DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,729
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
African armies are overall so bad.

Seriously i can safely say most easily get their asses kicked by rebels. We cant forget that the Tigray region has its own army.
Tigray has been ruling the country for decades and only gave decent military training to those related with Tigray; thus, when Abiy Ahmed took power and Tigray defected, all what Abiy Ahmed are stupid fools who dont even know the bases of warfare while Tigray had well-trained guirella forces. Who do you think will win by then?

What I wanna know is how Turkey is keeping its silence over this tbh

We all know Egypt is the one aiding Tigra militarily, logistically, and financially!! If Tigray wins, Turkey will lose an ally and a decent pressure card (due to the NILE DAM) against Egypt. This will give Egypt an even greater hand in the negotiations table

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,998
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tigray has been ruling the country for decades and only gave decent military training to those related with Tigray; thus, when Abiy Ahmed took power and Tigray defected, all what Abiy Ahmed are stupid fools who dont even know the bases of warfare while Tigray had well-trained guirella forces. Who do you think will win by then?

We all know Egypt is the one aiding Tigra militarily, logistically, and financially!! If Tigray wins, Turkey will lose an ally and a decent pressure card (due to the NILE DAM) against Egypt. This will give Egypt an even greater hand in the negotiations table

Will see what cards Turkey can play.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,734
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

It's better for Turkey to not get involved. Tigray is small compared to rest of the country, and the most they can do is become independent. The Nile and the Dam is located in Amhara region as I can tell.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,357
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Wow the level of incompetence and lack of fighting will... Ethiopia should be ruled by Tigray. Lol
Seriously i can safely say most easily get their asses kicked by rebels. We cant forget that the Tigray region has its own army.

Seriously, most Asian and African as well as South American militaries are like this. Most are for parade and going after internal dissent (and some shady business)

in ASEAN I believe, only Singapore are what I considered a professional fighting forces dedicated to the perfection of combat. :(

wolveray

Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Seriously, most Asian and African as well as South American militaries are like this. Most are for parade and going after internal dissent (and some shady business)

in ASEAN I believe, only Singapore are what I considered a professional fighting forces dedicated to the perfection of combat. :(
And yet the vietnamese have beaten french and american army.
When you said asian,is that included japaneses too ...
As for Singapore...well their army has never been a fight even though i do admit they has a modern defense tools

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,357
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
And yet the vietnamese have beaten french and american army.
When you said asian,is that included japaneses too ...
As for Singapore...well their army has never been a fight even though i do admit they has a modern defense tools
I said most (not all), look closely. Japan clearly is one of those exception. BTW no Asian militaries other than China now has pursue modernization and more importantly reforms as aggressive as that of Meiji era Japan.

there's not many military battles that North Vietnam won against the Americans, the conquest of the South is between the NVA and the Southern RVN. Simply put the US fight with one hand tied on its back in Vietnam.

see this ??
vietnam%2Bnorth%2Bsouth.jpg

that line is what's preventing the US to pursue the communist all the way to the Chinese border, basically there'a a base in which the communists could gather and prepare out of touch from US pursuer on the ground. And that means the North could pull the US into a protracted war that eventually exhaust them politically at home.

The war in Vietnam is just like the war in Afghanistan is a political defeat, not military defeat for the US.

Henry J Kissinger put it mildly :

“We fought a military war; our opponents fought a political one. We sought physical attrition; our opponents aimed for our psychological exhaustion. In the process we lost sight of one of the cardinal maxims of guerrilla war: the guerrilla wins if he does not lose. The conventional army loses if it does not win. The North Vietnamese used their armed forces the way a bull-fighter uses his cape — to keep us lunging in areas of marginal political importance.”

wolveray

Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
it doesn't matter whether its political defeat or not.The american still lose because why should they sacrifice themselves losing thier father,husband,son and daughters to war that are far away from US.For the vietnames losing millions is still worth it because they are fighting for their country.

wolveray

Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
You can win 99 out of 100 and lose 1 major battles and go home still means you lose the war.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,734
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Ethiopia denies killing Sudanese soldiers​

913c0b7e-a60e-4b08-9490-2398a4c3cdfb.png

BBC Monitoring

The world through its media

The Ethiopian army chief has denied accusations that Ethiopian forces killed Sudanese soldiers at the border between the two countries, the US-based pro-government ESAT TV reported.

Gen Birhanu Jula said there was no reason to attack Sudan and that the country was "not in a position" to carry out such attacks as it was fighting the rebels in the north.

The two countries have been having a border dispute and ongoing disagreements over the shared waters of the Nile River.

The army chief said he hoped the issues could be resolved peacefully through dialogue.

Sudanese media had claimed that Ethiopian forces killed dozens of Sudanese soldiers in a disputed border area.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom