TR Armed Forces Multimedia Center

liblob

Reactions
Navy EODs (SAS) with a MPT-55. Unclear to me if they decided to switch from their M4s. Guess since Marines got them too, it's easier for logistics.

Ehz-A0-IPX0-AEp-XRg.jpg

2.jpg

Marines with the high-cut version of the Garanti Kompozit helmets. Looks like they prefer these over the mid-cut used by regular infantry. More place for accessoires.

Ehpu-QCIWk-AATt-Vo.jpg

3.jpg

liblob

Reactions
Soo, Anafarta runs products on their website, titled as "new Turkish Army camo". As far as I know, these were rumored to be introduced sometime in November?

I hope they let go of the baseball caps and go for these.

A0A712D7-CE82-41DD-B535-3755DD0E942D.jpeg
E64C2D5E-A771-4566-9F82-8455E29610E4.jpeg

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,442
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Soo, Anafarta runs products on their website, titled as "new Turkish Army camo". As far as I know, these were rumored to be introduced sometime in November?

I hope they let go of the baseball caps and go for these.

View attachment 1561 View attachment 1562
Yep! These caps would be better for sure. I am not sure about the date of introduction but the camo is sexy and will be effective.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,442
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why? Those AK's are hillarious. :D
I was talking with a military personnel friend who is thinking about joining that unit and we also laughed a lot. BUT at least they tried :D

The reason that is probably behind the decision for choosing that particular handguard (Ukrainian made Crook/Крук) is the weight. It haves that pattern that is full of holes and still adds some functionality but you better don't hit to much that thing on hard objects and also when you shoot you have to do it with gloves otherwise your hands will cry from the temperature. We can also see the non standard muzzle compensator use, the lack of using electronic sights, use of bakelite magazines etc. They buy a lot of the gear from their pockets.

Also the price is a big factor here as the budget of the Bulgarian Joint Special Operations Command is pretty low with slight increase in the recent two years. The government is pressuring them to use locally made Arsenal AKs but maybe half of their inventory is outdated (Sovyet made) and only slight amount of AKs received upgrades. Now at least they have a good number of MP5s which they use extensively in training because the ammo is cheaper ;)

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,442
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
How exactly do these cameras work? What is the purpose? It warns the soldier when detects something?
These are action cameras optimized for military usage. They endure better on harsh conditions and tough situations than the conventional action cameras and the models in usage with our forces have the capabilities of recording at night in black and white and also have the capability to stream trough WiFi, Cellular or tactical radios. It is boosting a lot the command and control personnel in their assessment in the operation and also after that in their analysis on usage of tactics, procedures, timing etc.

Captain_Azeri_76

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom