Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
The foam is fitted to soak up the gas in the tank so there won't be a spillover in case of sharp turning and sometimes vehicle somersaulting.

The foam is mostly air, so it doesn’t reduce the capacity of the cell. However, it provides a few key benefits:

• It reduces sloshing.
  • This reduces fuel aeration and improves fuel delivery.
  • It also helps with weight distribution and vehicle handling.
  • It occupies the free space inside the cell.
  • This prevents fuel vapor and air from concentrating.
  • In the event of a fire, this reduces the risk of an explosion.
  • In cells with a bladder, the foam holds its shape.
It avoids the fuel spill when driving.

images (19).jpeg

Fuel tank

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,952
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Damn I really gonna comment and say thats cheap.

It really makes it look cheap while at the time such a cheap thing makes such a huge difference 😮

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
They shouldn'tve sold Pakistan TB2s. It won't take too long for them to get in Chinese hands. Like they did with Blackhawks.

I know it's not a high tech device, but I just dont want Chinese to touch them. US wasnt allowing T129 sale because of that.

But the new government seems to be more US friendly than Chinese. And looks like our government is also okey with that regime chance since they didnt said any thing bad about it. Normaly they would say they are not okey with it.

Bayraktar TB2

Contributor
Reactions
They shouldn'tve sold Pakistan TB2s. It won't take too long for them to get in Chinese hands. Like they did with Blackhawks.

I know it's not a high tech device, but I just dont want Chinese to touch them. US wasnt allowing T129 sale because of that.

But the new government seems to be more US friendly than Chinese. And looks like our government is also okey with that regime chance since they didnt said any thing bad about it. Normaly they would say they are not okey with it.
Baykar sold 6 to Niger lol. It ain't high tech mostly COTS.. Its the software that's hightech..

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,680
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Raider means Akıncı. 118kts is lower than the average cruise speed of 150kts but certainly above the stall limits of Akıncı.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,548
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Russian Armed Forces destroyed the workshops of the Motor Sich plant in Zaporozhye, which produced engines for Ukrainian combat aviation and drones, with a missile strike.

What will happen to Akinci & Mius now ?
What's the status of "Black Sea Shield" ?

the engines of ATAK-2 are manifactured in Turkiye. no idea about akinci and kizilelma tho. maybe @TheInsider could answer your question.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,680
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If I remember correctly 14 engines for Atak 2 will be delivered in 3 years(8 for prototypes+6 for the delivery of the first 3 Atak 2). The first 2 engines will be delivered in September 2022 and those will be directly delivered from Ukraine no info for the rest of the engines. The national production part might cover the rest or more likely serial production of the engine in Turkiye after the first 3 Atak II is delivered in 2025.

Currently, engines of Akıncı and Kızılelma come directly from Ukraine there are plans to produce those locally in Turkiye but there are still no concrete steps or announcements yet. There are plans to produce 500 engines if I remember correctly.

Cenkcnk

Committed member
Reactions
1 354
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It was no surprise and precautions should have been taken. We mentioned that at the very beginning of the conflict. Software, hardware, engineers, blueprints should have been moved to TR or somewhere safe.
I hope they already have done this.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,124
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TEI has superior production facilities. If the Black Sea Shield Company acquired the design information TEI can produce the engines in no time.

Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would really like to see the production of tf engines up to 10.000lbf whether as indigenious production or under licence of motor sich. We really need those engines for the mius and may be for next gen bomber after akinci, awacs and soj type of uavs.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom