_Mu_

Reactions
4 194
Nation of residence
Egypt
Nation of origin
Egypt

Understanding the Energy Drivers of Turkey's Foreign Policy​

Good Analysis with very good figures on the energy drivers of Turkiye's Foreign Policy topic covering :
1. Turkey's Energy Dependence and Security Concerns​
2. Regional Energy Dynamics​
3. Energy Corridor Diplomacy​
4. Energy in Foreign Relations​
5. Energy and Regional Tensions​
6. Energy Transition and Future Outlook​

1709113848577.png

_Mu_

Reactions
4 194
Nation of residence
Egypt
Nation of origin
Egypt
For enturies the East Med, Aegan Sea, Black Sea and the Red Sea were called the Turkish lakes.

The Ottoman Empire also went into not just Somalia but also Eritrea and Djibouti.

They controlled the coasts of Eritrea for centuries which is pretty interesting.

In the 1800s Muhammed Ali Pasha reached Uganda.
That's why I wrote 'current status'; there is no doubt that the future will be a completely different story, just as the past was

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Dont believe in the EV hype bullshit.

Gas and Oil will still be continued to be used alongside coal.

I do believe Turkiye should invest in hydrogen and other energy sources.

Nuclear I use to be against it but I was on the fence now I support Nuclear energy.

Australia can also benefit from nuclear power.

Key to independance is not just military independance but also being independent regarding energy.

Usa and Russia use the energy argument to bust Turkiye's balls. Same with Iran which charges criminal prices.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,613
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,570
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We have Gagauz Turks there. Moldova is a country that helped with the fight against FETO a lot. When we needed them, they also assisted MIT when capacity was needed for work on matters of strategic importance. Moldova is a country that proved its friendship.
Gagauz make up 1% of Transnistria. Though I agree that we have to hold on to Gagauzia as hard as we can and do our best to be a bridge between Moldovans and them, rather than Russians. Gagauz don't trust Moldovans so they would want a bigger partner they can rely on while Moldovans rely on Romania and EU. This partner being Russia(as it was historically) would hurt Gagauz in the long term and us. As such Moldovans almost encourage us to increase our foothold in the region. Because anything is better than the Russians.

Scott Summers

Committed member
Reactions
2 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Dont believe in the EV hype bullshit.

Gas and Oil will still be continued to be used alongside coal.

I do believe Turkiye should invest in hydrogen and other energy sources.

Nuclear I use to be against it but I was on the fence now I support Nuclear energy.

Australia can also benefit from nuclear power.

Key to independance is not just military independance but also being independent regarding energy.

Usa and Russia use the energy argument to bust Turkiye's balls. Same with Iran which charges criminal prices.

EV's are a disaster and this whole renewable energy industry is one big scam.

Just 2 updates from the Netherlands (which has the most sophisticated electricity grid network of Europe), very big news the last week:

1. The big electricity corporations released a communique wherein they ask the citizens of the Netherlands to stop with charging their EV's between 16.00 and 22.00 because the network cant take it anymore.

Reaction: very huge protests from EV-drivers because when they come home from work at 17.00, they park and charge their car till the night otherwise they cant go to work the next morning.

2. Citizens with solarpanels at their roof wont earn money anymore when they produce more energy than they consume. Weirder than that; they would get a fine or they gonna pay extra.

Its the world circling the other way. Under pressure and heavy propaganda from the climate-fanatic government, millions of citizens investes ten thousands of euros in solarpanels, because they would could wipe off their electricity usage against their production. And every Kilowatt energy that they overproduced, the power corporations would buy that for 0.11 euro per Kwh.

But now thats over, because so much people has bought solarpanels, that the gridnetwork could not use all that extra energy.

Upgrading the powergrid will cost more than 400 billion euros they think.

Because the citizens produce more than they use, the corporations decided that they will not buy the people's energy anymore, instead, you as a climate fanatic citizen are now fucked from behind. You already paid buying the panels, and now you will pay if they produce electricity.

So its one big money scam.

Very big disaster now in the Netherlands. People are angry.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
EV's are a disaster and this whole renewable energy industry is one big scam.

Just 2 updates from the Netherlands (which has the most sophisticated electricity grid network of Europe), very big news the last week:

1. The big electricity corporations released a communique wherein they ask the citizens of the Netherlands to stop with charging their EV's between 16.00 and 22.00 because the network cant take it anymore.

Reaction: very huge protests from EV-drivers because when they come home from work at 17.00, they park and charge their car till the night otherwise they cant go to work the next morning.

2. Citizens with solarpanels at their roof wont earn money anymore when they produce more energy than they consume. Weirder than that; they would get a fine or they gonna pay extra.

Its the world circling the other way. Under pressure and heavy propaganda from the climate-fanatic government, millions of citizens investes ten thousands of euros in solarpanels, because they would could wipe off their electricity usage against their production. And every Kilowatt energy that they overproduced, the power corporations would buy that for 0.11 euro per Kwh.

But now thats over, because so much people has bought solarpanels, that the gridnetwork could not use all that extra energy.

Upgrading the powergrid will cost more than 400 billion euros they think.

Because the citizens produce more than they use, the corporations decided that they will not buy the people's energy anymore, instead, you as a climate fanatic citizen are now fucked from behind. You already paid buying the panels, and now you will pay if they produce electricity.

So its one big money scam.

Very big disaster now in the Netherlands. People are angry.

Not to mention rental company Hertz is now cutting back its electric car orders.

They are expensive to maintain dont go the distance required. Most of their repair guys prefer repairing petrol cars.

Electric cars also have lots of hazards even for a person who repairs cars.

I dont have anything against electric cars but I do prefer choice. Hybrid is the prefered option. Electric only goes good if its combined with another.

Scott Summers

Committed member
Reactions
2 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Lavrov Visits Turkey as Erdogan Seeks Ukraine Peace Breakthrough

images (15).jpeg

Lavrov will attend part of the annual diplomatic forum in the Mediterranean resort of Antalya where he is to meet with President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan.

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,657
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes. At the same time as the measure against Israel, Turkey removed Iraq, Sudan, Mozambique and Congo from the list. The considerations in removing Iraq, Turkey's third biggest export market, is it is believed due to disagreements with Baghdad over military operations against the Kurds in Northern Iraq. In Sudan, Erdogan is looking to harm the government there. Turkey has also added countries to the export target list including Algeria, a close friend of Hamas.

Another rivalry is for regional control of goods. Turkey perceives itself as the regional "hub" in all areas, and therefore was outraged last September, when US President Joe Biden presented his proposal for a logistics corridor between Greece and India - through Israel, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and the UAE - bypassing Turkey.

This led Ankara to re-promote a plan for its own transport corridor between Turkey and Iraq, from there to the Persian Gulf and Indian Ocean. However, since Turkey has now removed Iraq from the list of export targets, it seems that this plan will not be promoted soon.

Now Erdogan is modifying the route ? Apparently he talked about it with Barzani.

The way this is tweeted seems to be an attempt to indirectly make Iraq jealous, the way children do

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,657
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Israel foreign minister directly attacks Erdogan, sharing a photo of Erdogan with Hamas official.

Unless the two countries are using each other for domestic politics, seems the relationship is going downhill to a point of no return.

Erdogan, who regularly massacres Kurds in Turkey and the region, accuses Israel of committing deliberate genocide in Gaza. Mr. Erdogan, @RTErdogan, we are not like you. We are fighting against your partners from Hamas, whom you hosted in Turkey and allowed them to carry out the massacres and murders. You'd better shut up and be ashamed!

Last edited:

guest12

Reactions
2 876
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Israel foreign minister directly attacks Erdogan, sharing a photo of Erdogan with Hamas official.

Unless the two countries are using each other for domestic politics, seems the relationship is going downhill to a point of no return.
That relationship already gone to hell at early 2000s after Hood Event happened and evil designs of United States became clear to our nation.They are the ones fired first bullet to us don't ever forget this.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,570
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
"NEW: Turkish President calls Greek Prime Minister to wish him happy birthday. Just a week after Mitsotakis called Erdoğan to wish him a happy birthday. Seems like the Friendship Declaration signed in December is functioning."

Same guy Erdogan said he didn't exist for him anymore and would never talk to again btw. Dear president have more mood swings than my ex. Gets me thinking, how much we lost over the last decade due to this...

Barry

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
To be fair, they're all like that. That guy was like "calming measures and friendship loading" and then 4 hours after KAAN flew, "ToRKiE nauTiCal MiLes In GrIk LakE 3nm YuO wIlL nEvEr DeFeaT HeLmanD's MaYOnAiSSe!!!11!!!"

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,295
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
"NEW: Turkish President calls Greek Prime Minister to wish him happy birthday. Just a week after Mitsotakis called Erdoğan to wish him a happy birthday. Seems like the Friendship Declaration signed in December is functioning."

Same guy Erdogan said he didn't exist for him anymore and would never talk to again btw. Dear president have more mood swings than my ex. Gets me thinking, how much we lost over the last decade due to this...
Next on the agenda:
Exchange of friendship armbands.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom