Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,187
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Are we talking about numbers or which UAV was armed firstly?
Which UAV made a difference by effectively killing enemies is what matters. Experimental firings without operationsal achievements is useles. TB2 has been the sharp sword of the Turkish military by killing enemies. Cirit is not even being used on UAVs. MAM-L and MAM-C made history.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Supply chains are critical...

"Due to supply problems, we had to make many parts of ANKA-3 in the workshop. We also had problems with these parts that we made ourselves. There was an asymmetry issue with the brakes, which we solved. If we fly it in June, we will fly it within 17 months after the start of the project."

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,856
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Which UAV made a difference by effectively killing enemies is what matters. Experimental firings without operationsal achievements is useles. TB2 has been the sharp sword of the Turkish military by killing enemies. Cirit is not even being used on UAVs. MAM-L and MAM-C made history.

This was NEVER the issue. They claimed, Baykar TB2 was the first Turkish armed UAV. Is that right or is that wrong?
Btw, I would not bet, that Cirit was never used on a battleground.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,187
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This was NEVER the issue. They claimed, Baykar TB2 was the first Turkish armed UAV. Is that right or is that wrong?
Btw, I was not bet, that Cirit was never used on a battleground.
You were not bet what ? You bet Cirit was used or was not? Anyway.

Who is anyone to say Baykar was not first when Baykar with 3500 personnel say they are.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Was ANKA the first armed drone? Hmmm could be I can not recall. I only remember that somewhere in 2014 TB-2 armed drones were shown.

Anyway does not matter, they are both our drones. Proud of them both!

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,856
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
You were not bet what ? You bet Cirit was used or was not? Anyway.

Who is anyone to say Baykar was not first when Baykar with 3500 personnel say they are.

That Cirit was never used in a combat.
I believe in numbers, not what people are saying. If Anka has carried and fired a bomb/missile in 2011, and TB2 did. same two years later. TB-2 can never be the first. A simple arithmetic.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,856
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Was ANKA the first armed drone? Hmmm could be I can not recall. I only remember that somewhere in 2014 TB-2 armed drones were shown.

I can recall very well. Even the incredible shout of a Cirit with amazing maneuverability, where they switched from one target to another just in less than a second.

guest12

Reactions
2 876
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Anka was first with Cirit but because how heavy Cirit was and Anka's payload limit being under 100 kg there were no missile lightweigth enough to be used on Anka.Since putting only 1 cirit on one wing of Anka was not a good idea(you know balance thing) and Cirit was also couldn't be used in guided free fall manner(being a rocket can be fired only towards direct line) Anka with Cirit did see much combat.During thing period TB-2 developed but TB-2 carried same payload limitation problem in fact TB-2's original payload was 70-80 kg something even lower than Ankas.Finally Roketsan came out with MAM family missiles , as lightweigth laser guided missiles they were just perfect for payload limitation problem.After that MAM family used for both Anka and TB-2.

So first weaponized UAV was Anka with Cirit. @Zafer

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,856
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Anka was first with Cirit but because how heavy Cirit was and Anka's payload limit being under 100 kg there were no missile lightweigth enough to be used on Anka.Since putting only 1 cirit on one wing of Anka was not a good idea(you know balance thing) and Cirit was also couldn't be used in guided free fall manner(being a rocket can be fired only towards direct line) Anka with Cirit did see much combat.During thing period TB-2 developed but TB-2 carried same payload limitation problem in fact TB-2's original payload was 70-80 kg something even lower than Ankas.Finally Roketsan came out with MAM family missiles , as lightweigth laser guided missiles they were just perfect for payload limitation problem.After that MAM family used for both Anka and TB-2.

So first weaponized UAV was Anka with Cirit. @Zafer
Anna’s payload was under 100kg???

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,790
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
How is it compare to lancet especially with regard to range,payload and duration.
Similar but different.
Deli has a 3.1 kg explosive payload with a MTOW of 13kg and 85km range. It stays in the air for 75minutes while cruising at 80km/h and has a top speed of 180km/h. It can operate day and night against sea or land surface targets. It is capable of target search and classification with artificial intelligence. It can operate fully autonomously and fly in swarms when necessary. It has an operational altitude of 150-500m and can fly at up to 3500m altitudes.
1687772444190.jpeg

Lancet has a maximum range of 40km and has an explosive payload of 3kg with a MTOW of 12kg. It dives in supposedly at a speed of 300km/hr to its target. It has electro optic control system for target acquisition. The drone can fly at a speed from 80 to 110 km/h with a maximum endurance of 40 minutes. It features autonomous flight operations made possible through onboard artificial intelligence or pre-programming.
1687773235400.jpeg

1687789735423.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom