predecessor system of these to Azerbaijan, am I the only one seeing the irony here?

We dont need Armenians, we already have ourselves.
My nick is none of your business.
You've got too much time on your hand thinking about silly things.
Move on.

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Isn't these type of pictures risky for national security? It reveals critical parts of a system, which device is where. IMO An laser air defence system in the future could target specific component to down the drone easily. Whatever, they like bragging and propaganda more than security.
It is... let’s say Akıncı is downed, at a basic level the opposition can compare the wreckage with those reference photos. They can identify something critical in any photo. So why do people take those risks: For twitter likes.

Why I can’t find any similar photos for Israeli Heron? Why I can’t see their engineers’ faces, signatures, 4k documentaries on youtube, clean computer screens?

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is... let’s say Akıncı is downed, at a basic level the opposition can compare the wreckage with those reference photos. They can identify something critical in any photo. So why do people take those risks: For twitter likes.

Why I can’t find any similar photos for Israeli Heron? Why I can’t see their engineers’ faces, signatures, 4k documentaries on youtube, clean computer screens?

Here, let me help you out...
heron_iai_6.jpg
heron_p_4.jpg
heron_p_5.jpg
heron_p_6.jpg
heron_p_13.jpg

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,156
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You really cant just say ''yeah, I understand your concern. They indeed made a bad judgement call, they could have gone for a more appropriate name'' can you? Then I would really have moved on.

But criticising that would make you a ''traitor™'' wouldnt it?

So instead you are getting hostile like a child.

This forum is full of state worshipping rightists.

Edit:
For those who didnt understand I used and will be using traitor with ''™'' trademark symbol. Its Akp's trademark after all since only they get to use it.

Çaldıran is a good name with good phonetics.
Nobody cares about times of yore.
There is no point in bringing it up.

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
size-matters.png

Ok I stand corrected. There are some old grainy photos from 2008. Maybe we can find high quality ones too, there are a dozen on https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/iai-heron?phrase=iai heron&sort=mostpopular

Maybe the photos are investigated and declassified for public use?

Can you say the same for Baykar?

Akıncı is going to be a strategic UAV for Turkey, is on the prototype phase, Baykar is embargoed by many sources...

Last edited:

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ok I stand corrected. There are some old grainy photos from 2008. Maybe we can find high quality ones too, there are a dozen on https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/iai-heron?phrase=iai heron&sort=mostpopular

Maybe the photos are investigated and declassified for public use?

Can you say the same for Baykar?

Akıncı is going to be a strategic UAV for Turkey, is on the prototype phase, Baykar is embargoed by many sources...

Strawman argument.

Could you point out some subsystems in those pictures that have been embargoed ?

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Strawman argument.

Could you point out some subsystems in those pictures that have been embargoed ?
Your argument is a strawman argument: Israeli photos.

I did not say anything in the photo is embargoed but there is a risk for information leak in every photo.

On Akıncı documentary all personnel could be seen in 4k, their signatures are visible on the white board, the computer displays are clearly shown.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
A missile hit or anything else would destroy it anyway (if it can find), my point is mostly about new type of directed laser air defence (which targets small area), anti uav systems and small interception systems on individual vehicles. Anyway as mentioned, a lot of western systems also declassified, thank you for answers.

ANGMAR

Committed member
Egypt Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Egypt
Nation of origin
Egypt
can aksungur do a ski-jump from the TCG Anadolu deck ?

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
can aksungur do a ski-jump from the TCG Anadolu deck ?
Even if the runway is moved toward port side where the left wing overhangs a bit, it is not possible for Anka, Aksungur and Akinci to land or take off from TCG Anadolu as there just isn’t enough clearance for safe movement on deck and in lifts unless wings are fully collapsible. Also I don’t see our navy allowing these UAV’s landing and taking off with half their wings outside the deck. Only UAV that has safe wing clearance is TB2. But that also needs arresting hooks and strengthened landing gears. Also navalised equipment to withstand salty sea water.
A purpose built plane with possibly a delta wing to give more lift with smaller wingspan is the way to go. A plane like below with more delta wing area would make it easier to take off under it’s own power, especially if it has deck brakes to hold it until necessary engine power has been reached, then releasing it.. It will still need hooks and arrester wire for landing.

1616521111556.jpeg

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,053
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Baykar getting all the new contracts + orders for Akinci while there's at least two competent competitors. Its starting to sound a lot like BMC.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Baykar getting all the new contracts + orders for Akinci while there's at least two competent competitors. Its starting to sound a lot like BMC.

Like Vestel, who on-record said they had no desire to produce critical components of the Karayel-SU domestically or TAI who is pretty much producing everything anyway and are swamped with the amount of projects they currently have..

Sounds like you're witch hunting for the sake of political conjuncture, which is a shame really - Baykar has lots of growth potential with a young, enthusiastic and passionate team of engineers. I smell past wrongs in aviation repeating itself with such attitude from fellow Turks..

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,533
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Like Vestel, who on-record said they had no desire to produce critical components of the Karayel-SU domestically or TAI who is pretty much producing everything anyway and are swamped with the amount of projects they currently have..

Sounds like you're witch hunting for the sake of political conjuncture, which is a shame really - Baykar has lots of growth potential with a young, enthusiastic and passionate team of engineers. I smell past wrongs in aviation repeating itself with such attitude from fellow Turks..
Monopoly is a bad thing though.

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have to say this though: Baykar is getting all the credit.
There are game of drones videos in youtube for example.

It is always TB2 and Akinci.

I mean I get TB2 because it is a tactical UCAV so we see a lot more action from it alright but...videos also promoted Akinji(which wasnt out at the time) and completely neglected Anka and Aksungur.

It is like as if this country only has two combat drones: TB2 and Akinci.

These are just the drone side, also the work of the Mam missiles and Koral EW systems are also neglected.

I mean people in this forum of course would know or someone into this subject would also know but the mainstream media says TB2s shot Russian air defense systems. I wonder if they could shoot them without Koral interrupting.

Top Bottom