India India - Pakistan Relations

Paro

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
I remember watching this movie for the first time in college 2nd year I think.... I got hooked on kubrick after that....

This is the part that came uncannily close for the USAF:

This stuff was all super classified back then as SAC was still the major deterrent the US had....till way more ICBMs and SSBNs came online in the 70s onwards.
I still haven’t watched the movie. It's on top of my list now.

HTurk

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,203
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

crixus

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
India
Just read the article and I must say that India's behaving very poorly on this matter. Not informing Pakistan? Not using the direct communication lines between Indian and Pakistani HQs? No immediate reaction the day after the incident? That's all really not acceptable...
Not acceptable to who ?

Last edited:

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,582
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Just read the article and I must say that India's behaving very poorly on this matter. Not informing Pakistan? Not using the direct communication lines between Indian and Pakistani HQs? No immediate reaction the day after the incident? That's all really not acceptable...
According to "The Print" Shekhar Gupta - typically in such situations there is a hotline and the Indian DGMO would have called up the Pakistani DGMO within minutes and informed him that the missile was unarmed and it was an accident - else even the Indians would expect a reprisal. That's the reason why the Pak Army appeared quite calm.

Zapper

Experienced member
Reactions
10 799
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
There are a ton of hot lines between India & pak almost at every level. Do you really think pak would act this maturely if we didn't inform about the incoming missile since there's no way for pak to really track and intercept a supersonic missile. As Bloomberg clearly states, the missile was launched from Ambala but pak claimed the missile originated from Sirsa.

Heck, even we didn't have the time to take corrective actions by the time missile went haywire since if this happened with a subsonic missile, we might've shot it down with our own AD if we had one in the area

Another theory most folks are speculating is this might be an intentional launch

Joe Shearer

Contributor
Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,938
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Frankly, between you and me, while I have never had even the slightest confidence in the stupid politicals we have, I have had residual confidence in the services. Having said that, in our country, I think the Navy is the best service - once they get over having accidents in submarines, like leaving hatch doors open in submarines and spending big money fixing what got damaged in the sub getting soaked inside the hull! The Army is next best, but suffers from excessive size; too many incompetents become Major General and run divisions (there are 39, so apparently we don't have 39 good brigadiers to promote to two stars).

It's the Air Force that worries me. They can't seem to do anything right.

Lonewolf

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Those who still believe arihant have a hatch door , should calm down really , design don't have that kind of feature , might be a coverup or something , we are known to make bad cover ups

SavageKing456

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Having said that, in our country, I think the Navy is the best service - once they get over having accidents in submarines, like leaving hatch doors open in submarines and spending big money fixing what got damaged in the sub getting soaked inside the hull!
Don't comment on topics on which you don't have knowledge
Arihant is hatchless submarine.
It was a fake news spread by a newspaper named-the hindu

Last edited:

Joe Shearer

Contributor
Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,938
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Those who still believe arihant have a hatch door , should calm down really , design don't have that kind of feature , might be a coverup or something , we are known to make bad cover ups
A cover-up, with a service enquiry, and lakhs of rupees worth of damage?

Just wait a moment, while I get my brain back in my skull. I hate to see it skittering around the floor.

Joe Shearer

Contributor
Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,938
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Don't comment on topics on which you don't have knowledge
Arihant is hatchless submarine.
It was a fake news spread by a newspaper named-the hindu
It follows up on its news very thoroughly. I would rather believe The Hindu than believe you.

Lonewolf

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
A cover-up, with a service enquiry, and lakhs of rupees worth of damage?

Just wait a moment, while I get my brain back in my skull. I hate to see it skittering around the floor.
Actual documents of tender for repair ?? Or document of inquiry except news article ?

SavageKing456

Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
It follows up on its news very thoroughly. I would rather believe The Hindu than believe you.
The submarine has no hatches there. The Arihant is based on Russian double hull design with a sealed nuclear reactor section. Except for the latest French nuclear submarines that have a hatch above the reactor for quicker refuelling, no other country with nuclear submarines have such a system.

well the hindu even said that the submarine was sunk,while arihant is operational in arsenal.

Joe Shearer

Contributor
Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,938
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Regarding the 'hatch' incident .

This article has some clarification .

There are no external hatches in the compartment that houses the steam turbine, gearbox, generator and shaft that drives the propeller. Under normal circumstances, it is not possible for sea water to enter the submarine, and certainly not via a ‘non-existent hatch’. It also not possible for a modern submarine that has various sensors to not have a warning system about an open hatch in any other area of the submarine critical for its survival.

its fake news that sort of now has become a meme .
Fake news from The Hindu is difficult to believe.

When asked, people still in service pursed their lips and refused to comment. There was no vehement denial.

Top Bottom