George Friedman on China.

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
I don't agree with anything he says in the video. However it is interesting.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,936
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
George Friedman made some good guesses on the progress of the world back in the early 2000s but it's hilarious to see him make such a 180 on China.

I prefer Peter Zeihan. He's also kind of an idiot but at least he isn't shackled to Cold War mentality in the way that Friedman is.

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
George Friedman made some good guesses on the progress of the world back in the early 2000s but it's hilarious to see him make such a 180 on China.

I prefer Peter Zeihan. He's also kind of an idiot but at least he isn't shackled to Cold War mentality in the way that Friedman is.
Yeah he doesn't much talk about the cultural stuff. His entire view is based on the US not breaking apart, all he says is the US isn't Europe. So which I am like okay, but that doesn't mean anything. Its clear China is constrained and the US is in a stronger geo-political position. However I think he doesn't understand how much the neo-cons have undercut the American nation to build the American Empire. The break up of the US is very likely, in fact the break up of North America as a whole is, and the European North American population is falling. So the quality of its people is too.

So it all depends if the US breaks apart or not.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,936
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Yeah he doesn't much talk about the cultural stuff. His entire view is based on the US not breaking apart, all he says is the US isn't Europe. So which I am like okay, but that doesn't mean anything. Its clear China is constrained and the US is in a stronger geo-political position. However I think he doesn't understand how much the neo-cons have undercut the American nation to build the American Empire. The break up of the US is very likely, in fact the break up of North America as a whole is, and the European North American population is falling. So the quality of its people is too.

So it all depends if the US breaks apart or not.
I actually agree with Friedman that the US will survive. I've experienced America long enough that I can tell you not to be misled by what is happening on the big political stage, America has had way worse in its history. I do expect a civil conflict at some point or a political crisis but America will survive. It's a culturally united entity in a way that Europe isn't. Britain will collapse and fracture long before the US does, mark my words. Hell, Belgium will split before America does.

My dislike of Friedman is that his perspective is deeply colored by 20th century politics. Hence why he views China as just the Soviet Union 2.0. I dislike China but even the most staunchest American jingoist gave up on that line of rhetoric that "China is a joke" long ago so I don't know why Friedman keeps clinging onto it. He's slowly coming around (he used to be way more dismissive of China) but it really undercuts any other point he may have on the matter.

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
I actually agree with Friedman that the US will survive. I've experienced America long enough that I can tell you not to be misled by what is happening on the big political stage, America has had way worse in its history. I do expect a civil conflict at some point or a political crisis but America will survive. It's a culturally united entity in a way that Europe isn't. Britain will collapse and fracture long before the US does, mark my words. Hell, Belgium will split before America does.

My dislike of Friedman is that his perspective is deeply colored by 20th century politics. Hence why he views China as just the Soviet Union 2.0. I dislike China but even the most staunchest American jingoist gave up on that line of rhetoric that "China is a joke" long ago so I don't know why Friedman keeps clinging onto it. He's slowly coming around (he used to be way more dismissive of China) but it really undercuts any other point he may have on the matter.
The difference is that before the US was culturally and politically and demographically dominated by the English, it isn't anymore. The 'white' population is just 60% now, and the English have been pushed out by the Jews/Irish/Italians/Mexicans. The question then is can the foreign alliance hold and keep the US together? Given that those are the 4 main criminal groups in the US, its no surprise to me how much the US is being exploited by them. So aside from the usual nonsense about the 'black' people, who don't really matter in the US, I think those 4 groups, along with the English not liking being pushed out of power will lead not to civil war, but 4th generation warfare. The US will break up into different realms for the different nations within the US. The most powerful being the English/British realm, the Spanish realm and the Mexican realm. These three will compete with each other for power and influence over the other realms.

There is nothing culturally linking a Spanish speaking Mexican citizen in Arizona, to a redneck in Virginia, to a New York Jew, to Black guy in Detroit. What linked them was the US economy and making money, with the US economy in a bad way and inflation going up, huge debt and the cost of the Empire being massive. Either the English will regain power and push the criminal groups out, like the Jews/Irish/Italians/Mexicans and enforce the English hegemony, or they US will break apart. 80 million Mexicans have moved to the US, that is the largest population movement in history. Like Rome the US Empire was able and willing to accept the influence to bring Mexico into the US trade zone. However now those 80 million are still Mexicans and not Americans.

Peter Zeihan both agree with the main threat to the US is Mexico, through the drug cartels and the huge population of Mexicans in the US. However they expect the US to have no issue with this because its economy will be so well protected from global shocks and the US immigrant nation dynamic. However the English are sick of it, we don't want all these Spanish speaking Mexicans, Chinese, Jews in our lands. We want them out. Same in Britain, Australia/New Zealand, Canada. The entire English civilization and our lands. I listen to George Friedman and I am like if this is the future where the English civilization is just some rotting Empire, spread evil across the world and my people are repressed, then I may as well just give up.

I actually don't agree with him about China at all. But I do think China will end up in stagnation. It just has too many people.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,030
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
The difference is that before the US was culturally and politically and demographically dominated by the English, it isn't anymore. The 'white' population is just 60% now, and the English have been pushed out by the Jews/Irish/Italians/Mexicans. The question then is can the foreign alliance hold and keep the US together? Given that those are the 4 main criminal groups in the US, its no surprise to me how much the US is being exploited by them. So aside from the usual nonsense about the 'black' people, who don't really matter in the US, I think those 4 groups, along with the English not liking being pushed out of power will lead not to civil war, but 4th generation warfare. The US will break up into different realms for the different nations within the US. The most powerful being the English/British realm, the Spanish realm and the Mexican realm. These three will compete with each other for power and influence over the other realms.

There is nothing culturally linking a Spanish speaking Mexican citizen in Arizona, to a redneck in Virginia, to a New York Jew, to Black guy in Detroit. What linked them was the US economy and making money, with the US economy in a bad way and inflation going up, huge debt and the cost of the Empire being massive. Either the English will regain power and push the criminal groups out, like the Jews/Irish/Italians/Mexicans and enforce the English hegemony, or they US will break apart. 80 million Mexicans have moved to the US, that is the largest population movement in history. Like Rome the US Empire was able and willing to accept the influence to bring Mexico into the US trade zone. However now those 80 million are still Mexicans and not Americans.

Peter Zeihan both agree with the main threat to the US is Mexico, through the drug cartels and the huge population of Mexicans in the US. However they expect the US to have no issue with this because its economy will be so well protected from global shocks and the US immigrant nation dynamic. However the English are sick of it, we don't want all these Spanish speaking Mexicans, Chinese, Jews in our lands. We want them out. Same in Britain, Australia/New Zealand, Canada. The entire English civilization and our lands. I listen to George Friedman and I am like if this is the future where the English civilization is just some rotting Empire, spread evil across the world and my people are repressed, then I may as well just give up.

I actually don't agree with him about China at all. But I do think China will end up in stagnation. It just has too many people.

Its the English doing this to you. Rather its your aristocratic class doing this to you. Always remember if your leaders can go to the other side of the globe and wipe out entire peoples and take their lands, they can do this to you, they don't care about the english peasantry. Everything exists to service their ambitions. The British empire was never about the english peasant.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,936
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

Yeeeah, no offense man but you have no clue what you are talking about.

The Jewish/Irish/Italian divide disappeared years ago. You are talking like we are still living in the early 20th century. Assimilation worked so well on them that they don't even see themselves as separate anymore, the biggest divide is white vs. non-white, where Irish and Italians don't see themselves as any different from British and German Americans. 200 years has been enough to link them to a concept named America. The Mafia has lost a metric ton of its former power and influence despite attempts to regain it by abusing new technology for its own goods, to such an extent even that the former xenophobic Italian crime families now openly co-operate with former rival gangs like Russians, Japanese, Spaniards, Koreans, Turks, Chinese, Irish, etc. And even white vs. non-white is heavily overblown, the US doesn't actually let all that many Mexicans through, who usually assimilate into the Spanish fold anyway. The biggest issue for people who buy into that conflict is blacks, who have been a point of contention since the literal founding of the USA.

The economy isn't even at its worst right now. The US has survived worse economic problems in the 19th century and powered through the Great Depression despite FDR's misguided policies prolonging the crisis by at least another decade because the foundation is that solid.

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Yeeeah, no offense man but you have no clue what you are talking about.

The Jewish/Irish/Italian divide disappeared years ago. You are talking like we are still living in the early 20th century. Assimilation worked so well on them that they don't even see themselves as separate anymore, the biggest divide is white vs. non-white, where Irish and Italians don't see themselves as any different from British and German Americans. 200 years has been enough to link them to a concept named America. The Mafia has lost a metric ton of its former power and influence despite attempts to regain it by abusing new technology for its own goods, to such an extent even that the former xenophobic Italian crime families now openly co-operate with former rival gangs like Russians, Japanese, Spaniards, Koreans, Turks, Chinese, Irish, etc. And even white vs. non-white is heavily overblown, the US doesn't actually let all that many Mexicans through, who usually assimilate into the Spanish fold anyway. The biggest issue for people who buy into that conflict is blacks, who have been a point of contention since the literal founding of the USA.

The economy isn't even at its worst right now. The US has survived worse economic problems in the 19th century and powered through the Great Depression despite FDR's misguided policies prolonging the crisis by at least another decade because the foundation is that solid.
Thanks.

The main person I listen to about the US is Vox Day, who hasn't lived in the US in 20 years. Just shows I need to widen my perspective and listen to more every day people.

I support Curtis Sliwa for NYC mayor, so I was talking with a guy from New York, he basically said the same as you. I got a lot of things wrong about NYC because I just see it in the movies.

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Its the English doing this to you. Rather its your aristocratic class doing this to you. Always remember if your leaders can go to the other side of the globe and wipe out entire peoples and take their lands, they can do this to you, they don't care about the english peasantry. Everything exists to service their ambitions. The British empire was never about the english peasant.
I call it the criminal class of the English civilization, which seeks to exploit the nation for the benefit of the criminal class, rather than the English nation as whole. I would say 70% of the former English ruling class is part of the criminal class. The criminal class only cares about itself. The English ruling class cares about the English nation. Then you have the middle class or governance class, about 30% of it is part of the criminal class. Then you have the working class or leadership class, about 3% of it is part of the criminal class. So the working class is the main people being exploited by the criminal class.

Love this line. "Always remember if your leaders can go to the other side of the globe and wipe out entire peoples and take their lands, they can do this to you". I always say the colonial system has been inverted upon the English themselves. So your point is very well put.

The difference is a perceive it is a separate criminal class, and most other people view it as the ruling class or aristocracy.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,936
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Thanks.

The main person I listen to about the US is Vox Day, who hasn't lived in the US in 20 years. Just shows I need to widen my perspective and listen to more every day people.

I support Curtis Sliwa for NYC mayor, so I was talking with a guy from New York, he basically said the same as you. I got a lot of things wrong about NYC because I just see it in the movies.
Ah, Vox Day...yeah, I wouldn't recommend listening to him on much of anything. He used to be sorta readable maybe 11-12 years ago but he's steadily gone off the deep end plus he's also fairly dishonest about his views and blocks anyone who even remotely points out the flaws in his statements, much less people who openly call him a pretentious idiot for all the nonsense he spews.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom