Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
From the Greeks of Ucraine.
Are you serious now?
Do the Greeks of Ukraine keep demographic data?
Is it possible for a community to have such data and for the state itself not to have data? These "elements" are fictions in the context of foreign policy and influence by the Greek Foreign Minister himself.

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Are you serious now?
Do the Greeks of Ukraine keep demographic data?
Is it possible for a community to have such data and for the state itself not to have data? These "elements" are fictions in the context of foreign policy and influence by the Greek Foreign Minister himself.
The Ukrainian state has been doing census since 2001. In fact, at that time it was directly accused that it did not count mixed marriages as separate ethnicities, but baptized all Ukrainians.And this calculation had nothing to do with the Greeks, but mainly with the Russians!

Last edited:

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
The Ukrainian state has been doing census since 2001. In fact, at that time it was directly accused that it did not count mixed marriages as separate ethnicities, but baptized all Ukrainians.And this calculation had nothing to do with the Greeks, but mainly with the Russians!
Where did Mr. Dendias find this information?
Did the Greek Foreign Minister go and count all the Greeks of Ukraine one by one? Since there will be no new demographic data until 2023, i do not think we can talk about 150,000 or 200,000 Greeks in Ukraine. These numbers are pure fiction without any elementary source. If the Greek minority of Ukraine has in its documents as a community the numbers written by Mr. Dendias, let them make them public! Otherwise we will talk about fiction.
Ukraine in 2001 had a population of 48,400,000 inhabitants while today it has 43,322,000 inhabitants with a steady decline in population over these 20 years. How come the Greeks of Ukraine in 2001 are 91,400 and in 2022 are 150,000-200,000 when we talk about a country whose population is declining?

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
So there is a Greek community in Ukraine, but there is no Turkish community in Greece?
There has always been a Turkish community in Greece, just as there is an Albanian and Pomak community.
Regardless of whether the Greek state tries to hide behind the term "Muslim minority".

The topic you mentioned is off topic as there is another topic in the Greek subforum.

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Did the Greek Foreign Minister go and count all the Greeks of Ukraine one by one? Since there will be no new demographic data until 2023, i do not think we can talk about 150,000 or 200,000 Greeks in Ukraine. These numbers are pure fiction without any elementary source. If the Greek minority of Ukraine has in its documents as a community the numbers written by Mr. Dendias, let them make them public! Otherwise we will talk about fiction.
Ukraine in 2001 had a population of 48,400,000 inhabitants while today it has 43,322,000 inhabitants with a steady decline in population over these 20 years. How come the Greeks of Ukraine in 2001 are 91,400 and in 2022 are 150,000-200,000 when we talk about a country whose population is declining?
On the subject, you see there is a problem in Ucraine demographics.
The reality so, is Ucraine census needs up-to-date demographic data, according how one feels nationally, and not to baptize all Ukrainians.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
On the subject, you see there is a problem in Ucraine demographics.
The reality so, is Ucraine census needs up-to-date demographic data, according how one feels nationally, and not to baptize all Ukrainians.

So I ask you again:
Did the Greek Foreign Minister go and count all the Greeks of Ukraine one by one? Since there will be no new demographic data until 2023, i do not think we can talk about 150,000 or 200,000 Greeks in Ukraine. These numbers are pure fiction without any elementary source.

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
So I ask you again:
Did the Greek Foreign Minister go and count all the Greeks of Ukraine one by one? Since there will be no new demographic data until 2023, i do not think we can talk about 150,000 or 200,000 Greeks in Ukraine. These numbers are pure fiction without any elementary source.
From the Greeks of Ucraine, I told you many times. It obviously has clues. Not everyone can write that there is a problem with Ukrainian statistics and you just get over it

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
From the Greeks of Ucraine, I told you many times. It obviously has clues. Not everyone can write that there is a problem with Ukrainian statistics and you just get over it
And i write you the following again:
If the Greek minority of Ukraine has in its documents as a community the numbers written by Mr. Dendias, let them make them public! Otherwise we will talk about fiction.

Top Bottom