TR UAV/UCAV Programs | Anka - series | Kızılelma | TB - series

zio

Reactions
4 437
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I was following SSM web page that there was two project at the beginning one is catapult uav the other is classic.Vestel won the catapult uavs project but they did not make it,but classic one.It was a mistake.

Last edited:

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 505
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am support the baykar firm and aware what happened on the process of TB2,but there are something goes wrong,these firm and other instutions never said about price of TB2 in domestic ,they did not open public for their earnings years to come.And we ordinary people wonder why?.
Because they don't have to, making the price public will encourage foreign customers to negotiate more. Also, it is not a public company, so there is no obligation to share.

99 percent of companies opens their earnings,it would not be a secret.When someone ask about the price of uavs,they are saying that its cheaper than heron.means nothing.
It means nothing to you, not to the countries they sell to.

Also, how many high-end defense products you saw have a fixed price tag? Think of globally, F-35, F-16, Rafale, etc. They all have price ranges affected by plenty of things, such as strategic partnership, size of purchase, tech transfers, possible locally produced parts, etc. Also, the range sometimes starts from free of charge.

zio

Reactions
4 437
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Attachments

• E950EE9D-B9A4-4729-9EC6-FC78E80170AD.jpeg
    E950EE9D-B9A4-4729-9EC6-FC78E80170AD.jpeg
    836.1 KB · Views: 100

Era_shield

Contributor
Reactions
6 2,953
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yeah well, Elon Musk is going to be on Mars back in 2021. As someone who is very well-acquainted with the history of AI and its nature, I'm very skeptical of claims on General AI. But limited AI assistance already happens in 4.5, 5th gen fighters and ground control is something planned for all 6th projects. But the pilot, and human decision making with full contextual awareness inside the plane is crucial for the foreseeable future as wingman concepts will need a central command structure.
I agree for General AI but piloting doesn't require GAI, it's more of an expert system, and now they've trained them to the point that they can beat expert pilots in a dogfight. Of course, there's more to being a jet pilot than just dog-fighting, but we're a lot closer to an AI-based jet pilot that can beat any human than we are to a GAI that's more intelligent than a human.

Maedhros

Reactions
1 44
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I agree with what @zio said. If some arrows are directed at you through your economic relations with the state, the best thing to do is to be transparent and explain the data at hand. It is not a nice approach to slander other companies by going on a news channel.

Pilatino

Reactions
3 663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I agree for General AI but piloting doesn't require GAI, it's more of an expert system, and now they've trained them to the point that they can beat expert pilots in a dogfight. Of course, there's more to being a jet pilot than just dog-fighting, but we're a lot closer to an AI-based jet pilot that can beat any human than we are to a GAI that's more intelligent than a human.

In PC games if developer wants it's impossible to defeat AI. I think it's not that hard to apply the similar codes to a real thing. Moreover in the real life there are much more potential because of machine learning and big data processing abilities. Most of the people says that we have 10+ years to see AI is actively fighting in the war theater but I disagree that idea. Baykar and Selçuk thinks like me too I guess that's why he's working on it. I'm very optimistic about the results. We are so lucky that someone is trying to be pioneer in this field in Türkiye.

P.S. call me an idiot if you want but in the future there won't be any place for humans in air warfare due to the limits of humans. Pilots faints after s certain G force but when there's no human in it the plane can do miracles like breaking AA missile locks by doing extraordinary turns.

P.S.2 you can call me crazy now I don't care :) In long term, humans are condemned to kneel to robots. Future will be theirs not us thanks to our greed and curiosity.

Last edited:

zio

Reactions
4 437
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
is there any detailed document that Ankas owners and numbers,including domestic.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I agree with what @zio said. If some arrows are directed at you through your economic relations with the state, the best thing to do is to be transparent and explain the data at hand. It is not a nice approach to slander other companies by going on a news channel.
It is a mistake to not have revealed what other companies did and not have disgraced them for what they did to you earlier. But no they do not deserve kindness.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
9 9,040
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Suspicious...

With their economy they shouldn't be able to afford this. They should stick to TB2 and a few Akinci. Anka and Aksungur are out of their budget.

Unless they are preparing for a war with the tajiks. but even in that scenario the Aksungur platform doesn't make a lot of sense.

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 4,890
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
With their economy they shouldn't be able to afford this. They should stick to TB2 and a few Akinci. Anka and Aksungur are out of their budget.

Unless they are preparing for a war with the tajiks. but even in that scenario the Aksungur platform doesn't make a lot of sense.
They are definitely buying these for any future confrontations with Tajikistan. In my opinion the Aksungur does make sense. While the Akinci can carry a bigger load and cruise missiles, the Aksungur can fly for 60 hours. In comparison the Akinci has a flight endurance of 25 hours. A single Aksungur fitted with 24 MAM-Ls would make good use of its long endurance.

I'm assuming they'll use each platform for a specific role

TB2 - main workhorse, targets infantry and vehicles. Expendable.
Anka - electronic warfare, intelligence and SEAD
Aksungur - for extended bombing campaigns of infantry, vehicles or possibly bunkers depending on loadout.
Akinci - for HVTs such as runways, bunkers and hangars which require heavy bombs or SOM cruise missiles

Akakce

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
"never take what any of these guys say at face value.

There was a time when Seljuk said nearly everything in TB2 was domestically produced and it turned out nearly everything was imported and assembled."
That's not the case at all. Bayraktar TB2 has a very high locality rate, more than 93%. It never turned out to be "imported and assembled."

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
105 14,566
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
That's not the case at all. Bayraktar TB2 has a very high locality rate, more than 93%. It never turned out to be "imported and assembled."
If you read what @GoatsMilk says, he is quoting a situation in the past.
The engine was Austrian Rotax licensed by Canada, propeller German, Flir Wescam Canada, fuel pump and bomb rack British, almost all electronic stuff was of foreign origin.
The Fuselage and most importantly the software and design was Turkish.
Buying parts that are cheaper to import, does not make a plane Non-Turkish. I find this fixation on local manufacturing of all parts a bit silly. If you can obtain it easily and cheaply without restrictions, why not import it?
After the Karabakh war, in came the embargoes. Then the engine and many parts were indigenously manufactured. Today the locality percentage of TB2 is much higher.
Producing every single part in house puts too much pressure on local companies and those parts can be more expensive to manufacture as well. But critical parts that are difficult to obtain will have to be sourced locally.
In short what makes TB2 a success, is the software and overall design of the plane as a whole. Not the individual parts that constitute it.
I find it totally unsupportive and silly to blame a company of outsourcing foreign parts. Yes, by all means, give local manufacturers the right of first refusal. But that is all.

Top Bottom