Greece Greece participated in the French multinational drill Orion 2023

Pantelis

Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Orion_2023_exercise_-GEETHA-960x600.jpg

Greece participated in the French multinational drill Orion 2023 with the Adrias frigate from February 22 to March 7, within the context of the military cooperation between the two countries, enshrined in the agreement signed between the Greek Chief of the General Staff of the Hellenic Armed Forces Konstantinos Floros and French Chief of Defense Thierry Burkhard.

Orion 2023 is also part of the broader planning of the Greek General Staff in terms of international cooperation.

The exercise took place in the wider maritime area of the central and western Mediterranean, with the participation of units from Germany, the United Kingdom, the United States, Spain, Italy and the Netherlands.

Gamal

Reactions
Nation of residence
Egypt
Nation of origin
Egypt
Orion_2023_exercise_-GEETHA-960x600.jpg

Greece participated in the French multinational drill Orion 2023 with the Adrias frigate from February 22 to March 7, within the context of the military cooperation between the two countries, enshrined in the agreement signed between the Greek Chief of the General Staff of the Hellenic Armed Forces Konstantinos Floros and French Chief of Defense Thierry Burkhard.

Orion 2023 is also part of the broader planning of the Greek General Staff in terms of international cooperation.

The exercise took place in the wider maritime area of the central and western Mediterranean, with the participation of units from Germany, the United Kingdom, the United States, Spain, Italy and the Netherlands.

These drills strengthen our rrelationships a lot. I hope it continues always

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
56 7,373
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We are talking about a army that still uses toyotas
Toyotas are damn cool.

Are the Ellis being modernized anytime soon or will they be just replaced by the FDI and the future corvette class? That Sea Sparrow launcher just looks sad man.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Toyotas won the war for Chad lets not forget 😆

If you can utilise any kind of weapon regardless old or new and use it to your advantage you can win.

So many armies with the latest stuff got destroyed by lesser equipped guys lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Manomed The Second

Committed member
Reactions
1 516
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Toyotas won the war for Chad lets not forget 😆

If you can utilise any kind of weapon regardless old or new and use it to your advantage you can win.

So many armies with the latest stuff got destroyed by lesser equipped guys lets not get ahead of ourselves.
We don't live in the 90s tho toyotas now against ISIS or any modern nation means death warrant to soldiers that are using it.
I rather have my soldiers survive a ambush or IED attacks

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
We don't live in the 90s tho toyotas now against ISIS or any modern nation means death warrant to soldiers that are using it.

I agree the new stuff is always better.

I would take an mrap over a toyota anyday.

Still old weapons being used war in to a great effect. We see with Ukrainians using mosin nagants even old ww1 stuff. Dont get me wrong im not trying to say lets go to war with horses and swords.

Old weapons can be effective if used right while at the same time you always want your with the best stuff while at the same time you want them use that new stuff to great effect.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom