News Indonesia - US Army Join Exercise Garuda Shield in Relation Toward Indonesian Non-Allign/"Bebas Aktif" Policy

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Below is the discussion about the topic publish by TVOne. It has good arguments/contra arguments and we can learn a thing or two from it. Again the conclusion is up to you to decide, I highly suggest you watch all the squence to have a clear picture and to avoid any misunderstanding. Enjoy

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Edit: Title

Last edited:

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
my bet they don't even read what it is mean to achieve and preserve Indonesian independence and Freedom in UUD 1945!!! Mendayung di antara dua karang atau politik bebas aktif that's only guide being written by Hatta during his early years as Vice President and in brief as Prime Minister of Indonesia in context of Cold War between US of A and Uni Soviet in which mostly happened in mainland of Asia, Europe and in some extent latin America and Africa. The current situation at the time and now is vastly different, what we are facing today and yesterday is very different. Soviet Union is long gone from history, there is China as the rising second Super power and they are fucking close to our water and shore, they had major influence on many level in Indonesia (economy and politically). To made a balance against their influence Indonesia need to find a major partner allies and US of A is fit the bill, they are not near Indonesia (in which they had limited interest to Indonesia territory sovereignty), they are the largest economy in the world (for the time being), the largest military in the world (for a long time shot) and their policy and internal politics fundamentally is being guide by their constitution not by single party and strong man which in itself made them a stable partner. The fucking guidance of mendayung di antara dua karang is not fucking rellevant at all for Indonesian situation right now when we are facing such near and close threat!!

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
What is more important is to preserved our Independence and Freedom!! Not anything else

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Below is the discussion about the topic publish by TVOne. It has good arguments/contra arguments and we can learn a thing or two from it. Again the conclusion is up to you to decide, I highly suggest you watch all the squence to have a clear picture and to avoid any misunderstanding. Enjoy

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Edit: Title
Bebas Aktif policy and protecting our fundamental sovereignty should not be in the same context, let alone in the same paragraph.

Notice how many Logical Fallacy ms.Cony made

eF5kXR6.jpg

And make another Logical Fallacy while not being consistent with what she had said herself in the first video

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
They all making a good point in the arguments imo. I like her idea of either going all the way of becoming Neutral or just officially join the US alliance. Tho I am not sure both options are applicable for the time being let alone in the next decade or so unless some major events happen. But I also want to remind her that even to make that decission we have to aware that we are not living in "ruang hampa" because we also have ASEAN & Australia as neighbor for consideration.

Pak Hikmahanto on this video is saying about this "gadis cantik yg diperebutkan", which trigger my thought that even this gadis cantik need to choose who she is going to be with at certain point or she might end up getting older and lonely :LOL:

Pak Sutiyoso pretty much sharing the thought of many military officer in general regarding reluctancy of getting closer in military relation with China, seeing the US marine stationed in Darwin as something to look out into, how the joint training open military eyes on whats their condition compater to others, etc. I am agreeing to him regarding this joint military training shouldnt be a problem to China perspective towards Indonesia. I am sure they (China) are fully aware and have receive the massage consistenly regarding our security approach.

Overall when we put Economy into the equation then those statements or thinking must be put back into calculation. At this point I am just happy not being in a position to decide our heading. I hope our Govt can get it right 😫

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,483
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Didn't she once said about establishing military alliance with both China and US? Basically split Indonesia into two region (east and west) that have different military alliance, which is hostile to each other.

Me: hm... that's sounds familiar...
East Germany & West Germany : allow us to introduce ourselves.

RajaSultanKing

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Didn't she once said about establishing military alliance with both China and US? Basically split Indonesia into two region (east and west) that have different military alliance, which is hostile to each other.

Me: hm... that's sounds familiar...
East Germany & West Germany : allow us to introduce ourselves.

Kim Il Sung and Syngman Rhee would like to have a word with you

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom