Aselsan Minbo(MIniature BOmb) Block II

Turan

Reactions
1 350
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Bayraktar AKINCI TİHA Export to Azerbaijan!

T3 Chairman of the Board of Trustees and Baykar Technology Technology Leader Selçuk Bayraktar made a statement to Haber Global in Baku, where TEKNOFEST was held. In his speech, Selçuk Bayraktar announced for the first time Bayraktar AKINCI TİHA exports to Azerbaijan. Bayraktar said, “Although it is our duty as an engineer to develop high technology, the main thing is where and for what purpose it is used. The performance of Bayraktar SİHAs and the performance of the Turkish armies in the Karabakh war is the greatest sign of pride for us as engineers. Haluk Bayraktar and I were awarded the Order of Karabakh. I can say that it is one of the engagements we have received with the greatest pride. Hopefully, we will see AKINCI in the skies of Azerbaijan." he said. Currently, Azerbaijani pilots are training for AKINCI TİHA in Turkey.

Osman

Committed member
Reactions
2 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Laçin became a kgk with IIR guidance. Its range should be around 110 km.

Gözde aselsan? I suppose they are working together with Sage

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,806
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is look like UAV production per month is greater than production of highest CAT.
Summary about CAT
"We have reached a level where we can produce 6 per month, we are trying to increase this to 10. Cats is a family of products."

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is look like UAV production per month is greater than production of highest CAT.
Summary about CAT
"We have reached a level where we can produce 6 per month, we are trying to increase this to 10. Cats is a family of products."
True UAV production rate is more than the CATS production rate. Aselsan is increasing CATS production to 12 per month(even though it says 10 in your link) from 6 but this is still not enough. 6 per month is 72 per year 12 per month is 144 per year this is enough for Turkish needs but it still comes short for exports.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Recently we have been fed with a lot of;
Shall
Will
Going to
But we really need to hear ;
“We have secured a deal for the engines of TFX, Hurjet, Atak-2 and MIUS.”
Because without engines these projects are dead even before they have started.
We do not want another Altay story in our hands with Hurjet, TFX and MIUS.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Recently we have been fed with a lot of;
Shall
Will
Going to
But we really need to hear ;
“We have secured a deal for the engines of TFX, Hurjet, Atak-2 and MIUS.”
Because without engines these projects are dead even before they have started.
We do not want another Altay story in our hands with Hurjet, TFX and MIUS.
There can only be delays in the procuring of engines. We are looking for foreign engines just to speed up the projects, we have plans to make the engines ourselves for the longer term. That longer term can be shrunk to a shorter term if the probablity of a foreign engine turns out to be small. TF6000 for MIUS class will be the springboard to propell Türkiye to become an engine powerhouse, which actually TS1400 did initially. MIUS with a domestic engine can be made in great numbers which can overpower all enemies but the super indebted superpower. MIUS class will buy us the time to complete other projects at our own pace. Calling those projets dead is groundless. When all our projects are completed we can be considered number two and all this without a big burden of debt.

Last edited:

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
There can only be delays in the procuring of engines. We are looking for foreign engines just to speed up the projects, we have plans to make the engines ourselves for the longer term. That longer term can be shrunk to a shorter term if the probablity of a foreign engine turns out to be small. TF6000 for MIUS class will be the springboard to propell Türkiye to become an engine powerhouse, which actually TS1400 did initially. MIUS with a domestic engine can be made in great numbers which can overpower all enemies but the super indebted superpower. MIUS class will buy us the time to complete other projects at our own pace. Calling those projets dead is groundless. When all our projects are completed we can be considered number two and all this without a big burden of debt.
I wish I had your optimism on these matters. But having lived through an Altay fiasco and blockage of sales of Atak-129 to Pakistan due to engines, one becomes rather sceptical.
With respect to engines related to our air platforms we have nothing concrete in hand. The only engine we have is the TS1400. And that is still 2 to 3 years away before it’s serial production stage.
TF6000 you mention is not even mentioned by the officials. I hope we are all right in thinking that it is being made. But a small turbofan engine of 6000lbf level is far from being a springboard if you don’t have the necessary expertise and know how to build a 30000+lbf class turbofan, or get help build it. I don’t mean that we can’t build it. But the time it would take to build it would be too long. (Prof Aksit gives a timeframe of 12-14 years.)
As it stands today; We don’t have a working engine for Hurjet that we can say is ours. We don’t have an engine for TFX either. Even the first 4++ generation production planes that are supposed to be delivered by or just before 2030, have to rely on US engines, that can be blocked at any time.
Until we have a solid agreement with RR regarding local engine manufacturing, I am afraid some of us will still be having sleepless nights.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wish I had your optimism on these matters. But having lived through an Altay fiasco and blockage of sales of Atak-129 to Pakistan due to engines, one becomes rather sceptical.
With respect to engines related to our air platforms we have nothing concrete in hand. The only engine we have is the TS1400. And that is still 2 to 3 years away before it’s serial production stage.
TF6000 you mention is not even mentioned by the officials. I hope we are all right in thinking that it is being made. But a small turbofan engine of 6000lbf level is far from being a springboard if you don’t have the necessary expertise and know how to build a 30000+lbf class turbofan, or get help build it. I don’t mean that we can’t build it. But the time it would take to build it would be too long. (Prof Aksit gives a timeframe of 12-14 years.)
As it stands today; We don’t have a working engine for Hurjet that we can say is ours. We don’t have an engine for TFX either. Even the first 4++ generation production planes that are supposed to be delivered by or just before 2030, have to rely on US engines, that can be blocked at any time.
Until we have a solid agreement with RR regarding local engine manufacturing, I am afraid some of us will still be having sleepless nights.
I would call Altay a fiasco if there was no BATU engine in the making.

Actually it is 10 -14 years that is mentioned by Mr Akşit. And they have already made their preliminary studies.

TF6000 might be the best kept secret by our industry but there were engines being developed from TS1400 development cores even 5 years ago, we have seen at tradeshow stands.

Hürjet is a limited production project and is not all that important as it is trainers and light attack, I would skip an engine made for it and rely on US engines if any, if not the US is in for big consequences.

It will be better if we make our own F16 equivalent from the TFX engine.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not just the exorbitant price tag, but the very fact that when it was ready for serial production by the end of 2016 having completed initial tests; it is still not going to be in serial production for at least another couple of years. That is the biggest fiasco! 6 years on we are still not sure if the SKorean power pack will be acceptable for the serial production to start.
For TFX and Hurjet, F110 and F404 engine supply can easily dry up overnight. What are we to do if that happens?
Any project that needs high technology engines, is a candidate for problem if it doesn’t have a local supply solution lined up.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Aero derivative marine turbine from TF6000 and tank derivative piston marine engines from BATU , but what are they good for? Fast attack boats and USVs, what class can they power?

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Aero derivative marine turbine from TF6000 and tank derivative piston marine engines from BATU , but what are they good for? Fast attack boats and USVs, what class can they power?
Maybe next FACs. BMC POWER is also working on marine piston engines.

TNAHN

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When germany imposed an engine embargo, everyone blamed bmc. Today, the same situation can happen to tusaş and baykar for different reasons. If the engines do not come because of the war, will tusaş and baykar be blamed? or should we blame russia? crazy questions in my mind.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom