Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
"International Anatolian Phoenix-21" exercise started. In addition to our national elements, Azerbaijan, Qatar, TRNC and Slovakia are also participating in the exercise performed at our 3rd Main Jet Base Command in Konya.
F16s from Turkey , Rafales from Qatar, Mig29s from Azerbaijan, Pilatus PC-9s from Slovakia and Stealth Halloumi-35s from TRNC are performing training together 👊

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,629
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkish troops on the firing range firing MG-3 LMGs, MPT-76 battle rifles, RPG-7 shoulder fired rocket launchers and AK-40GL 40mm grenade launchers. Everybody is equipped on a good level but I see an important gap. While everybody is equipped with eye protection I don't see ear protection and a very important part of the equipment for an infantryman kneepads. Gloves are also missing. Everybody who tried to go from prone to running and back to prone multiple times and stayed in a crouch position for extended period of time on hard surface knows what I am talking about. Still not bad but we have to aim higher :)

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
You go ashore from the ship you built yourself with a riffle you produced yourself. In the meantime,, the aircraft you produced are watching you with the ammunition you produced. This pride has no definition..

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,629
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Unfortunately we gave a martyr. Logistics Enlisted Corporal Caner ULUG. He felt bad at TCG Akin Command and first aid was given there. Immediately he was transported to a hospital but unfortunately they couldn't save him and he fell martyr there. May Allah accept his martyrdom!
1622025379066.png

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,629
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Azerbaijani operational teams participating in the Anatolian Phoenix 2021 exercise in Konya. Interesting thing is that there is a picture of Azerbaijani servicemen with Kale KCR 556 rifles. It is known that units tied to the Turkish Gendarmerie is also participating and they probably got them for testing from them.

Interesting news are that US rejected participation in the last moment and later Slovakian JTAC also rejected to participate. According to sources from Greece and Slovakia the reason is the participation of TRNC CSAR teams.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Azerbaijani operational teams participating in the Anatolian Phoenix 2021 exercise in Konya. Interesting thing is that there is a picture of Azerbaijani servicemen with Kale KCR 556 rifles. It is known that units tied to the Turkish Gendarmerie is also participating and they probably got them for testing from them.

Interesting news are that US rejected participation in the last moment and later Slovakian JTAC also rejected to participate. According to sources from Greece and Slovakia the reason is the participation of TRNC CSAR teams.

Sounds logical, I can't imagine US troops training with Turkish Cypriots, that would be a nice headline.

One of the helicopters also look like TRNC CSAR choppers, I am not sure but TSK ones has "Türk Kara Kuvvetleri" text on their tail, TRNC Security Forces does not have that text although the painting is same. However it just flew in front of my window this morning. (We only have 2)

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,629
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sounds logical, I can't imagine US troops training with Turkish Cypriots, that would be a nice headline.

One of the helicopters also look like TRNC CSAR choppers, I am not sure but TSK ones has "Türk Kara Kuvvetleri" text on their tail, TRNC Security Forces does not have that text although the painting is same. However it just flew in front of my window this morning. (We only have 2)
Yep! TRNC AS-532 helicopter is participating in the exercise.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom