Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,818
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Amateur Experimental Rocketry Dhaka (AERD), a hybrid rocket propulsion research organization sponsored by Dr Anwarul Abedin Institute of Innovation (D2A2I) and American International University – Bangladesh (AIUB), has successfully tested the first hybrid rocket engine in Bangladesh at AIUB’s research facility.

After a day of preparation at a window after the pouring rain, the engine successfully ignited under the witness of AERD members, parents, as well as students from BRAC, NSU, and AIUB who attended as visitors, reads a press release.

“After months of hard work and data collection, we were finally able to see what we have designed come to life. It felt incredible, and everyone on the team was relieved,” AERD project leader Szu Heng Baldwin Chen said.

“We have come a long way and we do not plan on stopping,” AERD member Shahzaib Muaz Abedin.

AERD will continue developing hybrid rocket engines as well as fostering collaboration efforts amongst communities and universities here in Bangladesh.

The group is open to members who are interested in space exploration and rocketry.

Members of AERD include Szu Heng Baldwin Chen, Shahzaib Muaz Abedin, Sam Cui, Ian Meservey, Razeen Ali, Mushfiqur Shadhin, N M Saif Kabir, Aanha Islam, Yohann Coulibaly, Liam Oliver Novak, Eojin Kim.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,378
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Does hybrid rocket engine have any application in missile technology?
@Gary

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,379
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Does hybrid rocket engine have any application in missile technology?
@Gary
Never heard of it, although hybrid in the sense that a missile has a solid propellant for the booster and a liquid propellant for the main thrust are quite common. But I'm not aware of any military application of hybrid propellant in a single casing.

maybe others could correct me

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom