TR UAV/UCAV Programs | Anka - series | Kızılelma | TB - series

Akakce

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
"If you read what @GoatsMilk says, he is quoting a situation in the past."
I know he mentions a situation in the past, but that is WRONG. Bayraktar TB2 was never an "imported & assembled" product. It already had a very high localization rate for years, even before Karabakh War. The number just went higher over time, not otherwise. You should read what he said:
"There was a time when Seljuk said nearly everything in TB2 was domestically produced and it turned out nearly everything was imported and assembled."
That has never happened, as I said before. Trying to justify the false information is meaningless.

On top of that, most of the electronics of TB2 are designed by Baykar itself and not of foreign origin. The engine is never replaced with a domestic counterpart as there is no need to do so.

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan

TUSAS is integrating CIRIT Missile and pod into AKSUNGUR TIHA upon the request of an export customer. AKSUNGUR has received two separate export orders while serving in three different user services in Turkey.
Please be Kyrgyzstan. I don't know how heavy each pod would be so I'm not sure how many it would carry. But imagine 6-8 of them on Aksungur. That thing will become a loitering dragon and the worst enemy of infantry and lightly armoured vehicles.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,836
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
That's not the case at all. Bayraktar TB2 has a very high locality rate, more than 93%. It never turned out to be "imported and assembled."

Just off the top of my head the engine austrian rotex engine? British fuel pumps from Andair, Wescam optics, Germin GPS hardware, French Areo supplied brake fluid cannisters, other guidance systems from germany i think even the tires were from a British company.

I don't personally care that the guy used foreign components, what he did still requires brains and technical ability and we all know the best way to play this game is to make what you can now, buy what you need while running projects in the background to fill the gaps in. So we know today most of TB2 is domestically made. And when we look at the results, he not only helped turn Turkiye into a global drone producer but the overall brand of Turkiye rose with it. Its had a net positive effect on everything else we produce. So if you produce land vehicles, well the defence industry brand went up and now your products are more desirable as an example.

This doesn't even include how it helped us geopolitically in active combat. If we don't have that style of drone warfare could we have achieved what we achieved in syria or libya?

I also understand that Baykar is a business and its about making money and they need to sell the dream and i also suspect that had they been honest Turks would swing the other way and condemn the project saying its all foreign made.

But the point stands he told people something that simply wasnt true, infact it was the opposite of truth. So only believe from him what you can prove for yourself. But in the grand schemes of things the outcome of Baykars success has almost entirely been positive, if not entirely.

My own opinion is that this is all theatre. All these guys know each other well and their families all know each other. Its just another piece of entertainment to help AK partys election campaign. You simply wouldnt go after Baykar, it makes no sense whatsoever if you are trying to win an election, it only makes sense if you are trying to help AK party.

anyway i wont comment further on the issue, this thread isnt for politics.

Last edited:

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,836
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
as always and now you should prove things....

There is plenty of information giving detailed breakdowns on every part within the TB2 and you will discover not only critical parts were western purchased like the engine and optics but even minor things.

Just google "western components in TB2" and work your way down it, you can find some really detailed breakdowns on the wreckages obtained in various conflicts. You can see the actual parts from such wreckages and then where they are sourced from.

Most of the TB2 in its early years were mostly assembled using western components. But don't force me to undermine Baykars success by sharing materials on here that proves such things.

We all know that the major components were western like the engine and optics, no one can deny that. But what many of you didn't know is that even minor components were western purchased.

And lets honest corruption is a hallmark of erdogan and AK party, there is no chance you can be so close to that cabal and not be engaged in such corruption.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Let's get back on topic and keep the drama out of this thread.
Feel free to open up a thread about Baykar the company and keep this thread clean for news and developments.

Further posts will be deleted.

zio

Reactions
4 437
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
and we donot know the price of aircrafts sold to our army

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why does not Turkey have any American DARPA like organisation? Or Does it have any?

SAGE of Tübitak is the DARPA of Türkiye. However because they need to do a lot of catching up with the cutting edge defence systems of the world they have not yet gotten into very novel experiments. But they are getting there as they have already made major achievements in the work they have done and they will now have a chance to try their hand in novel technologies. Stay tuned and please like and subscribe.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kuwait is on the Baykar customers map. Marked as TB2 customer for now but it is more likely both TB2 and Akıncı.

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 21-13-18 UAV Exports.png

Last edited:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,084
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I think BD is not an operator yet.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
19 8,152
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think BD is not an operator yet.

I don't remember how exactly I confirmed it but signing of an agreement gets the buyer on the operators list.

Top Bottom