Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Pay attention to the 19th second in the video. Every time I see this aircraft from the tail, it feels like a Ferrari on LPG. For the AI-25TLT, only seems an additional connection at nozzle from outside (and probably some others inside fuselage) for closing gap. So I have the impression that when the KE's B variant is ready, all the KEs produced so far at that date will probably be able to get install more powerful engines without even returning to the factory, which will be something like AI-322F in the first stage.

Last edited:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,087
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
9 9,055
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Incredible how effective FPV drones, with an RPG warhead attached, are in the Ukraine war. Both side is using them in a swarm mode taking out infantry, IFV, Tanks, supply convoys at the price of $500 per unit.

Turkiye an other countries need to take notes here.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,679
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Incredible how effective FPV drones, with an RPG warhead attached, are in the Ukraine war. Both side is using them in a swarm mode taking out infantry, IFV, Tanks, supply convoys at the price of $500 per unit.

Turkiye an other countries need to take notes here.
We already have that.

Edit: Not to mention we also have Kargu to fill in the roll of rotary wing kamikaze drone that Ukraine and Russia also uses

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
9 9,055
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
We already have that.

Edit: Not to mention we also have Kargu to fill in the roll of rotary wing kamikaze drone that Ukraine and Russia also uses

I know about these - however, Kargu is in the rather expensive category compared to these $500 per unit solutions.

Turkiye needs a cheaper solution for mass use by infantry on enemy positions, personnel, armor and vehicles.

Just look at the below. Trading a $500 dollar drone with an RPG warhead attached for a L2 A6.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
10 3,811
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I know about these - however, Kargu is in the rather expensive category compared to these $500 per unit solutions.

Turkiye needs a cheaper solution for mass use by infantry on enemy positions, personnel, armor and vehicles.

Just look at the below. Trading a $500 dollar drone with an RPG warhead attached for a L2 A6.

The best solution is this

We have various 30mm cannons to use, newest one is the Venom LR. You can slap those on everything from 4x4 APC to MBT. Its time for the Armed Forces to abandon their love for the puny 25mm which couldn't even penetrate walls in Syria and move to serious firepower.

30mm for 4x4 APC/MRAP/MBT and 35/40mm for IFV wheeled and tracked.

Another operation in Syria with the equipment we have right now and we will see dozens of turkish tanks and apcs taken out by the same kind of drones.

This is just the beginning in the near future you will have groups of 20-30 drones equipped with rpg warheads swarming whole armored groups taking out dozens of tanks and armored vehicles for literally the cost of a single 4x4 if even that. And with AI there won't even be a operator on the other hand. A UGV equipped with a launcher will launch dozens of drones and AI will lead them to their target.

Last edited:

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,223
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
The best solution is this

We have various 30mm cannons to use, newest one is the Venom LR. You can slap those on everything from 4x4 APC to MBT. Its time for the Armed Forces to abandon their love for the puny 25mm which couldn't even penetrate walls in Syria and move to serious firepower.

30mm for 4x4 APC/MRAP/MBT and 35/40mm for IFV wheeled and tracked.

that will make the tank expensive and heavy....

A unit of SPAAG like Korkut is needed in modern battlefield.

Era_shield

Contributor
Reactions
6 2,953
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

We can do a lot better than those FPV drones. They have low payload weight, short range, and they lose radio contact when they approach their target. Instead of that, we should be making drones which are either quadcopter or fixed wing which can release mortars/grenades with automatic ballistic targeting. This way the per-sortie cost is even lower than those crappy FPV drones, optics are much better, they don't lose radio contact due to having to drop down to ground level, they can do their own post-engagement damage reporting, etc.

Aloster

Reactions
1 129
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We can do a lot better than those FPV drones. They have low payload weight, short range, and they lose radio contact when they approach their target. Instead of that, we should be making drones which are either quadcopter or fixed wing which can release mortars/grenades with automatic ballistic targeting. This way the per-sortie cost is even lower than those crappy FPV drones, optics are much better, they don't lose radio contact due to having to drop down to ground level, they can do their own post-engagement damage reporting, etc.
We already have them since 2020-2021 . But I dont know they are in inventory or not. May be they are the first systems. Because their test start before war.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,907
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
ANKA-3 will be conducting her maiden flight in around 2 weeks. Murat Özpala & his Hürkuş (most likely the developmental prototype he has been piloting) will accompany it during the flight.

Era_shield

Contributor
Reactions
6 2,953
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
We already have them since 2020-2021 . But I dont know they are in inventory or not. May be they are the first systems. Because their test start before war.

I don't think these have any kind of ballistic targeting system yet. At the moment it's just a big drone that can drop mortars.

Aloster

Reactions
1 129
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't think these have any kind of ballistic targeting system yet. At the moment it's just a big drone that can drop mortars.
At this system a 100 hz visual ballistic orbit calculation and targeting system exists, If it counts. 2019 it firstly introduced for Hurkuş. 2020 it fired from Songar. Actually it is very different and better than big drones that can drop mortars. It seems very cheap and efficient acc to other alternatives. May be it is not Mam-T but around it with thermobaric type. Also very similar to Mam-L with its lethal area. From Ukraine-Russian war we see how ammunition easily finished. At this scale conflict/war we have to distinguish target values. Because we can only use Mam-c ,l,t , cirit,sungur and others high tech type ammunitions for high value targets. But for ordinary infantry, buildings, or like that not high valued target we have to use togan and similar type ammunitions.

Era_shield

Contributor
Reactions
6 2,953
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
At this system a 100 hz visual ballistic orbit calculation and targeting system exists, If it counts. 2019 it firstly introduced for Hurkuş. 2020 it fired from Songar. Actually it is very different and better than big drones that can drop mortars. It seems very cheap and efficient acc to other alternatives. May be it is not Mam-T but around it with thermobaric type. Also very similar to Mam-L with its lethal area. From Ukraine-Russian war we see how ammunition easily finished. At this scale conflict/war we have to distinguish target values. Because we can only use Mam-c ,l,t , cirit,sungur and others high tech type ammunitions for high value targets. But for ordinary infantry, buildings, or like that not high valued target we have to use togan and similar type ammunitions.

They don't advertise it but I see an air speed sensor on it. That should be enough to do basic targeting on a stationary target from directly above (and not very high above), but it really needs a rangefinder to be as effective as an FPV drone.

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
20 2,077
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
SONGAR with six METE and a laser designator?

20230614_185303.jpg
20230614_185104.jpg

Aloster

Reactions
1 129
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
They don't advertise it but I see an air speed sensor on it. That should be enough to do basic targeting on a stationary target from directly above (and not very high above), but it really needs a rangefinder to be as effective as an FPV drone.
I m not sure they needs or not range finder. If I understand truly, 2 thing very interesting about Togan system . First it is not standard ammunition , it is a module connected to 81 mm mortar ammunition so modified 81 mm ammunition we have. Not basic mortar ammunition like Ukraine used. (acc. to open sources) with aid of this module it has ability of two dimensional guidance a kind of very very basic HGK (my thought). Second interesting thing it has real time updated DTED ( Digital Terrain Elevation Data) on carrier platform so they know platform speed, terrain data of target. I think with the aid of this combination togan ammunition can engage target when platform/plane/UCAV at relatively high speed (I really curious about it can make some mid course correction or not) so it differs from basic drones. It also (it is just my speculation) can be / may be engage high speed targets like car, or sea platform which not make evasive maneuvering if they know the target speed in a route. Probably it will not be too successful but worth to try in case of emergency.

GUIDANCE
2D guidance capability mounted on 81 mm ball mortar
Compatible with 81mm mortars in inventory

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom