Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Australian Army has commenced training on the new Boxer 8×8 Combat Reconnaissance Vehicles (CRV) which are being delivered under the LAND 400 Phase 2 program. The 211 new Boxer 8×8 CRVs will replace Army’s Australian Light Armoured Vehicles.

20200924adf8583067_462-1024x683.jpg

Soldiers from the 2nd/14th Light Horse Regiment (Queensland Mounted Infantry) conduct cross country training in the new Boxer Combat Reconnaissance Vehicle at Wide Bay Training Area, Queensland.

Minister for Defence Linda Reynolds said the commencement of training brings Army a step closer to having world-class combat reconnaissance capability. “These vehicles will provide our soldiers with increased protection, lethality, connectivity and mobility for the next 30 years. “Defence has continued recruiting and training personnel under COVID-safe conditions to meet our force generation requirements to continue defending the nation and its interests.”

20200916adf8614011_089-1024x683.jpg

Soldiers from the 2nd/14th Light Horse Regiment (Queensland Mounted Infantry) have participated in the first ever Driver Training Conversion Course for the Australian Army’s new Boxer Combat Reconnaissance Vehicle. Conducted between Gallipoli Barracks, Wide Bay Training Area, and Greenbank Training Area in Southeast Queensland, the course involved theory lessons on maintenance, safe driving on civilian roads, navigating challenging terrain they might face on the battlefield, and live firing.

The Boxer training is being run in a COVID safe manner, Defence and Rheinmetall Defence Australia have worked closely together to implement the necessary changes to ensure the training could be conducted safely. To date, Defence has accepted delivery of five Boxer vehicles with an additional vehicle expected shortly.

Y

Yoyo

Oooh. Boxer the vehicle. :ROFLMAO: I realize this is a military forum but, for some reason, when I clicked on the title I was expecting to see these cuties:

boxer.jpg

Top Bottom