Another confirmation about the FREMM BERGAMINI deal to Egypt

Amun

Reactions
The Italian Navy is ready to replace the 2 FREMMs that will be delivered to Egypt which were originally built for the Italian Navy

Turan09

Reactions
I don't think we need a special answer for this. Turkish National Programs are going well. Istanbul Class and TF2000 will be our answer for every hostile action. Some might say we need an urgent answer but after we all saw what happened in the shores of Libya, I don't see Egypt as a real threat. Few Turkish Vessels and Egypt didn't even tried to confront us.

Blackeyes90

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,783
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
And what is Turkish answer for this ?@Cabatli_53
We dont have any territorial problems with Eygpt. It is because of both leader's political view that put us in this mess. I dont think Egypt is an Enemy for Turkey but we must step up our game a little bit. Constructing the ships take too long.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,401
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
We dont have any territorial problems with Eygpt. It is because of both leader's political view that put us in this mess. I dont think Egypt is an Enemy for Turkey but we must step up our game a little bit. Constructing the ships take too long.
When will the I-class be combat ready?

Blackeyes90

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,783
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When will the I-class be combat ready?
The First Ship of I class is TCG Istanbul (F-515) and she was laid to keel in 2017 and expected to deliver in 2021 second ship will be TCG İzmir (f-516) will be delivered in 2022 , third ship will be TCG İzmit will be delivered in 2023 and fourth and final ship TCG İçel (F-518) will be delivered in 2024.
Source is from ;

1111.jpg

Amun

Reactions
I don't think we need a special answer for this. Turkish National Programs are going well. Istanbul Class and TF2000 will be our answer for every hostile action. Some might say we need an urgent answer but after we all saw what happened in the shores of Libya, I don't see Egypt as a real threat. Few Turkish Vessels and Egypt didn't even tried to confront us.

Sure , in Your Turkish media parallel universe... but in the real world .... once Egypt declared a virtual red line ... the conflict stopped .

also you have to know ... opposing a regional power like Egypt in its boarders... the counter actions will not be military only .... there many other tactical and strategic files that Egypt can counteract Turkey .

Blackeyes90

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,783
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sure , in Your Turkish media parallel universe... but in the real world .... once Egypt declared a virtual red line ... the conflict stopped .

also you have to know ... opposing a regional power like Egypt in its boarders... the counter actions will not be military only .... there many other tactical and strategic files that Egypt can counteract Turkey .
C'mon! we already opposed Eygpt in Libya. We ended the siege in Trablus and took significant areas. So much that your precious Haftar had to hide from his own people. You got to admit that Turks outplayed BAE, France ,Eygpt in Libya .

Amun

Reactions

this is a reasonable point of view .... and Egyptian army/ Navy upgrades are not directed towards Turkey ... but for many reasons like :
- Upgrades of obsolete weapon systems.
- Destruction of friendly armies like Iraqi,Syrian and Libyan .
- The new gas discoveries in the Mediterranean that worth hundreds of billions USD.
- the conflict in Yemen and the need to secure international trade pathway through Suez Canal and the Red Sea.
- the situation in the Africa and Nile dams .
- the growing Israeli military capabilities.
- Iranian threats to the Gulf states
- Turkish current hostile regime .

and if things become neutral between the 2 countries .... the plans of the Egyptian army will not stop .

Amun

Reactions
C'mon! we already opposed Eygpt in Libya. We ended the siege in Trablus and took significant areas. So much that your precious Haftar had to hide from his own people. You got to admit that Turks outplayed BAE, France ,Eygpt in Libya .

the current updates are not supporting your point of view ...
Saraj resigned and Erdogan is upset ... metek agreed with Haftar to open oil feilds but the militia in Tripoli surrounded his office and threatened him ....

just follow the recent updates today and yesterday.... and you will change your opinion

Blackeyes90

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,783
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
the current updates are not supporting your point of view ...
Saraj resigned and Erdogan is upset ... metek agreed with Haftar to open oil feilds but the militia in Tripoli surrounded his office and threatened him ....

just follow the recent updates today and yesterday.... and you will change your opinion
Saraj didnt resigned. He said we wanted to resign. We dont know what is gonna happen. Maybe Erdoğan will prevent that. Also i am following the news. Haftar's days are numbered.Politicly His side is much weaker then GNA's side. Despite all the help from France , Russia , UAE , Eygpt he couldnt succeed. He commited serious warcrimes. What does that tell you ? How can a man like Haftar can lead a nation ? At least Saraj has the common courtesy to resign his post. Even that act proves that GNA is the way to go.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Saraj didnt resigned. He said we wanted to resign. We dont know what is gonna happen. Maybe Erdoğan will prevent that. Also i am following the news. Haftar's days are numbered.Politicly His side is much weaker then GNA's side. Despite all the help from France , Russia , UAE , Eygpt he couldnt succeed. He commited serious warcrimes. What does that tell you ? How can a man like Haftar can lead a nation ? At least Saraj has the common courtesy to resign his post. Even that act proves that GNA is the way to go.
It was not Haftar, it was a tribal feud which is hard to control. Libya is very very tribal nation.

The rise of the Kaniyat in Tarhuna rarely made headlines internationally, or even in Libya, largely because the long-term fighting between the group and its rivals did not affect anyone outside of the region. Understanding Tarhuna’s past conflicts, the Kaniyat’s ever-shifting alliances, and the crimes the group committed leading up to its recent alliance with Haftar’s forces, will be crucial to holding all parties accountable. The victims of the Kaniyat’s crimes deserve nothing less.

While it would be convenient for Haftar’s critics to claim that all of the Kaniyat’s crimes occurred under his watch, the reality is that the Western-backed Government of National Accord and its predecessors contributed to the Kaniyat’s ascension. In fact, the rise of the Kaniyat in Tarhuna can be traced to a single event: the kidnapping of the commander of Tarhuna’s Awfiya battalion, Abu Ajayla Al-Hibshi, on 3 June 2012. The importance of the kidnapping cannot be understated.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom