DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,384
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
This would be like a squad carrying their own close air support around. "Oh what's that there are enemies over 1 km away? Alright then, time for close air support drone."

If you wanna deploy it at squad level, you will need 112-115 at brigade level and 350 per division.
That would be lot.

E

Era_shield

I m not sure they needs or not range finder. If I understand truly, 2 thing very interesting about Togan system . First it is not standard ammunition , it is a module connected to 81 mm mortar ammunition so modified 81 mm ammunition we have. Not basic mortar ammunition like Ukraine used. (acc. to open sources) with aid of this module it has ability of two dimensional guidance a kind of very very basic HGK (my thought). Second interesting thing it has real time updated DTED ( Digital Terrain Elevation Data) on carrier platform so they know platform speed, terrain data of target. I think with the aid of this combination togan ammunition can engage target when platform/plane/UCAV at relatively high speed (I really curious about it can make some mid course correction or not) so it differs from basic drones. It also (it is just my speculation) can be / may be engage high speed targets like car, or sea platform which not make evasive maneuvering if they know the target speed in a route. Probably it will not be too successful but worth to try in case of emergency.

GUIDANCE
2D guidance capability mounted on 81 mm ball mortar
Compatible with 81mm mortars in inventory
Hmm, yes, if the drone has terrain data and knows its elevation, that's enough to do vertical drops with good accuracy. To target laterally a rangefinder would still be needed but maybe this isn't necessary. Thanks for the info, it seems our guys know what they're doing.

That's interesting about the 2D course correction. Basically like an ATGM without a rocket, or a MAM without a seeker (SACLOS). It's a good idea.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Jackal's jammer tests completed!

"As part of our efforts to ensure that our unmanned aerial vehicle Jackal fulfills its mission smoothly in all conditions, we successfully completed the flight test with full control and stability against jamming jammer devices."

A heavier class naval VTOL based on the Jackal could enable the company to grow very aggressively. I hope company officials are aware of this.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,533
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Jackal's jammer tests completed!

"As part of our efforts to ensure that our unmanned aerial vehicle Jackal fulfills its mission smoothly in all conditions, we successfully completed the flight test with full control and stability against jamming jammer devices."

A heavier class naval VTOL based on the Jackal could enable the company to grow very aggressively. I hope company officials are aware of this.
Should we also revise effectiveness our jammers unless Jackal moves autonomously? 😅

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
A heavier class naval VTOL based on the Jackal could enable the company to grow very aggressively.
They would have to increase its payload at least up to 10 or 20 times for it to be actually useful for navy though. Any drone for the navy should be able to carry lightweight torpedoes or anti-ship missiles depending on the mission, along with necessary sensors.

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,243
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Seems the french are aiming to compete with Akinci. But I’m curious as to which strings they will attach to these tvat’ll enable them to compete with Akinci.
My guess is; they are going to sell these at a very high price to the geopolitical competitors of Akıncı users. The French are very innovative prople when it comes to war profiteering.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Seems the french are aiming to compete with Akinci. But I’m curious as to which strings they will attach to these tvat’ll enable them to compete with Akinci.

Turgis&Gaillard was the design office in charge of developing Gerfaut, a system for integrating French precision guided munitions. It is also active in various industrial fields. Given the bureaucratic cumbersomeness of France's giant aerospace companies on UAV developing, there is indeed a chance that the project could actually proceed in a healthy way. The system is positioned as a direct AKINCI competitor. When we look at the specs, we can say that AKINCI has created a class. Of course, the operational efficiency and the design of the whole system is a different matter.

Screenshot-2023-06-16-at-1.32.01-PM.png

Not related to this but, based on the Hurkuş design, a 1500hp CAS/Attack drone should be developed, which is very agile and can also play an anti-UCAV role for various heavy drones and some other rotary/fixed light aircrafts by unmanned this system. With this type of conversion, unmanned aircraft derivated from Hurkuş can carry up to 2 tons of rockets, missiles, and even heavy guns, and more fuel. So I think the idea of a single 1200hp or more powerfull prop engine in these types of drones is not bad at all and we should utulitize in our solutions too.

Last edited:

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
The only class UAV what is not saturated is AKINCI HALE, MALE like ANKA and TB2 is not possible to compete :LOL:. Ther system will be still expensive.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
When will Anka-3 fly? Nice interview only about anka3.

they are planing to fly end of June...

Last edited:

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nice pictures. BTW, We need drones that will fly smoothly, especially in bad weather conditions. When the Kahramanmaraş Earthquake happened and the weather conditions were bad, our drones could not fly. I think we need to fix this weakness immediately.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom